Poll: Are you going to quit if they decide to keep titanforge?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I personally like titanforging, just getting the random upgrades is really cool and it leads to interesting choices for me. Granted, I'm not a mythic raider so I have a different dealing with the system.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Won't quit because of it, if i get the regular gear im happy, if it WF/TF i just feel like i got something extra to be happy about, the game isn't balanced around TF/WF...

TF was a huge success.

If you are the kind of min-max player who feels salty about having to do lesser content because of the off chance of a high ilvl TF, then maybe the game would be better off if it fully gave up trying to retain your sub.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I personally like titanforging, just getting the random upgrades is really cool and it leads to interesting choices for me. Granted, I'm not a mythic raider so I have a different dealing with the system.
    Mythic raiders are just mad that a pleb may get something the same ilvl as them once in the expansion (seriously, i've seen maybe 2-4 drops in heroic that were at mythic level, and lfr to mythic? that's the damn holy grail)

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that drawing the line on quitting or staying over something like Titanforging is over-reacting. Really, if that's all it takes, you're mostly gone anyway. So go, be well and stay safe. Forget the game and its fan forums.

Some of this seems to be about players who are angry that someone else isn't worthy of their gear. I would say to you that mass market games tuned to be fun for millions aren't your cup of tea and that what other people are doing in game and what they're wearing today isn't important and actually none of your business.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

it cant go away at this point.
    so cry to someone who cares.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    if they keep the legendary system, I probably will. Could not care less about titanforge

I would much prefer if they changed it to a more appropriate cap, i.e. LFR-Heroic raid titanforging should probably cap at Mythic base item level, and Mythic gear can still retain it's +15 potential. But seeing normal gear the first week of raid launch titanforge to higher than Mythic base item level is incredibly disheartening for anyone who doesn't get the piece themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i'm not a child who thinks they need to farm something they don't like for a 1% chance at a drop and i don't play with people who do so no.
    It's more about how Titanforging greatly exacerbates power creep, and the problem with huge numbers that WoW has been suffering through.

As it is right now, you can titanforge mythic ToS gear to like, ilvl 960. And we're not even in the final raid tier. We're likely going to be seeing ilvl 1000+ gear before the end of the expansion, meaning that gear levels are going to jump up to like 1200 by next expansion, and we're going to be seeing tanks with 300mil+ health and bosses with 100 billion health.

More of a cosmetic flaw than anything, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Really ridiculous to throw a tantrum over something this minor.
    If there was ever a book about this game's community, that would be the title.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It's never bothered me, so it's weird to think of quitting over it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We went from removing 10m and 25m lockouts because players felt like they had to farm them for gear.

Now we have titanforge system where players feel like they have to run a mythic +15 a week, normal ToS, heroic ToS and their normal mythic ToS.

The worst part about it is them hoping for a RNG titanforge trinket or whatever becuase one hasn't dropped on their tier and a heroic trinket can go up to 955.

I overall hate the new system of hoping things upgrade and have a socket. I miss the old ways of figuring what was bis because loot was all the same.

No. I also doubt anyone saying they will quit if Titanforge is not removed will quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Titanforging has no bearing on whether I play or not. It's not even close to being in the top ten things I would choose to complain about.
    These are my feelings as well--why is everyone suddenly going wild over it? Is this a thing, or is it just this one post?

Its kind of cool to get a surprise-boost on gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    I'm not really up to date. Titanforged items are now BAD? I always thought the opposite. It lets casual players have a taste of proper gear without spending 50 hours a week wiping on mythic raids, without blowing things out of proportion. I sure as hell hope they keep titanforged items.
    Last edited by mmoc38f3e4c48b; 2017-07-23 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decyde View Post
    We went from removing 10m and 25m lockouts because players felt like they had to farm them for gear.

Now we have titanforge system where players feel like they have to run a mythic +15 a week, normal ToS, heroic ToS and their normal mythic ToS.
    You don't speak for all players, nor do you understand what players as a whole feel like they 'have' to do.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lesharc23 View Post
    I hate the titanforge system more than anything and if they decide to keep it I don't know if I can see myself playing next xpac.
    I won't quit but I won't say I wouldn't be disappointed.

The eternal treadmill of getting unattainable goals in your gear makes you just forget about those goals tbh and just play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lesharc23 View Post
    I hate the titanforge system more than anything and if they decide to keep it I don't know if I can see myself playing next xpac.
    Of course I am not going to quit just because of stupid titanforge, seems too weak an excuse for quitting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You don't speak for all players, nor do you understand what players as a whole feel like they 'have' to do.
    He has a point. Blizzard removed those lockouts because players "felt" they "had" to run them. So blizzard removed it to save players from themselves. This is ofcourse only a portion of the community, it was never the whole community. Those who don't feel that way are not a problem. Which is why they removed it since it only affected those who felt that way.

No, since I have absolutely no problem with Titanforging.