Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh, I can just about guarantee that Activision had a huge part to play in all this. It most definitely has their stink all over it.
    Well we all see the contracts from Marty's court case. Activision has them buy the balls. The reason they cut half of destiny out into dlc was because they have to put out something destiny related and charge money for it each fiscal year or they default on the contract to them. Activision is the master of this franchise in every way. Bungie is just the contractor making it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well we all see the contracts from Marty's court case. Activision has them buy the balls. The reason they cut half of destiny out into dlc was because they have to put out something destiny related and charge money for it each fiscal year or they default on the contract to them. Activision is the master of this franchise in every way. Bungie is just the contractor making it for them.
    That isn't 100% true. Reason Destiny was cut to death was due to it being delayed and it would have missed its launch year.

This is a good read if you haven't read it.
    http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-sto...iny-1737556731

The game was hit with delay after delay. So its likely Activision told them to push the game out that year and that is one of the reasons why content got cut as hard as it did. Rarely can people 100% prove content was cut and sold as DLC. But in this case and after interviews with former dev's, It was proven.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny 2 'beta' is alright, really need an option to disable that vignette filter that darkens the screen edges on the XB1 version, I can't try out the PC 'beta'.

They seem more open to things this time whereas last they forced a 'vision' on you and wouldn't let you control aspects like dialogue volume.

I skipped Taken King and Rise of Iron in D1, I quasi regret that.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Taken king and Rise of Iron were great but people always seem to ignore them when talking about Destiny 1. I can only assume because most people that complain about it don't know the game fixed most of it's problems with Taken King. Rise of Iron wasn't as good but I believe they made that in 6 months after delaying Destiny 2 so all things considered it was still very impressive.

If Destiny 2's story is more like it's expansions as it seems to be it should be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    If Destiny 2's story is more like it's expansions as it seems to be it should be pretty good.
    But story can only carry a game so far, even more so a game of this style.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But story can only carry a game so far, even more so a game of this style.
    Maybe but Destiny's game play has been great from day one I have no doubt I'll have just as much fun with Destiny 2 regardless of some of these changes since I wasn't really bothered by any of it when playing the beta. Course it's hard to tell based on what's in the beta I reserve judgement until I get my hands on the full game.

Maybe but Destiny's game play has been great from day one I have no doubt I'll have just as much fun with Destiny 2 regardless of some of these changes since I wasn't really bothered by any of it when playing the beta. Course it's hard to tell based on what's in the beta I reserve judgement until I get my hands on the full game.
    Happy you enjoyed it, for me the Gameplay hasn't been great from day one. Day one was a fucken nightmare and it only got better with Taken King. Destiny 2 seems to be repeating the issues Destiny 1 vanilla had and I don't like that.

But if u enjoy it by all means play it, Ill never tell someone to not play something.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So people have done the math and of the 3 new stats on gear the movement stat is entirely useless. It does not affect run speed at all. It only effects base movement speed. Compared to more shields or more regen that is a detriment to spec into. So its just a two stat game. So two stats, two specs and everything thats not a power weapon now feels like a primary.

Sounds like vanilla destiny alright :/

Hopefully the beta acts as a beta and not a demo and this stuff gets remedied. Just make the mobility stat effect cooldowns instead or something.
    This is actually incorrect. Mobility works exactly the same as Agility did in Destiny 1; it also increases jump height/Blink distance. Destiny 1 was exactly the same, Agility only increased base movement speed (not sprint) and jump height/Blink distance. And considering that VoidWalker is the undisputed best PVE class in the game atm, and the fastest in the game; it does make a pretty big difference.

All 3 stats make a noticeable difference in certain situations. Exactly the same as Destiny 1.

Outside of that, overall the D2 Beta seems pretty promising for PVE in some regards. Purely for PVE there's a few glaring issues; namely ability cooldowns and ammo economy (which they've acknowledge they're adjusting). Boss health could be an issue, but we're also 10 lights under leveled on the beta and the ammo economy doesn't have their new changes which makes all the difference. Supers are really weak in PVE and they need some buffs for that at least. Hunter is also straight ass for PVE while Voidwalkers are extremely strong, if not broken. Titans are a nice middle-ground I feel.

Movement also felt really sluggish at first, but after playing for a while it actually is a nice change. It's nice to have good movement/speedruns involve more than pressing the jump button as fast as possible. Enemies updates are nice, Cabal having critical spots on all their backs is a really welcomed change. Weapons could use some rebalancing too. Some are god awful, others are decent. Will see more from the full game though.

It's basically more of the same of Destiny 1 formula with some changes, which I'm more than happy with. However if PVE stays exactly the same as it is, it'd be a little disappointing. They've acknowledged they've got changes for the full game addressing many of those, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed the Destiny 2 Beta. It was very basically the same as Destiny 1, but with improved Supers, and better movement.

I really enjoyed the 4v4 PvP. And I also really like that they moved the Special weapons to the Power Weapons slot. It really made people use their primary and secondary weapons way more than just relying on their shotguns and snipers.

As for the Strike, I liked that too. It had enough variety in it to feel like I am not just gunning through bullet sponges the whole time. Things such as the Excavator are a welcome addition to strikes, and I am actually a fan of the jumping parts too. It is a nice break from just shooting.

All in all, i'm excited to get the game. I just need to decide which console I will be getting it on. That is 100% dependent on which set of friends wants to commit to the game. So far, my Xbox1 friends are winning that race. My PS4 friends were a no show all weekend.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

New video from ign taking a look at Nessus' Lost Sectors, Public Events, and Adventures.

Makes me wish they had a patrol available like they did in the Destiny 1 beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    New video from ign taking a look at Nessus' Lost Sectors, Public Events, and Adventures.

Makes me wish they had a patrol available like they did in the Destiny 1 beta.
    This is cool. I think it will breath more life into the world. Towards the end of D1 they started pushing public events more, but this takes it a bit farther. I also like all the mini dungeons and side quests. This definitely sounds more like an mmo than before.

I haven't heard any news about the first Raid. Anyone seen anything yet?

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, for the people who played the beta (I didn't), how was it and do you intend on buying the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    So, for the people who played the beta (I didn't), how was it and do you intend on buying the game?
    Not buying it day 1, Mite later on.

They are tuning the game around PVP and as a person who plays PVE that royally sucks.

Here is my pros/cons from a couple pages back.

Pros...

1) The game's graphic's amazing.
    2) For what little story was in the beta, It was highly enjoyable.
    3) I like that we have 3 ability's now (Grenade,Special and the 3rd whatever u would call it).
    4) The boss in the strike was cool looking.

Cons

1) Lack of loot is a joke. This is a looter shooter and getting 3 items was boring.
    2) Damage output is a joke. It should not take me a bit over a full clip to kill red named enemy's even more so when I crit them. My grenade is a dam joke in damage. So many enemy's with fire shields and I only had shock weapon's.....
    3) The Cooldown's on all 3 ability's is too high.
    4) The use of your super is extremely short (at lease for the fire warlock) its 3 swings and your done.
    5) I do not like that PVE is suffering so they can balance PVP and try to force it to be a esport.
    6) Same boss fight types as D1 (Big Boss/Shit Ton of Adds).
    Also if u are interested in playing the beta its going on and open for another couple days, it got extended.

Definitely getting it day 1. A lot of people are bitching about minor things but none of that stuff bothered me while playing plus Bungie has already said they will be adjusting alot of that stuff before launch (Beta is an old build of the game). Beta is up until Tuesday evening so check it out if you have the time.

Will be getting it day 1 for sure. Impressed by the beta and it seems very promising for the full game. Full opinion of it on this same page above.

No idea how you got that idea, nor what you expect different? It's a 4 phase boss fight with each phase changing the way the boss behaves, each with different spawning enemies and 3/4 in a new area.

A room that consistently changes and drops you down, mechanics such as the entire floor damaging you and knocking you off unless you jump, his attacks/weapon type changing each phase, AoE blinding mechanic from the boss and the last phase he aggressively chases you along with exploding Vex chasing after you. His damage spot also changes as you destroy him towards the end.

Really don't know what more you expect from the boss formula, but it's far more complex than any of the other strike bosses in Destiny 1. The only correlation is that the boss has large HP, and there's adds spawning - which is always going to be a factor in any boss fight that wants to last more than 2 seconds lol.

edit: Hell, even reading most of your other points make no sense at all, or are blatantly untrue?
    1) Lack of loot is a joke. This is a looter shooter and getting 3 items was boring.
    It's a beta.. there's no way they're going to show every single piece of gear. They just wanted to show 1 type of each weapon in each slot, and 2 different armor sets + 3 exotics. Not sure what more you'd want, you get access to every type and 2-3x different types of each weapon archetype. In total I think it was something like 45+ weapons, 18+ armor items, and 3 Exotics. That seems like plenty for a beta and variety? Heavily your opinion, so I can't argue it I guess. Obviously the full game is going to be different though.

2) Damage output is a joke. It should not take me a bit over a full clip to kill red named enemy's even more so when I crit them. My grenade is a dam joke in damage. So many enemy's with fire shields and I only had shock weapon's.....
    Couple of things about this. You're 10 light levels under the strike, so damage output is lower. It can be argued if they should have/shouldn't have done this, but that's not the topic.

If it takes you a full clip to kill a red bar with all critical shots, you are not actually hitting your shots and missing them - that is why they're not dying. Most of the red bar enemies take 1-2 bullets from most weapon to kill if you're actually hitting crits.

"Fire shields" and "only shock weapons"; all energy weapons do increased damage to shielded enemies regardless of their type. It's a noticeable difference using a kinetic weapon vs energy weapon against a shielded enemy. Takes about two seconds to notice.

Furthermore, overall damage and power ammo drops has been addressed by Bungie as an issue they've already improved for live too. Even so, currently if you're using proper weapons and setups then damage output is far from a joke. Skip to this at 6:20 and see if the boss "dies too slowly" with the correct setup: https://youtu.be/rBv6fn-s1h8?t=380 (keeping in mind that they're also 10 levels under light here).

3) The Cooldown's on all 3 ability's is too high.
    For Supers, Grenades, Melee - agreed. The other ability we get seems to be on a good timer.

4) The use of your super is extremely short (at lease for the fire warlock) its 3 swings and your done.
    This is 100% incorrect too. Daybreak for Warlock puts out at least 6 hits (20:26): https://youtu.be/MGZ8YhK6SKs?t=1227 and lasts a decent while without firing it.

5) I do not like that PVE is suffering so they can balance PVP and try to force it to be a esport.
    Considering they're not having dedicated servers, nor private matches on launch; it turning into esports won't be for a long time. PVP balancing is impacting PVE slightly, but not to the extent you're making out. Which is also something heavily opinionated, so can't argue it too much.

As per above, the differences from the new strike boss vs old strikes bosses are massive. No idea how you could possibly think this.

I don't know, just seems like a lot of the stuff you're saying are blatant lies or you being misinformed. The few that weren't I either agree with or it comes down to personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    I don't know, just seems like a lot of the stuff you're saying are blatant lies or you being misinformed.
    Ya totally that's what it is, Isn't like I played the beta or anything...

(Or even have a recording of me playing it). You got me I made it all up, I did it to take down the evil company Bungie.

(Also like many others haven't said the same thing or agreed with what I said based on there experience ether).

Ya totally that's what it is, Isn't like I played the beta or anything...

(Or even have a recording of me playing it). You got me I made it all up, I did it to take down the evil company Bungie.

(Also like many others haven't said the same thing or agreed with what I said based on there experience ether).
    Considering each of your points I provided additional video proof in the cases where you were factually wrong, it could actually be fair to assume you didn't play it lol. I'm sure you did, but either you don't remember correctly or just didn't pay attention to what was happening? I'm not too sure.

Like I said, some of those were opinion-based and that's fine - but quite a few were just blatantly false and not true at all.

Apparently people had issues getting past the spinning turbine in the homecoming mission which surprises me because it didn't seem all that hard to me. Apparently in the final version of the game there is only one spinning turbine.

“I was surprised by the turbine, because there’s only one turbine spinning in the shipping game,” explained Smith. “And I was surprised to see two of ’em.”
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/07/2...-beta-came-out

Weird change but at least it helps to show that the version used for the beta isn't the same as the actual final version of the game.

Apparently people had issues getting past the spinning turbine in the homecoming mission which surprises me because it didn't seem all that hard to me. Apparently in the final version of the game there is only one spinning turbine.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/07/2...-beta-came-out

Weird change but at least it helps to show that the version used for the beta isn't the same as the actual final version of the game.
    Was watching Gothalion when he got there the first time and the issue seemed not the actual destroying of the turbine but finding which of the many spinning things you need to hit and not noticing the turbine hidden at the bottom under all sorts of other shiny things.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Was watching Gothalion when he got there the first time and the issue seemed not the actual destroying of the turbine but finding which of the many spinning things you need to hit and not noticing the turbine hidden at the bottom under all sorts of other shiny things.
    Same for me. I didn't realize what I was supposed to shoot. Once I did, it was very easy.

Working as intended imo.