Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Diablo universe isn't as expansive so not sure how they would do it.
    It would seriously be quite easy to make an mmo. A Diablo mmo could start on the human world exploring all of the native lands where the class come from, which are all filled with unique in depth lore already, then an expansion based on hell, and then an expansion based on the heavens. Just quick ideas off the top of my head.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    as i never played diablo and never had interest in it.

no.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I doubt that. Even more so, I doubt people would like a D3 MMO if they can't even hold their rage on the Legendary system in WoW.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What is this thread even about? We already all quit wow at the end of WoD when Legion launched. Shitty legendary system, world quests (bounties), artifact knowledge(paragon levels) and having to do all of the grind all over again when you want to try out a different class.

We're playing diablo 3 with a WoW skin grafted onto it.

tradtional MMOs are a dying breed, its too much of the same with a different skin on it no matter what game is being played, next gen MMOs need to move away from the WoW type as it just plain dull and boring, someone needs to shake things up and design a complete different type of MMO experience, something like what Star citizen will be like but that more of a niche playerbase due to the sci/fi element.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Because blizzard simply wouldn't continue both as they would be competing in the same genre canabalizing the fan base of each other as majority of gamers are young and have limited income, it's a small percentage that would play both yet alone afford both.
    Then you can't even HAVE the option you're asking, making the thread moot. It'd be forced quitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    tradtional MMOs are a dying breed, its too much of the same with a different skin on it no matter what game is being played, next gen MMOs need to move away from the WoW type as it just plain dull and boring, someone needs to shake things up and design a complete different type of MMO experience, something like what Star citizen will be like but that more of a niche playerbase due to the sci/fi element.
    There will hopefully always be a wow style mmo and that will be the mmo I play. All the attempts at reinventing were horrible, just give me what works. Tab targetting, gear treadmills, raiding, this is why I play (well, not necessarily tab targeting, but no small skillset like GW2) and if they don't have anymore anywhere? I'll just find a private server, just like how I still play the old RTS games, cause any new attempts suck.

No. /10chars.

Depends how good it was I suppose. I don't see them bothering with one though.

7+ Year Old Account
    With all of the recent evidence pointing to the Diablo team creating an mmo and with WoW wrapping up a majority of its main story lines, would you jump ship to the hypothetical Diablo MMO? Personally I'd give it a shot, I've never been a huge fan of Diablo because it's an arpg but the lore and setting of the game would make for an amazingly dark world. Assuming it's running on a much better graphics engine than both WoW and D3 and takes influence from WoW while improving on its major issues, it could be a huge success.
    I thought that's what we're playing? WoW? Sure looks Diablo esk to me, more and more, along with the story of starcraft, loot crate system of overwatch and the randomness of Hearthstone, and the legendary system of Diablo 3 among other things.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I did not need Diablo MMO to quit WoW.

not without mmo game mechanics being completely reimagined. it can't be an rpg numbers game again.

I thought about this but to be honest I don't know what the difference of WoW and Diablo MMO would / could be. WoW Legion has many Diablo mechanics.

Deleted
    Diablo MMO? Isnt WOW a Diablo MMO?!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because it's still high fantasy. Now Starcraft MMO on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There will hopefully always be a wow style mmo and that will be the mmo I play. All the attempts at reinventing were horrible, just give me what works. Tab targetting, gear treadmills, raiding, this is why I play (well, not necessarily tab targeting, but no small skillset like GW2) and if they don't have anymore anywhere? I'll just find a private server, just like how I still play the old RTS games, cause any new attempts suck.
    The actual skillset in GW2 has around the same if not more skill options than wow, most classes in WoW come down to 5-8 skills at most where 1-2 of the skills make up half of what you spend your time doing. I played wow for 10 years from the top tier raiding and some moderate PvP, the game is essentially the same as it was in vannilla bar QoL features put along the way.

WoWs best days were in WotlK, legion by far has been the worst expansion due to the endless grindfest for AP, the main reason people still stick with wow is they have put in so many days into the game they just cant give it up, wow is still a half decent game yes but games need to evolve.

A diablo universe MMO could world but it would have to not be like WoW at all, maybe limit large fights to 5-10 ppl with ways to increase difficulty like origonal diablo difficulty levels.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The actual skillset in GW2 has around the same if not more skill options than wow, most classes in WoW come down to 5-8 skills at most where 1-2 of the skills make up half of what you spend your time doing. I played wow for 10 years from the top tier raiding and some moderate PvP, the game is essentially the same as it was in vannilla bar QoL features put along the way.

WoWs best days were in WotlK, legion by far has been the worst expansion due to the endless grindfest for AP, the main reason people still stick with wow is they have put in so many days into the game they just cant give it up, wow is still a half decent game yes but games need to evolve.

A diablo universe MMO could world but it would have to not be like WoW at all, maybe limit large fights to 5-10 ppl with ways to increase difficulty like origonal diablo difficulty levels.
    No gear treadmill and no trinity turned me off from GW2 more then anything so you may be right on the skills.

But legion has been the BEST expansion for me since at least TBC, but I love grinds, love having something to do every day, and after the drought of WoD and the end of mop its a godsend. (no one grinds AP anymore anyway).

Honestly, if Diablo were to come out with an MMO and it wasn't gear/stat/grind based like current diablo, I probably wouldn't touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Without a doubt. I just need something that is WoW but another theme and engine. Diablo is the perfect universe imo.
    Rift was like this, for me. At least, back when it first released, and wasn't littered with shitty pay2win money grabs.

It was pretty much everything WoW was, a blatant clone of the game, but with enough differences to feel fresh and new. Like how there were only 4 classes, but each with 9 or 10 different talent trees to mix-and-match (3 at a time, like the old WoW talents) and most of the professions were the same, same kind of questing and quest progression, same dungeons, etc...but with new things like the "support" role, specs that did okay healing and okay damage, but provided tons of buffs and debuffs to aid the group, and the Rifts which spawned randomly around zones and were like mini-world quests where you defeated waves of enemies in exchange for items, gear and currency.

I really liked Rift a whole lot. Vanilla rift and the first expansion were nice, but after that it went f2p and the whole game just went to shit. I'd kill to play vanilla Rift again.

No. Never. Diablo3 was probably one of the worst games ive ever played. I still am so confused considering Diablo 2 was one of the best games ever and diablo3 was so fucking terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    No. Never. Diablo3 was probably one of the worst games ive ever played. I still am so confused considering Diablo 2 was one of the best games ever and diablo3 was so fucking terrible.
    D3 was terrible for a long time yes but its in a decent state now, and D2 has a lot of nostalgia to it, tried playing it the other day and really can't get into it anymore.

It would seriously be quite easy to make an mmo. A Diablo mmo could start on the human world exploring all of the native lands where the class come from, which are all filled with unique in depth lore already, then an expansion based on hell, and then an expansion based on the heavens. Just quick ideas off the top of my head.
    That's basically all the characters done after those two expansions.