Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you want pvp to be after legion ?

Vanilla model ? no more rated pvp ? which rewards ? do you like current seasons ? solo queue arenas but just for fun ? removal of rbgs ? do you want rankings ? a new pvp system ? just curious about what people think

personally I feel that battlegrounds should be at the core of the game, and that rated pvp should be reserved for the best players, where those players could compete for prizes (bnet balance and real cash) each seasons, but this part of the game should be fairly detached from the game itself. honestly I don't think rated pvp has any point now, it's entirely made of top players who play at the top of the ladder, which are selling boosts for those who are not top players, the rest are just casual players who play casually to get some weekly points rewards but if it was a dungeon it would be the same for them in my opinion.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-07-23 at 08:16 AM.

just by reading OP I can tell how giganticly biased his thoughts are, but I'll bite:
    1) better rewards
    2) rated 2v2
    3) customization
    4) rated 2v2
    5) solo rbgs
    6) people learning how to properly write, understanding that there is no space between the last word and the question mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    The formula for perfect PvP has existed in pieces throughout past expansions, just put them together and you'll have a masterpiece.

MoP class design. For fun, skill, and depth

WoD gear (scaled up to mythic ilvl in PvP situations) to keep things a little more fair in the world and in duels.

Team-based arena system. Encouraged players to find partners and stick with them, gave PvPers a way to make gold by selling conquest caps in 2v2 without sacrificing their rating or going against high mmr opponents.

Casual arena skirmish for practice and testing

rated 6v6 BGs as an alternative to 3v3 as an esport.

Currency based gearing. Honor through casual PvP, conquest through rated PvP.

Complete seperation of PvP from PvE. Spells having different cooldowns, doing different damage, having slightly different effects, etc in PvP situations for the sake of balance.

New: rated 1v1 bracket. Show off your skill as an individual.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-07-23 at 09:57 PM.

Solo queue rated arena / RBGs.

PVP brawls more frequent

Templates that can be slightly modified (put points earned through honor into stamina, haste, resilience, etc)

Duel mode

and MOST OF ALL - BRING BACK WINTERGRASP AND TOL BARAD AS TIMEWALKING/WEEKLY BRAWLS PLEASE!!

Turn the artifact into a talent tree, remove AP and give us points to use instead. Give a fixed amount of points to put into it, but not enough to have every talent and rank ( a la old talent trees).

Bring back regular weapons and make gear mean more again. The templates have been a failure.

Undo pruning. Reset abilities back to a MoP level.

Give back customization. Even if most people will just use the go to cookie cutter build, at least we have the illusion of customization. I miss gemming, enchanting, reforging, leg and shoulder armour kits, profession bonuses etc.

Allow a third bg for blacklisting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Solo q rbgs for sure, and definitely have that rank separate from group q's likes they do for league.

Maybe solo q arena but not too sure about that one it have to be implemented properly.

More rewards for sure, not sure what kind but more are needed.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The formula for perfect PvP has existed in pieces throughout past expansions, just put them together and you'll have a masterpiece.

WoD gear (scaled up to mythic ilvl in PvP situations) to keep things a little more fair in the world and in duels.

Team-based arena system. Encouraged players to find partners and stick with them, gave PvPers a way to make gold by selling conquest caps in 2v2 without sacrificing their rating or going against high mmr opponents.

Casual arena skirmish for practice and testing

rated 6v6 BGs as an alternative to 3v3 as an esport.

Complete seperation of PvP from PvE. Spells having different cooldowns, doing different damage, having slightly different effects, etc for in PvP situations for the sake of balance.

New: rated 1v1 bracket. Show off your skill as an individual.
    Pretty much this. Sadly this won't happen.

not be gated by talents

the idea of solo rbgs sounds awesome too

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

1v1 Skirmish & Wargames, re-merge 2v2/3v3 Skirmish into same "bracket".

Complete separation of PvP from PvE. Spells having different cooldowns, doing different damage, having slightly different effects, etc for in PvP situations for the sake of balance.

Solo Queue 3v3 bracket (separate bracket / achievements / allow for duo queue with some penalties).
    I removed the ones I don't agree with and added some that I do like.

WoD gearing could be replaced with MoP S14-15 gearing style as well, that was fine too imo.

If teams are to be brought back I personally think you should be allowed to have 2x teams/character&bracket, and they should obviously be cross-realm.

Also, if 6v6 RBGs are to be a thing, they should imo completely replace regular RBGs. We can't afford to split the PvP playerbase into solo queue 3v3/rbg/6v6 and standard 2v2/3v3/rbg/6v6.

wpvp. wow pvp was always about zerging, so give us back the zerg.

few things

no templates...these are so annoying
    ability to "toggle" your character into "pvp mode" enabling talents for in world that u get in bg's / arenas
    solo queue rbgs
    rewards rewards rewards
    armor sets u can buy again
    stuff to spend ur honor points on
    less rng

7+ Year Old Account
    All I really want is for templates to not exist in unranked BGs. I miss BG stomping so fucking much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the PvP Prestige system, everything else can go.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skillful abilities added back.

I'm tired of the MOBA direction all MMOs are moving towards, with the 5-6 skills per class. It's so boring, and it leads to things like class stacking (we've had multiple instances of R1 viable comps like 2x SPriest, 2x DH, 2x DK this expansion), and the homogenization leads to classes being completely worthless because they're just straight up WORSE copies of other classes. Hunter has been "worse mage" since Cataclysm-Legion has removed more and more of Hunter's unique abilities each expansion. Demon Hunter and Monk are almost the exact same class, and people will just take the one that does more damage in the current patch instead of actual caring about the player behind the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I want someone to actually work on it. Not do whatever holinka did.

Separate PvP talents gone. It bothers me to no end that I have dead abilities on my bars that only activate when I get attacked.

Decent...that's about it

I have been playing since Cata and this is the most annoying expansion to PvP.
    Even WoD which wasn't great managed to not be as bad.

Removal of honor talents and putting them back in baseline talent trees or abilities where they belong. We'll actually have better leveling progression too then.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15