Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Really they kinda are - most of these people have low income so really they have no real choice.
    "White County jails have been offering this option to inmates since May 15, when General Sessions Judge Sam Benningfield signed an order offering those who agree up to 30 days cut off their sentence. Already, 32 women have received the implant while 38 men are waiting to get their vasectomies done."

They're offering to cut up to 30 days off their sentence... You don't have to take it, a month makes little to no difference if you're already sentenced. If you get a vasectomy to cut up to 30 days off your sentence then you're an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its amazing to me that the south still somehow, all these years after slavery has been abolished
    Whatever makes you think slavery was actually abolished in the south?

Look up "sundown town" and "convict leasing".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Whatever makes you think slavery was actually abolished in the south?

Look up "sundown town" and "convict leasing".
    I'm not saying there still isn't a heavy institutionalized oppressed race/class in this country (There certainly is), but straight up slavery. As I said, the South is particularly great and figuring out ways to try and keep the system that keeps everybody not white down.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    giving you information i know you wont accept isnt acting superior....i just know what you plan on saying before you say it

A one sentance answer, to my entire response, is the best you can do in 24 hours? And you're actually trying to take a moral highground on me after insulting me. Well I can tell when someone's beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That's fucked up.

Everyone I know who got a vasectomy ended up getting repeat infections.

This is one of the most appalling thing I've heard of in the Western world.

So let me get this straight, someone fails to pay child support/alimony ( which is already a ridiculous notion ) and they are offered less jail to get sterilised? ( Men ).

Note how women just take an implant, which can be reversed. Plus we all know women never go to jail for failing to pay child support/alimony

Like the sexism in this is so high I don't even.

Of course inmates are forced to take the sterilisation option when they're beaten up by inmates or raped daily. We all know how well american jails treat their inmates.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ual-abuse.html

So, in short they offer poor people the "choice" of being sterilized for the rest of their life, taking away their chance to ever have children. And if they dont want to lose their chance of ever having and raising a child, they get to spend longer time in jail...

IM both disgusted, surprised and dismayed.

Disgusted by just how sinister it is to offer such a horrible choice to people that are already desperate and at the bottom of society. It really shows just how much contempt the upper class has for poor people (yes, im using the term poor people, because poor people are the vast majority of ppl that end up in prison).

Im surprised that your profit driven prison system (slavery) would want this. Their goal is afterall to keep as many people in prison for as long as possible so they can use their legal loophole and force these people to work for them without wage. This seems to run contrary to their economical interest.

Im dismayed by the fact that ppl believe criminality is something inherited that you pass on to your children...

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    So, in short they offer poor people the "choice" of being sterilized for the rest of their life, taking away their chance to ever have children. And if they dont want to lose their chance of ever having and raising a child, they get to spend longer time in jail...

IM both disgusted, surprised and dismayed.

Disgusted by just how sinister it is to offer such a horrible choice to people that are already desperate and at the bottom of society. It really shows just how much contempt the upper class has for poor people (yes, im using the term poor people, because poor people are the vast majority of ppl that end up in prison).

Im surprised that your profit driven prison system (slavery) would want this. Their goal is afterall to keep as many people in prison for as long as possible so they can use their legal loophole and force these people to work for them without wage. This seems to run contrary to their economical interest.

Im dismayed by the fact that ppl believe criminality is something inherited that you pass on to your children...

I am surprised being unable to pay alimony and child support is seen as evil criminal behavior and that it is okay to sterilize people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    People shouldn't be jailed over alimony or child support.... Considering that wage garnishment is a thing by would you jail people over that? How are they suppose to pay when behind bars and then get a job?
    It's like a modern day debtors prison. Can't/don't pay child support or alimony? Go to jail, so you can continue to not be able to pay child support and alimony!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Except for the fact that environmental factors are way more important.
    Do you think repeat criminal offenders produce a healthy environment for children more so than others?

Holy crap this is un-ethical!
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    This doesn't even seem very appealing. Only 30 days off? I don't understand the reasoning behind throwing people in jail for not paying alimony anyway. They sure as hell can't pay it if they're in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

So all the people who got 3 strikes because of marijuana or non-violent crimes are now sterilized. Solid plan there.

I disagree with something like this because of the same logic I disagree with the death penalty. At least one of the reasons. It's a permanent punishment that can't be undone, or at least very easily in this case. You also risk completely fucking over someone who is actually innocent, just like with capital punishment.
    If it's against the law, and you are caught...sure why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's like a modern day debtors prison. Can't/don't pay child support or alimony? Go to jail, so you can continue to not be able to pay child support and alimony!
    Edited because the system actually is fair as far as equality goes.

I am surprised being unable to pay alimony and child support is seen as evil criminal behavior and that it is okay to sterilize people
    https://dadsdivorce.com/articles/dad...female-payers/

Men are 85% of child support payers and 97% of alimony payers.

To add to this, men need to sterilise themselves whereas women just get an implant that's temporary.

Equality, people.

Where are the feminists fighting this decision? I thought they fought for equal rights.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-07-23 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Do you think repeat criminal offenders produce a healthy environment for children more so than others?

The crimes yy can be put in for are not being able to pay child support or alimony

What group of people could possibly be more deserving of sterilization than people that have kids that they refuse to support?

As mentioned earlier, I'm against this policy, but it's not because the people involved deserve to have kids going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    You can be as dismayed as you like, but pretty much every human behavior is at least partially heritable. In the case of violent and/or criminal behavior, the current best example is the MAO-A gene. There's also a pretty clear path to mediation of criminal activity for the heritability of general intelligence and the inverse correlation between intelligence and criminality.

Pretty sure it's against human rights to stop people from breeding by force/coersion.

And when you get beat up/raped in prison, being offered sterilisation to get out faster IS coercion.

we should just implement a thunderdome

hte fuk is that? 30 days when jail timers like 1-20 years? WTF how someone can be so foolish to take 30 days in exchange for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What group of people could possibly be more deserving of sterilization than people that have kids that they refuse to support?

As mentioned earlier, I'm against this policy, but it's not because the people involved deserve to have kids going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

You can be as dismayed as you like, but pretty much every human behavior is at least partially heritable. In the case of violent and/or criminal behavior, the current best example is the MAO-A gene. There's also a pretty clear path to mediation of criminal activity for the heritability of general intelligence and the inverse correlation between intelligence and criminality.

Some people can't pay and still end up in jail. I remember there was one case of a guy who wasn't able to make payments because they were foolishly made higher than his actual wage.
    Also as I said we have a punishment for nonpayment. It is called wage garnishment

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Pretty sure it's against human rights to stop people from breeding by force/coersion.

And when you get beat up/raped in prison, being offered sterilisation to get out faster IS coercion.
    Why do people like you fall back on human rights as your arguments? Human rights arguments are a joke.