A Year's Worth Of Free DLC Coming To Dying Light

10 pieces of free DLC are coming in the next 12 months.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-...source=twitter

Despite releasing almost three years ago, Dying Light continues to have a very active user base, with roughly half a million players still playing the survival horror game weekly. With so many players engaged with the title, developer Techland has announced it plans to continue supporting the game with a year's worth of DLC.

Techland will release 10 pieces of DLC for Dying Light over the course of the next 12 months. These expansions will include new enemies, more in-game events, new locations to explore, and "much, much more." This additional content will be offered for free across all of the game's platforms. The first, dubbed Content Drop 0, will arrive "in the coming weeks" and introduces new enemies to the game. "Drop #0 is a taste of the new things coming to the game, before the '10 free DLCs in 12 months' campaign fully launches later this year," a press release reads.

Additionally, Techland has said it will host more community events going forward--up to four per quarter. It also plans to continue tweaking the gameplay and balancing based on fan feedback. To better facilitate community interaction, the developer will launch a dedicated community platform "through which fans will have an influence on what kind of new content is created." Techland will announce more details about this platform in the near future.

Dying Light is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game was well-received when it debuted; GameSpot awarded the original version 7/10. Meanwhile, its DLC expansion, The Following, earned 8/10, with critic Scott Butterworth calling it "a sizable chunk of story-driven content that feels at once distinct from and in sync with the original experience" in GameSpot's review.
    The amount of support this game keeps getting is just amazing. Techland has became one of my fav dev's, just due to the amount of support they keep giving this game.

Edit: Trailer for the DLC

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-24 at 03:17 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I still need to go through and play The Following expansion. I beat the base game but never went back and played The Following even though I got it with the season pass. It's a good game for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I still need to go through and play The Following expansion. I beat the base game but never went back and played The Following even though I got it with the season pass. It's a good game for sure.
    I never finished the base game, I need to rebuy the whole game again. I heard about them doing the Following expansion and all so I traded in my original copy. I do plan to pick it up in the near future.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got through part of The Following Expansion but not completely. Based on what I know, the storyline isn't very long.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the base game but haven't been able to get into the expansion. Something about introducing a buggy ina parkour game broke the immersion for me. Felt like a first person Mad Max.

Heros the gaming industry doesn't deserve, but have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    I really liked the base game but haven't been able to get into the expansion. Something about introducing a buggy ina parkour game broke the immersion for me. Felt like a first person Mad Max.
    Half Life 2 had the boat and buggy areas.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Id much rather see them pool resources into developing a Superior-than the original Sequel Dying Light 2, have one of the main characters survive and make it back to the united states or a more westernized/english nation than wherever the original game was set.

It looks like Dead Island might be dead, and we are in dire need of new, quality zombie games.
    I just wish all these devs would stop pushing game development rapidly, developing a game from scratch in under 400 days and then releasing it rapidly just for $, If im not mistaken the best games like WoW where developed at a modest pace, alot of time for the developers to experiment and alot of creative minds being able to let their minds flow, instead of being a rapid game manufacturer with zero time for thinking or creativity, just code code code test test test release release next project! gogo!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found the base game extremely bland and boring, but have been told the Following made it a bit better. Might check it out if it comes up Cheap on a Sale somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-...source=twitter

The amount of support this game keeps getting is just amazing. Techland has became one of my fav dev's, just due to the amount of support they keep giving this game.
    Any word on the VR implementation? I hope they add full VR support with those patches

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Any word on the VR implementation? I hope they add full VR support with those patches
    No clue sorry.

VR in this game would be motion sickness from hell IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Dying light was the kind of zombie game I had been waiting for, I wish it was a bit bigger and had more customization but I am positive that if they create a sequel, it'll be a smash hit like that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No clue sorry.

VR in this game would be motion sickness from hell IMO.
    Yeah you need REALLY strong VR legs for this kind of game, but it's worth it ^^
    Last edited by Karon; 2017-07-24 at 01:57 PM.

Trailer for the DLC.