Page 50 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I dunno. Who should I trust? The game company who, as far as I can recall, has not lied to us, players, yet... or the conspiracy theory from a poster who admitted having agendas in the past and uses dishonesty and double-standards in his arguments?
    You can believe whatever you want, but Blizzard did purposely hose the Warlock class in favor of Demon Hunters. They destroyed Demonology so that they could make some money off of the Demon Hunter class! There was nothing wrong with Demo spec for multiple expansions, and their argument about a return to "summoning" was complete BS! The demo spec summoned demons just fine even with metamorphosis and Dark Apotheosis in the spec throughout MoP. Blizzard themselves altered the spec in WoD to summon less demons, and then NERFED the spec into the ground in 6.2 to get people to stop playing it.

That's not a conspiracy theory, those are the facts! You can read about it yourself since it only happened a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Bard archetype has no history in Warcraft. There's no major lore figure. There's no Bard unit in any WC game.
    The Monk had no "major lore figure" nor any unit in WC game until the class was created, which is when the WC3 Pandaren Brewmaster unit was 'upgraded' to be a monk in WoW and, by proxy, Chen Stormstout was also upgraded into a monk as well. Hell, before MoP, you couldn't even consider Chen Stormstout a "major lore figure" considering the vast majority of players didn't know about him, and those who did, knew he was an optional companion in an optional official campaign. So that argument of yours holds no water.

Even if you have an issue with Dragon Roar, I also mentioned Intimidating Shout.

Shouts are a part of the Bard archetype. Forresten has a shout ability for example.
    You are being dishonest, again, no surprise there. The reason the NPC has a 'shout' is because Blizzard did what they always did when creating non-raid boss NPCs. They wouldn't create new abilities if there were other abilities already in the game that had the same effect. Case in point: pre-Legion Demon Hunters and the Evasion spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    You can believe whatever you want, but Blizzard did purposely hose the Warlock class in favor of Demon Hunters. They destroyed Demonology so that they could make some money off of the Demon Hunter class!
    It's "arguments" like those, full of "feelings" and completely devoid of real evidence, that makes it hard to believe you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you really beleive that?
    lets look at all the wow expansion names
    burning crusade
    wrath of the lich king
    cataclysm
    mists of pandaria
    warlords of draenor
    legion
    Rise of the naga empire?
    what the fuck, notice how one just seems weird compared to the others?
    Mists of Pandaria is the only one that seems weird... every other name clearly indicates something dangerous.

And we know what Naga are... so it sounds dangerous too since Naga's never had a proper empire.

It's "arguments" like those, full of "feelings" and completely devoid of real evidence, that makes it hard to believe you guys.
    You can read the evidence yourself! Just go back to the interviews and the posts at the time. Blizzard's first excuse was that Demo was OP and other specs were underplayed, Warlock players at the time were baffled by that because it wasn't true. When they announced Demon Hunters and they clearly had metamorphosis, their argument changed to the summoning BS that people use now to justify Demon Hunters getting Metamorphosis. What's worse is that Blizzard kept us hanging for months, never revealing whether or not they were going to completely remove meta from our class.

It is disheartening to read that people are perfectly fine with stealing from Warlocks again with this Necromancer crap. I'm sure people like you will swallow whatever bile Blizzard pushes through next time to justify taking stuff from the Warlock class.

It is disheartening to read that people are perfectly fine with stealing from Warlocks again with this Necromancer crap.
    It's funny because the only ones advocating that we "steal from Warlocks again"... is the people against the Necromancer idea. I haven't seen a single pro-Necromancer poster saying we should just "remove this ability from Warlocks and give it to the Necromancer".

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Mists of Pandaria is the only one that seems weird... every other name clearly indicates something dangerous.

And we know what Naga are... so it sounds dangerous too since Naga's never had a proper empire.
    Wrath of the Lich King, Warlords of Draenor, Rise of the Naga Empire all fit what ever narrative you think. Mists of Pandaria falls out of the scheme the most But the above three all play on super-cliche-nerdiness. However you might feel about those expacs doesn't inform the quality of the name of the expacs.

It's funny because the only ones advocating that we "steal from Warlocks again"... is the people against the Necromancer idea. I haven't seen a single pro-Necromancer poster saying we should just "remove this ability from Warlocks and give it to the Necromancer".
    Because they're blind and arrogant, and don't care how a Necromancer class inclusion would effect other players. Demon Hunter advocates were the exact same way, which is why I opposed them as well.

You can read the evidence yourself! Just go back to the interviews and the posts at the time. Blizzard's first excuse was that Demo was OP and other specs were underplayed, Warlock players at the time were baffled by that because it wasn't true. When they announced Demon Hunters and they clearly had metamorphosis, their argument changed to the summoning BS that people use now to justify Demon Hunters getting Metamorphosis. What's worse is that Blizzard kept us hanging for months, never revealing whether or not they were going to completely remove meta from our class.

It is disheartening to read that people are perfectly fine with stealing from Warlocks again with this Necromancer crap. I'm sure people like you will swallow whatever bile Blizzard pushes through next time to justify taking stuff from the Warlock class.
    So the evidence points that it was op, them they changed to go true to what Demo should truly be in their eyes.And the rest is assuming that the DH were the reason.

Stealing from Warlocks?Necromancers may use Dark magic but they wouldn't steal from Warlocks.If they were to steal something it would be from UH Dks.

Great thing, as a Frost Dk i lost Death pact, Army of the Dead, Death and Decay and Raise Dead.

If we go by Wc3 logic i can barely call myself a Dk or a Lich since i don't have spells from any of those, ima glorified Mellee Frost mage.

Because they're blind and arrogant,
    Ah, yes. They are the "blind and arrogant" ones. Projection is at an all-time high, here, apparently.

Demon Hunter advocates were the exact same way, which is why I opposed them as well.
    Again, I don't recall any DH advocating for the removal of the Warlock's meta. In fact, I recall some saying that the two could co-exist perfectly fine, as long as they're made distinct enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    So the evidence points that it was op, them they changed to go true to what Demo should truly be in their eyes.And the rest is assuming that the DH were the reason.

Stealing from Warlocks?Necromancers may use Dark magic but they wouldn't steal from Warlocks.If they were to steal something it would be from UH Dks.
    Life Drain, Drain Soul, Warlock curses, Curses, Sacrifice abilities, Soulstone, Haunt, Soul Link, Soul Shards, etc.

It's all on the chopping block.

Life Drain, Drain Soul, Warlock curses, Curses, Sacrifice abilities, Soulstone, Haunt, Soul Link, Soul Shards, etc.

It's all on the chopping block.
    Or you know, they can come up with specific spells for the Necromancer.Yeah i know this is crazy but can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker or bust
    Seriously Tinker (while will take lot of engineer 'fun', won't steal any other class spells *cough metamorphosis cough*) will add many new unique ideas to wow that is missing
    His biggest problem I can't think as ranged, and the game is overloaded with melee, now that - after over 12 years - blizzard 'noticed' finally that hunter survival should been melee
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Again, I don't recall any DH advocating for the removal of the Warlock's meta. In fact, I recall some saying that the two could co-exist perfectly fine, as long as they're made distinct enough..
    I recall plenty giving the middle finger to Warlocks as long as they get to be Emo-Hunters.

But like I said, believe what you want to believe. People here seem to only care about themselves and not what other people enjoy playing.

Hopefully there's no more new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do Warlocks leave DoTs. And Mages. And Rogues. And Druids. And Monks. And Warriors. And Priests. Basically every single class leave DoTs and/or debuffs. What's your point?
    Spreading DoTs and raising undead doesn't separate them enough from DKs.

The reason I refer to the D2 Necromancer instead of the D3 Necromancer is self-evident to anyone with an IQ higher than...[/quote]

Yeah, but the D3 Necromancer is pretty close to a DK on multiple levels. If Blizzard was pulling from Diablo to build a Necro class, they would more than likely choose their more recent incarnation.

I dunno. Who should I trust? The game company who, as far as I can recall, has not lied to us, players, yet... or the conspiracy theory from a poster who admitted having agendas in the past and uses dishonesty and double-standards in his arguments?
    I think thr fact that Metamorphosis was completely removed from the Warlock class despite it bring mechanically different than the DH iteration shoukd speak for itself.

And it's still dishonesty on your part because you knew full well that they were talking about actual musical instruments, not things that "could be considered" musical instruments.
    Except Vocal Chords are considered musical instruments, and Bards have abilities that dont use physical musical instruments.

What's the problem?

Oh goodness, the FAIL in that comparison is astronomical... You realize that, unlike your example, the flute that Hearthsinger Forresten drops is not random loot? Only Hearthsinger Forresten drops that item. Whereas every single item that your example drops, can drop from any other mob of the same level range.
    So does he use the flute when he shouts like a warrior, or when he sings a lullaby?

Really hope we get another 2h melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Or you know, they can come up with specific spells for the Necromancer.Yeah i know this is crazy but can happen.
    It didn't happen with Warlocks or Demon Hunters. Excuse me if I doubt it would happen with this Necromancer garbage.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next hero class revealed to be Wood Carver
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by kiradyn View Post
    i recall plenty giving the middle finger to warlocks as long as they get to be emo-hunters.

But like i said, believe what you want to believe. People here seem to only care about themselves and not what other people enjoy playing.

Hopefully there's no more new classes.
    ironyyyyyy!

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't happen with Warlocks or Demon Hunters. Excuse me if I doubt it would happen with this Necromancer garbage.
    It happened with Dks, with Monks, even in the Dh you claim so much to have stolen your precious Meta, they have 1 spells that used to be from Warlocks that used to be from Dh, the rest they are original so my point still stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Monk had no "major lore figure" nor any unit in WC game until the class was created, which is when the WC3 Pandaren Brewmaster unit was 'upgraded' to be a monk in WoW and, by proxy, Chen Stormstout was also upgraded into a monk as well. Hell, before MoP, you couldn't even consider Chen Stormstout a "major lore figure" considering the vast majority of players didn't know about him, and those who did, knew he was an optional companion in an optional official campaign. So that argument of yours holds no water.
    Then byvall means, find the WC3 hero that can be an anchor fir the Bard.

You are being dishonest, again, no surprise there. The reason the NPC has a 'shout' is because Blizzard did what they always did when creating non-raid boss NPCs. They wouldn't create new abilities if there were other abilities already in the game that had the same effect. Case in point: pre-Legion Demon Hunters and the Evasion spell.
    Yeah, they use those spells because tbey fit the theme of the NPC. Which is why Tinkerer Gizlock has abilities taken from Engineering items.

Also, Demon Hunters had Evasion in WC3. Not the best examole to use....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post

i meant more of how they are worded, how they say something, not a statement
    rise of the naga empire does not roll off the tongue
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content