Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Playing Splatoon without gyro is like trying to load up CSGo on your pc and play with a xbox controller. It's just shit. People probably don't even realize it until they learn it.
    Have you started playing Splatoon 2 yet?

I keep having an issue with the Gyro controls where it will seem desynced quite often, so I have to keep resetting the position with Y. It gets extremely frustrating, so I just disabled it, since I'm using the Ink Roller until I get more comfortable with the game overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Have you started playing Splatoon 2 yet?

I keep having an issue with the Gyro controls where it will seem desynced quite often, so I have to keep resetting the position with Y. It gets extremely frustrating, so I just disabled it, since I'm using the Ink Roller until I get more comfortable with the game overall.
    Yes. It's the same as Splatoon 1, you should constantly be resetting it quite often. It's just part of controlling it right. I'm playing on a pro controller and it was a little quirky at first compared to the Wii U gamepad but after a while it became like riding a bike again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't assume it just makes you look like a ass.

I know what reaction speed you get with Gyro. Doesn't change the fact I don't like using it.

Seems that is a hard concept for you to understand.
    Since you know how to properly use gyro explain it to us. How do you do it? It's just funny when you can read people like a book because I was that same guy with Splatoon 1 launched talking out my ass, until I bothered to actually learn them. Everyone hates gyro before they properly know how to play with it, everyone loves it after they actually put in the time to learn it. No surprise by the end of Splatoon 1 pretty much everyone who refused to swallow their pride was gone and only gyro master race was left. The same will be the case here.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-23 at 05:00 AM.

Since you know how to properly use gyro explain it to us. How do you do it? It's just funny when you can read people like a book because I was that same guy with Splatoon 1 launched talking out my ass, until I bothered to actually learn them. Everyone hates gyro before they properly know how to play with it, everyone loves it after they actually put in the time to learn it. No surprise by the end of Splatoon 1 pretty much everyone who refused to swallow their pride was gone and only gyro master race was left. The same will be the case here.
    Really?? This isn't a test in class, I don't need to explain dick to you. I don't like Gryo controls so I don't use them, Believe it or not its that simple. Just because I don't like doing something doesn't mean I don't know how.

Seriously get the fuck off your high horse already, Believe it or not but not everyone likes the same shit you do.

Not replying to this anymore because its clear what you are doing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

as much as i agree on gyro being the better way to play the game, then holy jesus you don't need to go full on crusade of the holy land because JT likes to use the analog controls over the gyro.

jesus gaming ''culture'' have gotten horribly toxic.
    you don't need to min/max, you don't need to use the superior build or the superior controls. you don't need to try and be the best.
    some people play the game for the fun, and frankly you can still suck at a game and have fun sucking at it.
    want to play competetively? sure go ahead and optimize, but for fuck sake don't force-feed your shit to other people and shit all over them when they don't agree/comply. especially not when you're playing outside of an competetive environment. save it for ranked and league matches.

OT:
    Salmon run get immensily ''easier'' when you reach Profreshional rank.
    higher quotas, more boss spawns, but holy hell MM/teammate quality increases exponentially.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-07-23 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    as much as i agree on gyro being the better way to play the game, then holy jesus you don't need to go full on crusade of the holy land because JT likes to use the analog controls over the gyro.

jesus gaming ''culture'' have gotten horribly toxic.
    you don't need to min/max, you don't need to use the superior build or the superior controls. you don't need to try and be the best.
    some people play the game for the fun, and frankly you can still suck at a game and have fun sucking at it.
    want to play competetively? sure go ahead and optimize, but for fuck sake don't force-feed your shit to other people and shit all over them when they don't agree/comply. especially not when you're playing outside of an competetive environment. save it for ranked and league matches.
    Playing a competitive multiplayer game and not trying your best, trying to get better and being a solid team mate sure is fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Where did I say the Switch is failing miserably? I was talking specifically about their retarded chat system (which they DID fail miserably on).

But please, continue putting words in my mouth.
    I think it was pretty clear what you are saying TBH, not sure how it got misconstrued. The app is failing miserably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing a competitive multiplayer game and not trying your best, trying to get better and being a solid team mate sure is fun
    Yeah playing a game for entertainment and playing it the way you are most comfortable with is fun. Not everyone needs tryharding in a game, I know this concept is alien to you but thats reality.

there's ranked play and league play for competetive.
    turf war is for shits and giggles.
    salmon run got a ranking system as well.

turf war can be done with analog just fine, as you don't need to focus on accuracy all that much compared to every other mode, and this is the mode most casual players will stick in.
    if you want hardcore tryharding and people doing their best, play competetive game-modes and climb up the ladder.

there's ranked play and league play for competetive.
    turf war is for shits and giggles.
    Hmm when I specifically mention it being required for high level ranked surely I'm talking about random noobs in turf war amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Yeah playing a game for entertainment and playing it the way you are most comfortable with is fun. Not everyone needs tryharding in a game, I know this concept is alien to you but thats reality.
    There is games for that. They're called single player. When you're on a team, especially in any type of ranked situation you shouldn't be playing a game if you don't care about trying to win. That's the entire point of a competitive game.

Please don't boot me from LFR... I find it "most fun" when I afk while you guys get me all the loot That copout excuse can literally be used for anything, keep it on your own time and not others.

If anything this thread has made me thankful I'm already at A- so I don't need to deal with the hell that is the C ranks with people "having fun".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-23 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I think it was pretty clear what you are saying TBH, not sure how it got misconstrued. The app is failing miserably.
    It got misconstrued because the person that responded to me is a Nintendo zealot. Proved that when they admitted to buying the Switch and every game in the library atm.

And yeah, the chat app is an abomination. How Nintendo thought that was ever a good idea is beyond me. Considering their competitors have had decent chat options for YEARS. They could have literally just copy/pasted the competition's systems and called it something else. Boom, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It got misconstrued because the person that responded to me is a Nintendo zealot. Proved that when they admitted to buying the Switch and every game in the library atm.

And yeah, the chat app is an abomination. How Nintendo thought that was ever a good idea is beyond me. Considering their competitors have had decent chat options for YEARS. They could have literally just copy/pasted the competition's systems and called it something else. Boom, problem solved.
    Yea, you know what would be amazing in Splatoon 2 for teaching new players the ranked games and what not? Voice chat. But nah... Nintendo is worried about the kids hearing cursing as if it's so hard to set parental control locks that block voice chat. For the most part it was an absolute drag and carrying teams until the B ranks, players literally had no idea wtf they're doing and playing like its turf war.

Hmm when I specifically mention it being required for high level ranked surely I'm talking about random noobs in turf war amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

There is games for that. They're called single player. When you're on a team, especially in any type of ranked situation you shouldn't be playing a game if you don't care about trying to win. That's the entire point of a competitive game.

Please don't boot me from LFR... I find it "most fun" when I afk while you guys get me all the loot That copout excuse can literally be used for anything, keep it on your own time and not others.

If anything this thread has made me thankful I'm already at A- so I don't need to deal with the hell that is the C ranks with people "having fun".
    Holy shit, comparing being afk and not participating to not trying to be the very best, like no one ever was. that's some next level shit.

you're saying ranked situation, we're talking about not trying to be the god damned next astralis when casually playing.
    you can do turfwar perfectly fine without gyro because you don't need pinpoint precision, you just need to slosh out paint.

there's a reason why people participate in sports, but don't do it competetively. because it's FUN or personally rewarding in other manners.
    like why should people even do sports if they don't want to be the next world champion amirite? why do olympic shooting if you dont want to go to the OL? why do cycling if you don't want to be the next froome?
    why join a marathon if you goal isnt coming in first?
    might as well lock yourself up in a cellar and not participate in anything that have a competetive scene if you don't plan on partaking in it right? because there certainly can't exist casual participators where the outcome isnt the alpha and omega.

you can perfectly play a game and try to win, without tryharding or doing exactly what everyone and their pro-gamer mother is doing.

EDIT: also, casual game modes are there to experiment as well. find out what fits you, test different builds, gear and whatnot.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-07-23 at 09:17 AM.

you can do turfwar perfectly fine without gyro because you don't need pinpoint precision, you just need to slosh out paint.
    Eh, from what i'm seeing the common consensus is that doing that is in fact a huge detriment to yourself and your team. When tested gyro controls allows for players to get ink onto areas its much harder to accurately do so without or on some maps like the art gallery simply impossible to do so without. Which all adds up in a game where 'splats' mean literally nothing and the goal is surface coverage.

It sucks that its less viable for the people who like it or just want a mario kart 8 style drop in, drop out fun game with no consequence but with the way winning is decided and how both controls work you will end up getting bodied pretty hard which is unfun for the people grouped with you in the long run and more to the point as people get used to the gyro controls and your loss count increases the 'im just here to have fun xD" mindset will start to fall off as well.

Trouble is this is a harsh numbers game being bought by many because its a nintendo game with cute characters and music. But the the playerbase is not going to leave it as a casual party game like ARMS turned out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Eh, from what i'm seeing the common consensus is that doing that is in fact a huge detriment to yourself and your team. When tested gyro controls allows for players to get ink onto areas its much harder to accurately do so without or on some maps like the art gallery simply impossible to do so without. Which all adds up in a game where 'splats' mean literally nothing and the goal is surface coverage.

It sucks that its less viable for the people who like it or just want a mario kart 8 style drop in, drop out fun game with no consequence but with the way winning is decided and how both controls work you will end up getting bodied pretty hard which is unfun for the people grouped with you in the long run and more to the point as people get used to the gyro controls and your loss count increases the 'im just here to have fun xD" mindset will start to fall off as well.

Trouble is this is a harsh numbers game being bought by many because its a nintendo game with cute characters and music. But the the playerbase is not going to leave it as a casual party game like ARMS turned out to be.
    the thing is that people can still be GOOD (although maybe not the best) with analog controls, especially those that have played a lot of FPS and 3rdps on consoles, at least good enough for the uncompetetive part of the game.

while i whole-heartedly agree that everyone is better off in the long run going with gyro controls, then it's simply absurd to figuratively ostracize people from the game because they dont enjoy it the same way, or maybe don't play it enough/on a level where it's worthwhile to spend the time needed to learn the gyro controls.

the whole ''git gud, or don't play at all'' attitude that seems to be looming in every game that has a ranked mode is just absolutely moronic IMO.
    you have ranked mode where you can express your elitism, try your best and show that you're good. if you're good you'll climb the ladder and play with likeminded and equally skilled players.
    but there needs to be space for having fun, experimenting and dicking around as well. as long as you don't do it with an malicious intent to destroy the game experience on purpose for other people, there should be absolutely nothing wrong with going off-meta.

but there needs to be space for having fun, experimenting and dicking around as well. as long as you don't do it with an malicious intent to destroy the game experience on purpose for other people, there should be absolutely nothing wrong with going off-meta.
    People like tech should be happy people go off meta. So he can rank up fast and get away from the "Scrubs" he seems to think hes better than and can beat sooo easy.

Also I LUL really hard at someone taking a game where your a kid then a squid serious.... Its the same shit that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had because of the assist mode.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I would agree, trouble is modern developers dont. A player doing that getting reported for griefing is a player potentially ruining the good time of 3 others. Thats players who may leave and lower the number pool players who may be bad word of mouth. Thats one match and what if we leave the player 'making my own fun' to keep doing this in match after match?

I would bet good money more bans in online games like this are based on affecting the teams experience negatively instead of traditional cheating. Devs get super panic crazy over anything making the experience bad.

Last i read devs started to make the shift with things like The Division. It had a 'dark zone' open pvp area that quickly devolved into groups standing at the entrance farming beginners which eventually just sent the message its not worth playing that part of the game. It was a very public example of 'when a bad time kills interest and a huge player decline begins' and over the last couple of years devs are paranoid about it happening to them.

In a console with a screenshot button on the controller its easier than ever for someone to say 'this guy was ruining my game' and then finding you are banned next time you want to play online. Its horseshit but thats the climate for online games nowadays. Its all about player retention.

I would agree, trouble is modern developers dont. A player doing that getting reported for griefing is a player potentially ruining the good time of 3 others. Thats players who may leave and lower the number pool players who may be bad word of mouth. Thats one match and what if we leave the player 'making my own fun' to keep doing this in match after match?

I would bet good money more bans in online games like this are based on affecting the teams experience negatively instead of traditional cheating. Devs get super panic crazy over anything making the experience bad.

Last i read devs started to make the shift with things like The Division. It had a 'dark zone' open pvp area that quickly devolved into groups standing at the entrance farming beginners which eventually just sent the message its not worth playing that part of the game. It was a very public example of 'when a bad time kills interest and a huge player decline begins' and over the last couple of years devs are paranoid about it happening to them.

In a console with a screenshot button on the controller its easier than ever for someone to say 'this guy was ruining my game' and then finding you are banned next time you want to play online. Its horseshit but thats the climate for online games nowadays. Its all about player retention.
    the divison example is literally griefing.

i don't know why people tend to equate ''making my own fun = griefing/doing bad things on purpose'', there's also a difference between ''making your own fun'' and ''generally just having fun'' when playing games.
    when i'm talking about playing and having fun, i'm meaning fulfilling the core gameplay, but still have the space to have your own playstyle.
    back when i played a lot of LoL i would often do unranked games to try out new things, for example a build i called ''Hellcat teemo'' which turned out to be a viable build in the casual scene, and albeit sub-par still workable up to mid-elo ranked games.

there is a huge difference between having your own playstyle, trying new things, being a new player or being sub-par at the game and griefing.
    its honestly bloody easy to spot the difference, because one revolves around having the intent to destroy the game experience on purpose for other on purpose, whereas the other may have a impact on the outcome, but not as radically as people malicious intent.

i have not once seen someone get banned for being bad, trying new build, testing new champions/characters and whatnot in that direction.
    people handling reported cases are somewhat trained and experienced in judging cases, and it honestly makes it easier nowdays when most games are caching replays and stats like never before.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-07-23 at 10:36 AM.

the divison example is literally griefing.

i don't know why people tend to equate ''making my own fun = griefing/doing bad things on purpose'', there's also a difference between ''making your own fun'' and ''generally just having fun'' when playing games.
    when i'm talking about playing and having fun, i'm meaning fulfilling the core gameplay, but still have the space to have your own playstyle.
    back when i played a lot of LoL i would often do unranked games to try out new things, for example a build i called ''Hellcat teemo'' which turned out to be a viable build in the casual scene, and albeit sub-par still workable up to mid-elo ranked games.

there is a huge difference between having your own playstyle, trying new things, being a new player or being sub-par at the game and griefing.
    its honestly bloody easy to spot the difference, because one revolves around having the intent to destroy the game experience on purpose for other on purpose, whereas the other may have a impact on the outcome, but not as radically as people malicious intent.

i have not once seen someone get banned for being bad, trying new build, testing new champions/characters and whatnot in that direction.
    people handling reported cases are somewhat trained and experienced in judging cases, and it honestly makes it easier nowdays when most games are caching replays and stats like never before.
    I think the people who do report it as griefing are the 'players ruining MY good time' mindsets.

I think the people who do report it as griefing are the 'players ruining MY good time' mindsets.
    exactly.
    people in general are selfish and feel entitled when playing games like these. that goes for both parties.

there was a post on a forums i partake in where a guy complained that he got a temporary ban (like 1hr) in splatwoon. the reasoning was that he disconnected in a lot of matches and never returned. turned out he was playing online during a thunderstorm that caused heavy instability to the electricity and network.
    He rationalized that he shouldnt get that ban because ''he paid for the game, he is entitled to play it'' (all given that he's not paying for the online, which is a free optional service provided).

i agree that situations such as that would be a justified ban because you put your team at a major disadvantage intentionally.

but nobody is going to notice that somebody could have inked for 50 points more if he had used a weapon that you are more proficient with, gotten an extra splat if they used gyro because it doesn't have a major impact in the macro-perspective.

splatoon is still a new-ish franchise, and certainly brand new on a fairly popular system, so there will be an influx of new players of different skill levels that need to adjust, find their playstyle and figure the game out.

i do agree that there should be more measures to introduce people to further ''advanced'' play like ranked mode, because there is some people that don't understand that it turns in to a conventional objective, shoot-your-enemy type of gameplay in ranked.

10+ Year Old Account
    my only experience of gyro is Splatoon, I didn't little Splatoon so I can't form much of a basis for an argument. The only FPS I've enjoyed on console since switching from pc is destiny.