Deleted

Hide 1 shoulder side (transmog)

Why did blizzard not yet give us the option to hide 1 side of our shoulders?
    We see alot of NPCs and MOBs where they did that with items so i guess it would not be that hard for them to add.

That'd be quite difficult to do technically. Pauldrons/shoulders aren't two independent models, so you can't just switch one off.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-23 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    That'd be quite difficult to do technically. Shoulders aren't two independent models for each shoulder, so you can't just switch one off.
    If I had the ability to take the model designers' time away from something else and put it into copy+pasting an additional shoulder slot for every player model, I would do it. I would sacrifice hozen models for that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    If I had the ability to take the model designers' time away from something else and put it into copy+pasting an additional shoulder slot for every player model, I would do it. I would sacrifice hozen models for that in a heartbeat.
    Well, the easiest/dumbest solution would be to keep 3 models for each shoulder piece. Left, right and both. This way they won't need to change much code-wise. Sadly there's hundreds of unique models of shoulders in this game, that means that this endeavour would require a lot of man-hours (waaaay more than hozen models required) and money that could be spent elsewhere.

Time is the bigger issue here. It's limited, if you spend more here, you'll have to spend less there.

I stand corrected T_T
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-23 at 04:40 PM.

Well, the easiest/dumbest solution would be to keep 3 models for each shoulder piece. Left, right and both.
    The easiest/superior solution would be editing each race+gender model, replacing the current shoulder slot with two, leaving them with left and right slots, which would be named in such a way that the item model itself wouldn't be able to tell the difference and just paste itself on both, but put the ability in transmog to hide one or the other. Then other creatures that use shoulders wouldn't have to change at all to accommodate the new slots.

I mean, to be fair, that's still a good amount of hours of work, but not nearly the same as redoing every shoulder item in the game.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2017-07-23 at 04:01 PM.

While I can agree that it would be a nice implementation, what I really want is that they move the design from those huge shoulder models...

This set would be amazing (even more) if they didn't add the giant plate-looking pieces over the leather.

They would have to redo the art on so many shoulder pieces. They don't have a clear line down the center they could just cut at. This would also include adding edges to parts that never had any. Seems like a lot of hours of work for very little reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    While I can agree that it would be a nice implementation, what I really want is that they move the design from those huge shoulder models...

This set would be amazing (even more) if they didn't add the giant plate-looking pieces over the leather.

I would also like a few low profile or smaller shoulder options besides just going without. Unfortunately as you get higher difficulty level of gear their go to is adding more moving bits and spell effects. I don't need or want a fireworks display on my shoulders just so I can match the rest of my tier gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Those transmog requests are getting more and more stupid...

That'd be quite difficult to do technically. Pauldrons/shoulders aren't two independent models, so you can't just switch one off.

They are actually, and have different attachement point on the player model.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    They are actually, and have different attachement point on the player model.
    Oh, yeah, just opened few shoulder models myself... I stand corrected T_T Shoulders can be controlled individually.

@Amnaught, I'm ready for rotten tomatoes
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-23 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Heck I would settle for the option to swap which sides a-symmetrical shoulderpads are on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Those transmog requests are getting more and more stupid...
    Why in what way.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you want Herod's Shoulder for every model? What kind of monster are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    So you want Herod's Shoulder for every model? What kind of monster are you?
    Or at least the option for herod's shoulder.

The game already supports having only one should visible, as you can see in NPCs.

I guess the big trouble is the interface: you can only apply one transmog on each item slot, and the option to hide one shoulder would need to be implemented so we would also allow changing the appearance of the visible shoulder. Thus, they'd need to find a way to combine both transmogs.

Or they could add 2 more transmogs for each shoulder item, but I think that leaves the interface very clunky (imagine all the trouble to browse the items!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Why did blizzard not yet give us the option to hide 1 side of our shoulders?
    We see alot of NPCs and MOBs where they did that with items so i guess it would not be that hard for them to add.

Wouldn't mind but I think the reason we don't have it, is because there are some one-side shoulders on their own.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..