Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    (Capaldi gets £250,000 a year)
    He gets MUCH more than that when you add in the syndication of BBC worldwide, which sells programs in non-UK juridictions for a fucktonne of money. And which is not disclosed as part of his BBC pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    He gets MUCH more than that when you add in the syndication of BBC worldwide, which sells programs in non-UK juridictions for a fucktonne of money. And which is not disclosed as part of his BBC pay.
    It still isn't enough for a year long commitment for most big stars, especially older actors. Doctor Who has traditionally taken people in relatively unknown outside of British TV. Plus there's the typecasting which is why most refuse the role

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It still isn't enough for a year long commitment for most big stars, especially older actors. Doctor Who has traditionally taken people in relatively unknown outside of British TV. Plus there's the typecasting which is why most refuse the role
    Kind of tough to be typecasted from portraying a character that has no set "type". The character is who the actor and writers make them after each regeneration. The only way they would be type cast is if the actor was a complete unknown before taking the role, did a great job as the Doctor, and stayed on for several years.

James Gandolfini was type cast as Tony Soprano (or any Italian mob figure) for example.

Typecasting All new-who doctors have continued to have good careers playing a variety of roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

finally. its time for me to watch the finale~~~!!!!

bills be lookin high as fuck my dudes. deadass faded

cybermnen attack???

this honestly feels like im watchin old school goosebumps like wot da fock is this. this some 90s shit i dig it.

the hungry earth series 5 episode 8 this time space ships

BILLS!!! ITS MY GIRL!!!!

no no no no no no no no no! the doctor is your waifu missy you cant do that! WHEN DID THIS TURN INTO NOIR HORROR @_@ WHY IS IT BLACK AND WHITE! WHY IS MISSY DOING THIS! IM SCAAAARED IM SCARED SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE @_@

NARDOLE UYOU PUSSY ASS BITCH! YOU BETTA CALL DA FOCKIN COPSSS!!!!!!

THIS BITCH DONE TURN TRICKS ON US DOCTOR @_@ SHE DONE VON WEASELED HERSELF TOO FARE! NOBODY DOES THAT TO BILLS RIP THEIR THROATS OUT @_@ KILL THEM @_@!!!!!!!@

THIS WHAT YOU GET FOR SWITCHIN SIDES @_@ HOW COULD MISSY BETRAY THE DOCTOR LIKE THIS!?!?!

o_o

WAIFUZ BACK!!!!!! @_@

@_@ LOL where da fuck you make that spaceship at nardole??? FOCKIN PAPER MACHE CLASS YOU DUMB FUCK

bills got the touch! bills got the poweeerrrrrrrrrr

bills is safe.. okay, crisis averted

ITS LIKE YOU'RE MY MIRROR! MY MIRROR STARIN BACK AT MEEE! I COULDNT GET ANY BIGGER! WITH ANYONE ELSE BESIDE OF ME AND NOW ITS CLEAR AS THIS PROMISE THAT WERE MAKIN TWO REFLECTIONS INTO ONE!!! CAUSE ITS LIKE YOU'RE MY MIRROR! MY MIRROR STARIN BACK AT ME!

would you like a jelly baby!

OH FUCK @_@ BILLS GOT ANGER LAZERS @_@ this scene is fucking brutal man

an episode of new who has never made my stomach wrench ilike this. i know it will likely get better but right now this is probably the worst off a new who companions ever been. closest one maybe amy when she was lost in that plague hotel

awww but the old cybermen are so much creepier and cooler...

#guyliner

nardole used explosive bullet cheat, achievements turned off

its not gay if you fuck yourself

no! waifu dont go! that bearded you dont know what hes talkin bout! stay with the doctor!

FIRST THEY SAY BITCH NOW THEY SAY ASS @_@ WHO ALLOWED SWEARS? WHEN DID THE BEEB ALLOW SWEARS IN CHILDRENS SHOWS!!!

also this feels like capaldis last episode, it feels like a proper finale to his arc. im gonna miss him so much but this series really was amazing

cmere! hey pst, you wanna see a dead body?

the master just... missy just... but you cant do that! thats like being your own grandma! but omg it makes so much sense now why she doesnt remember

hey you know how i totes never wanted to fuck you ever right? wasnt that great?

@_@ YOU KILLED YOURSELF TWICE IN THE SAME FOCKIN DAY!

rip waifu. may you return swiftly!

this is like trenzalor but for 12 and its AMAZING

;_;

12 IS THE COOLEST FUCKING DOCTOR!!! @_@ THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE EVER @_@

this is one of the most brutal fucked up episodes of who ever, damn

the doctor got one upped by a lesbiano puddle

she left him her tears... thats how she'll say goodbye in her cameo!

its been a long time since ive seen rose and donna and martha. WHERE THE FUCK IS RORY AND MICKEY @_@

MULTI MASTER THEN MULTI DOCTOR FOR FINAL EPISODES! CAPALDI ALL TIME BEST DOCTOR!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Jodie was a dramatic actress in Broadchurch, so this points to the show moving towards a drama under Chibnall as I thought. In fact both Whittaker and new companion Kris Marshall can do "damaged" characters well.

RTD: Specializes in writing excellent characters
    Moffatt: Specializes in complex plots
    Chibnall: Specializes in drama
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. Kris is the companion, is that confirmed?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion on Whittaker is the same as my opinion on Capaldi; let me see this Doctor play out, THEN I will decide how I like them. I LOVED "absent-minded, midlife crisis Matt Smith" doctor. But I grew to love "grumpy, logical, tired-of-your-shit Peter Capaldi" Doctor too.

The show is not instantly worse off solely because of Jodie. It's not some SJW thing. It's not some feminazi thing.

The five stages of loss:
    Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance

This is just the initial denial/anger phase of "oh god, no, the Doctor is changing again. Capaldi is leaving!" It happened with Eccleston, it happened with Tennant, it happened with Smith, and it will happen with Whittaker when she leaves. People just have a lot more ammo to throw at her because of all the current shit going on in the world. The Internet needs to get over it's own ego.

I was in agreement until I read phase 6.

The show has hits and misses, but it's far from "poor" in quality.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-07-23 at 08:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wait.. Kris is the companion, is that confirmed?
    He recently left Death in Paradise. And BBC has said "A spokesperson for the BBC stated that no casting decisions have been made yet." but it seems like they did not say no so....Seems likely?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    My opinion on Whittaker is the same as my opinion on Capaldi; let me see this Doctor play out, THEN I will decide how I like them. I LOVED "absent-minded, midlife crisis Matt Smith" doctor. But I grew to love "grumpy, logical, tired-of-your-shit Peter Capaldi" Doctor too.

The show is not instantly worse off solely because of Jodie. It's not some SJW thing. It's not some feminazi thing.

The five stages of loss:
    Denial
    Anger
    Bargaining
    Depression
    Acceptance

This is just the initial denial/anger phase of "oh god, no, the Doctor is changing again. Capaldi is leaving!" It happened with Eccleston, it happened with Tennant, it happened with Smith, and it will happen with Whittaker when she leaves. People just have a lot more ammo to throw at her because of all the current shit going on in the world. The Internet needs to get over it's own ego.

I was in agreement until I read phase 6.

The show has hits and misses, but it's far from "poor" in quality.
    The last season before this one was so bad...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The last season before this one was so bad...
    Like I said, highs and lows. I thought Clara's death was perfect, but then they ruined it with a fairy tale happy ending. I loved the Doctor alone episode but wasn't a fan of the sandman episode. And everything with Missy was just glorious. It was still an enjoyable season overall.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-07-23 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Christmas Episode trailer from Comic Con: https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/v...2564660424218/

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. I like the concept and glad to see Bill make a comeback, brief though it is.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Christmas Episode trailer from Comic Con: https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/v...2564660424218/

For none sucky facebook quality.
    @Gallahadd And I am guessing Bill comes back so someone can cry about "OMG you changed! Bullshit companion trope."
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    And I am guessing Bill comes back so someone can cry about "OMG you changed! Bullshit companion trope."
    Haha, that is always a possibility...

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that is always a possibility...
    And the possible "Your a women!" And Bill then hits on her...oh god..no!!! Or yes !...No bad Apepi!

10+ Year Old Account
    And the possible "Your a women!" And Bill then hits on her...oh god..no!!! Or yes !...No bad Apepi!
    Gods, I hadn't even thought of that XD. Although to be fair, I'm guessing the Doctor wont regenerate until the end of the episodes, and Bill may not stick around that long.

I'm just hoping Clara doesn't come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods, I hadn't even thought of that XD. Although to be fair, I'm guessing the Doctor wont regenerate until the end of the episodes, and Bill may not stick around that long.

I'm just hoping Clara doesn't come back.
    I was actually totally hoping Bill would stick around to be with a female Doctor, if for no other reason than to put that awkward doctor-companion romance back in the show. But then I was sort of let down by Bill in general.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I was actually totally hoping Bill would stick around to be with a female Doctor, if for no other reason than to put that awkward doctor-companion romance back in the show. But then I was sort of let down by Bill in general.
    Noooo, please for the love of god, NO ROMANCE SUBPLOTS.

Christmas Special looks to be amazing. Too bad they ruined it with bringing back Bill. Ugh, these needy companions in New Who.

man 12 was so amazing. am i the only one who missed the paternoster gang lately? i miss vastra and jenny and strax. i guess theyre probably not gonna show up again though atleast we have a comic series for them

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552