Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kalimdor itself was pretty much the Wild West for the races of the Eastern Kingdoms and Draenor (well the orcs and ogres).

I'm sure they could put a Warcraft spin on those themes and make them a lot of fun! I love Western settings.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It shows. You have no idea what it actually was about, or what was even in it.
    As is the case with most of the "Hurr durr Pandas are too childish for a videö gaem!"-crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    Saloons, 10 gallon hats, bank and/or train robberies, I would say gambling but that brings up issues with the Teen rating and possible legal issues in the US...
    That's just another word for tavern. Hats are just flavor and any wide brimmed would have become a thing. Robberies would focus on whatever.

the heart of wild west was the open untamed land to be settled... and honestly... the horde storyline in Pandaria was pretty close to that till the players and Garrosh went different paths.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Wildstar did the wild west thing and it was awesome. I'd love to see them explore that style.
    There's a name I haven't heard in 3+ years!

15+ Year Old Account
    Westfall, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    That's just another word for tavern.
    Yes and no. You say tavern and people think of a bar maid walking around, serving drumsticks and ale in large mugs. Maybe a hearth in the corner. A bard on a lyre. If it's a fantasy minded person, a place for adventurers to gather and find work together. You say saloon and people think of cowboys, spittoons, a piano playing, beer in glass mugs, whiskey in shot glasses. While the differences are basically aesthetics, they fit two different places, settings, and feel very different.

the heart of wild west was the open untamed land to be settled... and honestly... the horde storyline in Pandaria was pretty close to that till the players and Garrosh went different paths.
    RL yes, when I think of a wild west story and setting though, I usually think more of the Magnificent Seven, Silverodo, Maverick. Not saying you're wrong, just the term invokes a different image in my head than yours and I don't think we've had my image in wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Young male tauren are very cow-boy themed. They are both boys, and cows.
    And, at the same time, they're Injuns too. Thus, Mulgore is a complete Wild West.

I like this idea a lot.

We'd be like settlers on a new continent: build infrastructure, hunt treasures, hunt exotic fauna, and encounter mysterious new friends and enemies. Not like Pandaria, which was pre-settled, but with vast unhabited lands.

Moving around would be in personalized caravan with a group of settlers - Eastern Plaguelands style. You'd choose your "followers" for your team and they'd help you and establish outposts.

It wouldn't have to be all desert, there'd be a gigantic river, unpassable chasms with danger lurking in the bottom, thick jungles.

The theme's could vary between steampunky Westworld Wild West, old South American civilizations, and Australian Aboriginals.

I'd play the shit out of that expansion!

its high noon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Step right up!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren culture resembles that of Native Americans.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The only problem is that wild west stuff tends to be very... derivative...

I haven't really ever seen an "impressively creative" wild west situation. Not saying it can't be done, but I really haven't seen it.

And no, "but with STEAMPUNK!" does not make a wild west scenario creative.
    Have you ever watched the series Westworld?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    Or the movie/tv show Wild Wild West

Or Red Dead Redemption

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    West world is a novel take on the "wild west" because... well, it isn't the wild west. The show/movie/book isn't really about the "old west" insofar as it is Artificial intelligence.

I should probably clarify that I meant "recently" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Or the movie/tv show Wild Wild West
    First off, the film version of Wild Wild West isn't a good example of... anything.

As for the TV show, that was the ground floor of steampunk, before it became a repetitive and derivative slog.

Or Red Dead Redemption
    They're playing the "wild west" straight. They aren't "creatively interpreting" it, like WoW would have to do.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not really cowboy-ish, but more on the side of that more lawless aesthetic, Booty Bay, Ratchet, and Gadgetzan come to mind. It doesn't really look like it's got laws, just whatever the rich guy in charge says. And Booty Bay has pirates too, so there's that for lawlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    Yes and no. .
    They're both public meeting spaces typically used as bars.... sorry but you're focused on the word and theme while they are as similar as poe-tay-toe and poe-tah-toe

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    They're both public meeting spaces typically used as bars.... sorry but you're focused on the word and theme while they are as similar as poe-tay-toe and poe-tah-toe
    But this entire thread is about a setting and theme, that's what the focus should be on. If you want to broad stroke it then there's very little that could be added from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The only problem is that wild west stuff tends to be very... derivative...

I haven't really ever seen an "impressively creative" wild west situation. Not saying it can't be done, but I really haven't seen it.

And no, "but with STEAMPUNK!" does not make a wild west scenario creative.
    what about firefly? that's a creative twist on the wild west :P

on the whole i agree with you tho
    wild west is basically about exploring new lands, conquering new boundaries and taming the wild

soo, wasnt outland basically that?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-07-25 at 07:23 AM.

Miatog is definitely picking up what I'm throwing down.
    Then there's some who seem to just be trying too hard to look like a super smarty pant intellects with intricacies? ("wasn't Outland basically that?" LOL)
    So here's a moodboard for the people who are too intelligent for this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...63a847bbc5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    it has been done already
    Beat me to it.