Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    First they damage the ship so it start sinking so you have to save them. So how will you house and feed tens of thousands on a rock? Tell me more about the practical plans about your rock? Who pay? Shall they have healthcare, and if so how much? What do you say to the local who do not want a refugee camp on there rock.....

If it was so easy it would have already been done..... Sometimes I wish we did as Australia "bribe" a third world country to send all "refuges" (economic imigrants) there... that place is safe so we do not feel bad about it, and only take in refuges from real refuge camps.

i meant the ships "rescuing" everybody; those not under italian flag should be denied landfall in italy. their ships = their territory.

the number of those you have to feed depends on the impact of the info you send home to africa that voyages in dinghis to europe is a dead end. keep the rerouting active for some time and made it known in every port in libya and tunisia and you should see a difference.
    europe still has to pay ( healthcare included) but also puts a stopper on the dangerous industry of trafficking people at some point in time.

and you already said it: it's an "australian solution". find isolated islands in italy or greece for processing and pay someone else in africa, so you can send them back finally. nobody says it smells of roses.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-07-23 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a number of charities like MOAS attempting to save lives in the Med.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I already said it 2 times at least. They can't drop them in Libya. Because:

1) Libyan authorities will not allow them into a port, or will not allow the non-italian crew to leave the ship.
    Declare an emergency.