Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    When that certain group is the media darling as the perfect scapegoat even when the same crimes are being committed by others, then yeah I agree it speaks volumes about the current state of affairs.
    It is probably to do with Muslims committing acid attacks way out of proportion to their numbers in the UK, rather than anything else.

Like terrorism, it used to be that we thought of terrorists as being Irish, but the Muslims wanted that crown and have succeeded in being the prime suspects whenever a terrorist atrocity happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Acid attacks should get the death penalty imo
    agree agree agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grievous bodily harm in most cases has a maximum of 25 years and only if they can prove premeditation. Honestly if I were fully blinded/lost my hands I would rather be dead.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

How's she going to burn in hell if she has no soul? Checkmate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Wouldn't it be better to have proper victim-impact scaling in applying punishments to any crime, versus establishing specific punishments for ever-more-specific types of attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Not sure, I don't have any in my house... however, I still don't see how it's relevant as for example petroleum or hell even cooking oil can be even more dangerous. There's just no point in regulating it.
    So where do you draw the line for regulation? (Also petroleum is regulated)

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most people here that this sort of thing should carry a much harsher sentence. If there is a hell he is right that she'll burn in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Not sure, I don't have any in my house... however, I still don't see how it's relevant as for example petroleum or hell even cooking oil can be even more dangerous. There's just no point in regulating it.
    Ah the old logical fallacy of "if he didn't use a gun he could've used a nuclear warhead so why bother" / "no point in making murder illegal people are going to do it anyway" .

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is probably to do with Muslims committing acid attacks way out of proportion to their numbers in the UK, rather than anything else.

Like terrorism, it used to be that we thought of terrorists as being Irish, but the Muslims wanted that crown and have succeeded in being the prime suspects whenever a terrorist atrocity happens.
    It's almost as if people are the problem and not whatever non-anglo/christian sub group scares the piss out of westerners today.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-07-17 at 08:43 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Grievous bodily harm in most cases has a maximum of 25 years and only if they can prove premeditation. Honestly if I were fully blinded/lost my hands I would rather be dead.
    Fits your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to have proper victim-impact scaling in applying punishments to any crime, versus establishing specific punishments for ever-more-specific types of attack?
    They would usually just reclassify the type of crime so it fits into a harsher sentencing guideline, not necessarily create a new sentence for it. I would have assumed it was in the highest category anyway, but the British legal system can be a tad quirky at times.

Wonder what changed to have the incidents double?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's almost as if people are the problem and not whatever non-anglo/christian sub group scares the piss out of westerners today.
    It is almost as if alien cultures in the UK bringing their barbaric practices are the problem and we should think carefully about our immigration policy in respect of bringing more of those people in.

It is not even a particularly Muslim thing, mainly a Pakistani Muslim thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much this.

Corrosive materials have been commercially available since the damn industrial revolution... And readily available on store shelves for literally a century or more. It is only in the last few years acid attacks have started to ramp up in the UK, London in particular.

To the people who constantly dismiss the assertion that Muslims have to do with the rise in Acid attacks, why do you think there is a rise then? Pretty much the only other thing correlated with this rise is a rise in the immigrant/Muslim population.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-07-17 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpster Account View Post
    Fits your sig.
    Well, not much adapting to be done for a blind person. They are at the mercy of the kindness of the society they are in. Blind person on their own isn't going to make it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I'd love to see what statistics you have on this as most reported acid attacks are due to gang activity (either gang-on-gang violence or part of a robbery,) hate-crimes (with south-asian or "muslim looking" people targeted) or, as in this case, spurned lovers.

- - - Updated - - -

True, but I just don't understand why highly hazardous materials that have little to no reason being sold to average everyday citizens are so freely available. It's like selling cyanide to people and saying oh well! They could have just used something else.
    It could be to do with fairly recent deregulation designed to free businesses from red-tape whilst cutting the size of the government, but there are also a lot of domestic products (like bleach and drain-cleaner) that can easily be weaponised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Pretty much this.

Corrosive materials have been commercially available since the damn industrial revolution... And readily available on store shelves for literally a century or more. It is only in the last few years acid attacks have started to ramp up in the UK, London in particular.

To the people who constantly dismiss the assertion that Muslims have to do with the rise in Acid attacks, why do you think there is a rise then? Pretty much the only other thing correlated with this rise is a rise in the immigrant/Muslim population.
    Also deregulation of certain strong acids and a crackdown on knife crime, making acid the weapon of choice among criminal gangs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Wonder what changed to have the incidents double?
    Online attention

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm well aware. I was just mocking the usual comments that pop up whenever certain topics come up

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Sorry m8, you are too self aware. I agree with ya, but lets focus on the Ops focus.

He has a right to be angry.

She deserves to burn in hell, for sure. After severing life in prison
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Why are the limeys throwing acid in each others faces?

I have never heard of this thing going on in Sweden.

''around 400 acid attacks in the last six months'' Yikes!

People are going bonkers over there.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-07-23 at 02:32 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)