Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I just see the real videos/streams ... I don't watch tv or even visit news sites at all.
    Yeah. You pretend propaganda video streams made by right wingkins on youtube are true and deny real news from real media outlets.

And just to trigger people on forums. How ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    'Raw videos' typically lack context, so...no. They aren't the word of god faxed direct from heaven.

Ultimately it's irrelevant since your kind doesn't believe there is an issue and any statements to the contrary are just 'thugs' complaining.
    You need context to riot/kill people? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Perhaps you can Google kkk and back to us from your bunker.
    So you got nothing on why I'm wrong. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Yeah. You pretend propaganda video streams made by right wingkins on youtube are true and deny real news from real media outlets.

And just to trigger people on forums. How ridiculous.

Raw unedited streams/videos with no commentary are propaganda now?

Deleted
    Raw unedited streams/videos with no commentary are propaganda now?
    You dont need words to create propaganda.

And you are an easy victim to propaganda.

You know whats the best counter measure to propaganda?

Education.

15+ Year Old Account
    You dont need words to create propaganda.

And you are an easy victim to propaganda.

You know whats the best counter measure to propaganda?

Education.
    So it's better to watch videos that have been edited by somebody rather than watching it on a stream in real time by somebody actually there? What am I reading? Nothing you ever say makes any sense.

Deleted
    So it's better to watch videos that have been edited by somebody rather than watching it on a stream in real time by somebody actually there? What am I reading? Nothing you ever say makes any sense.
    You asked if an uncommented video may be propaganda. And i said: Yes, it can.

Thats literally all.

And it makes a lot of sense to say that education is the best counter measure to propaganda. As educated people will not believe every lie that fits to their questionable bias.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Sure, but how many buildings have they bombed? These are just children breaking windows.

Well, in Sweden, our version of Antifa (AFA) and their ilk is considered to be the single biggest threat to domestic security and national democracy there is, according to the security services. Sure, after the last attack islamic fundamentalists propably advanced on that scale, but they are apparantly a distinctly bigger threat than the organized right wing extremists here. To just hand wave them away by calling them children, in general, is either extremely naive, and/or nonchalant.

15+ Year Old Account
    You asked if an uncommented video may be propaganda. And i said: Yes, it can.

Thats literally all.

And it makes a lot of sense to say that education is the best counter measure to propaganda. As educated people will not believe every lie that fits to their questionable bias.
    So how is watching them riot in real time propaganda?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Well, in Sweden, our version of Antifa (AFA) and their ilk is considered to be the single biggest threat to domestic security and national democracy there is, according to the security services.
    Yeah, in Sweden. I also heard that Sweden is the horror vision of the typical american alt-right as it is a liberal community.

Deleted
    Look. To radical leftists, if it somehow can destroy or harm their ridiculous, suicidal worldview, even pure, unedited footage can be a propaganda... somehow.

Deleted
    So how is watching them riot in real time propaganda?
    Who is "them"?

So there is a video of rioters. And you believe those are "Antifa"? How about the idea its just a minority of the protesters, and only rioting criminals, without any political agenda?

Actually that is what the G20 riots were about. Rioting criminals who had no real political scope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Look. To radical leftists, if it somehow can destroy or harm their ridiculous, suicidal worldview, even pure, unedited footage can be a propaganda.. somehow.
    Largely because 'unedited' footage still carries inherent bias in its choice of what to film, what not to film. It also lacks any and all greater context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    They are worse. Right wingers do not behave like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Largely because 'unedited' footage still carries inherent bias in its choice of what to film, what not to film. It also lacks any and all greater context.
    You mean it lacks "commentary on what's ACTUALLY happening", correct?

Yeah, in Sweden. I also heard that Sweden is the horror vision of the typical american alt-right as it is a liberal community.

Point is, we have organized right wing extremists, including nazis, and we have organized left wing extremists, including AFA (Antifa). The person I quoted said we shouldnt worry about Antifa since they are merely stupid children, and instead focus on real threats like nazis. That rings more than a little hollow, and exceptionally biased, when the security services has stated outright that they deem the militant left a markedly bigger threat to national security than the militant right. In Sweden, yes, but it still entirely demolishes the "only children"-argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who is "them"?

So there is a video of rioters. And you believe those are "Antifa"? How about the idea its just a minority of the protesters, and only rioting criminals, without any political agenda?
    Literally any group is them. Any peaceful protest gets snuffed out once violence is involved and all meaning is lost.

Deleted
    Literally any group is them.
    That allows an easy creation of a stereotype, doesnt it.

If the world just was as simple as you want to display it. A riot? Oh, it must be <insert your political opponent stereotype here>!

15+ Year Old Account
    That allows an easy creation of a stereotype, doesnt it.

If the world just was as simple as you want to display it. A riot? Oh, it must be <insert your political opponent stereotype here>!
    It's almost like stereotypes exist for a reason and it's our own fault for perpetuating them. If antifa and blm don''t want to be known for rioting, then they should stop. I also don't have any political opponents because politics don't interest me at all. I just see groups hurting people and I don't like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    That rings more than a little hollow, and exceptionally biased, when the security services has stated outright that they deem the militant left a markedly bigger threat to national security than the militant right. In Sweden, yes, but it still entirely demolishes the "only children"-argument.
    Actually, every kind of violence is bad, no matter if it emerges from the far left or the far right. Problem about this thread is, that "Antifa" is displayed as any kind of notable player in the G20 riots, while they play no role in germany.

We have left wing extremists, but they mainly are anarchists and far leftists without any link to anti fascists organizations. Actually, Antifa in germany is mainly just people opposing Fascism.

I actually know it that detailed, as i come from germany. And in our country, even the conservative parties have a anti fascist tradition.

In america, the "antifa"-term is linked directly to left wing extremist violence, while it even isnt correct in america to say every single anti fascist who is part of "antifa" would be a rioter. At the end, it is just about denouncing people who oppose fascism as rioters, while that is only true for a very small part of people.

Same goes to "BLM".. Black Lives Matter is a human right activist organization with a few bad apples who shot people, which even werent part of any kind of organizational unit of that organization. They are nothing but a bogeyman for the alt right, to both oppose anti fascism and black people rights.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like stereotypes exist for a reason and it's our own fault for perpetuating them.
    Stereotypes simplify the world. While the world isnt simple.

Add to that propaganda efforts to denounce people, and you are well caught in a idiology made out of lies.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-23 at 11:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, every kind of violence is bad, no matter if it emerges from the far left or the far right. Problem about this thread is, that "Antifa" is displayed as any kind of notable player in the G20 riots, while they play no role in germany.

We have left wing extremists, but they mainly are anarchists and far leftists without any link to anti fascists organizations. Actually, Antifa in germany is mainly just people opposing Fascism.

I actually know it that detailed, as i come from germany. And in our country, even the conservative parties have a anti fascist tradition.

In america, the "antifa"-term is linked directly to left wing extremist violence, while it even isnt correct in america to say every single anti fascist who is part of "antifa" would be a rioter. At the end, it is just about denouncing people who oppose fascism as rioters, while that is only true for a very small part of people.

Same goes to "BLM".. Black Lives Matter is a human right activist organization with a few bad apples who shot people, which even werent part of any kind of organizational unit of that organization. They are nothing but a bogeyman for the alt right, to both oppose anti fascism and black people rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Stereotypes simplify the world. While the world isnt simple.

Add to that propaganda efforts to denounce people, and you are well caught in a idiology made out of lies.
    Humanity has been trying to simplify the world for ages. Where have you been?

Deleted
    Humanity has been trying to simplify the world for ages. Where have you been?
    I was reading history books. You should too. Read everything about "propaganda in the 20th century" and "the rise and fall of nationalism".

Seems we need a new book in the 21st century which is about the rise and upcoming fall of just another incarnation of nationalism.

I hope we will have less casualties this time.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-23 at 11:23 PM.