Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I wouldnt compare a meteor that spawns a bunch if imps to a turret. That's one heck of a stretch.
    Not any more of a stretch than pretending Dragon Roar or warrior shout abilities somehow preclude a bard class.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    C'mon Darktbs, we were on the same side then you said Music Expansion....that's actually the strongest argument I've seen against the Bard, no expansion to really set it in. Unless it's like a "fuck it, here ya go," moment.
    I would actually say that's one of the stronger arguments for Bard, not against it. It doesn't need a themed expansion to be introduced, because it is such a fantasy staple, and because there are plenty of minor traces of sound magic and several bard NPCs. It would be very natural for characters to pursue this rich and abundant source of power that isn't currently being taken advantage of by most people.

Much like how races in Cataclysm looked for new avenues of power in the form of new class options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazerdam View Post
    Dark Ranger could be a hero class but again what specs could you add to it? There was warden idea but again it is special to n.elf as far as i know. All i can think more is something related to Murky and his class but who the heck wants a murloc race/class combination?
    well before DHs I thought a dh was only Nelfs as well, I can see Wardens being added to Belfs as well as Nelfs. The only problem with this is DHs already are elf exclusive, why why would they add another elf exclusive class.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    well before DHs I thought a dh was only Nelfs as well, I can see Wardens being added to Belfs as well as Nelfs. The only problem with this is DHs already are elf exclusive, why why would they add another elf exclusive class.
    There were blood elf DHs in BC. Leotheras, but also all (nearly all?) of the demon hunters being trained on BT's terraces were Blood Elves.

You won't ever see a Warden class, not because it's basically just a rogue, but because Warden is specifically a station/rank in the Night Elven Watcher forces. It'd be like having a "Ranger-General", "Archamge of the Kirin Tor" or "Highborne" class. You could have an Orc rogue pick up an umbral crescent, the blade cloak and fight exactly like a Warden, but they still wouldn't be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There were blood elf DHs in BC. Leotheras, but also all (nearly all?) of the demon hunters being trained on BT's terraces were Blood Elves.

You won't ever see a Warden class, not because it's basically just a rogue, but because Warden is specifically a station/rank in the Night Elven Watcher forces. It'd be like having a "Ranger-General", "Archamge of the Kirin Tor" or "Highborne" class. You could have an Orc rogue pick up an umbral crescent, the blade cloak and fight exactly like a Warden, but they still wouldn't be one.
    Well...gotta start making a good transmog to be a Warden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Expansion where the music hero can be introduced while not being out of the place with the thread of the moment.

2 Things.

1-Im not, im explaning what the spell does Mechanically and answering your questions.

2-Why should i?Im not telling anyone to go play a Dk or any game with a necromancer to prove my point.I describe what they do or what they could do and backup with proof.You want to prove that its different?Show a hero spotlight or a gameplay, describe the spell and make counter arguments.

If thats the way, go play a fucking Frost Dk and tell me, do you feel like a Lich?

I am not making a counter argument to Necromancer. I thought you meant Demonology warlock.

The thing is, what you presented is not the answer yes to all my questions. An add you spawn that goes after the target is not the same as a stationary turret. It is therefore fundamentally different in terms of gameplay.

If you need to see what a tinker would play like gameplay wise check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpzzKNRQF9A

Gazlowe is a zoner. Nothing exactly like that exists in WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-24 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I am not making a counter argument to Necromancer. I thought you meant Demonology warlock.

The thing is, what you presented is not the answer yes to all my questions. An add you spawn that goes after the target is not the same as a stationary turret. It is therefore fundamentally different in terms of gameplay.

If you need to see what a tinker would play like gameplay wise check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpzzKNRQF9A

Gazlowe is a zoner. Nothing exactly like that exists in WoW.
    I was talking about Demo Warlocks, the Necromancer bit is a example of the class i've been talking the most in this thread.

While i will admit that they are not the same(after see the video) i take back my previous statetment on the matter.Isn't current the way its applied to Demo Warlocks better? not the summon part, the way they can move freely.

How would this work in game?Remember, if they have short range they will need to stand next to the boss and can be easily destroyed, making frustratring for future Tinker having to keep placing and replacing their turrets and work with the mechanics of said boss.

If the Range was long, like, the horror in PvP.Lets say you can place 5 turrets, thats 5 pets that are the Tinker main source of Damage, hitting you from 40yards and you can't do anything to fight back.

Here's an adjacent question for the thread....in an attempt to defuse, and mainly to the Tinker Supporters out there. DH and DK's both got extra customization options, especially the DHs, DK just got one undead skin, per race right? For Tinkers I think it would be cool if they/we got the option to have like clockwork limbs, FMA inspired.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Here's an adjacent question for the thread....in an attempt to defuse, and mainly to the Tinker Supporters out there. DH and DK's both got extra customization options, especially the DHs, DK just got one undead skin, per race right? For Tinkers I think it would be cool if they/we got the option to have like clockwork limbs, FMA inspired.
    They would get mechs to customize, I'm pretty sure.

And that's way cooler than just a skin tone xD

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    They would get mechs to customize, I'm pretty sure.

And that's way cooler than just a skin tone xD
    So, you just get one mech? And alter it from ther? Pictured it working a lot more like Druid form. Different specs different mechs, but each race would have flares to it. Cat form trolls tusks, Tauren horns, Nelf ears, whatever dem doggies do.

Goblin Mae has have like old timey smoke-stacks, gnomes have exhaust pipes, orcs have grates, drwarves have whatever
    Last edited by Directionalk9; 2017-07-24 at 03:43 AM.

So, you just get one mech? And alter it from ther? Pictured it working a lot more like Druid form. Different specs different mechs, but each race would have flares to it. Cat form trolls tusks, Tauren horns, Nelf ears, whatever dem doggies do.

Goblin Mae has have like old timey smoke-stacks, gnomes have exhaust pipes, orcs have grates, drwarves have whatever
    That's how I envisioned the Tinker class as well. Basically each race gets their own mech, and it can be customized in certain ways. Probably end like Druids where there's set amount of different colors and markings.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i know, thats why i said that yes, the theme of turrets was never used before but the idea of placing/summoning a bunch of npcs to attack the target was already used.

Almost if not all, mechanically have been used at some point in a spell or another.Why im bring this?Because pages ago some people argued that Tinker would bring something that was never done before, which is not true.
    While I agree with your general point, I can't imagine someone laying turrets and thinking "Wow, this ability is just like when I cast Hand of Guldan!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    That's how I envisioned the Tinker class as well. Basically each race gets their own mech, and it can be customized in certain ways. Probably end like Druids where there's set amount of different colors and markings.

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree with your general point, I can't imagine someone laying turrets and thinking "Wow, this ability is just like when I cast Hand of Guldan!"
    Of couse, think about Frostbolt, Shadowbolt, Firebolt or Voidform and Breath of Sindragosa.They do mechanically the same thing but everyone can tell them apart for obvious reasons

And you have the spells that thematically do the same thing but do different things mechanically:Firebolt- Incinerate-Lava Burst

Even in moments that the spell its basically the same, Flash of Light, Flash Heal, Prowl, Stealth, no one complains, because the overhaul rotation that the class bring its different.

And this is one of my big point towards Necromancer, yes they can have similarities to the Uh Dk but they can bring many new things to the table to the point they are easily their own thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I see them like the Arifact appearence skins for Druids, which is a very cool thing.I wouldn't mind if they keep it in future expansions.

But why not expand even further.Let Tinker use the Fel Reaver techonology, Blood elf, Army of the Light, Draenei, Nightborne, Titan, Orcs, Dwarfs, Human, Troll, Pirate....hell they can even add silly stuff like the arcane mage HIdden skin.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-07-24 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    I was talking about Demo Warlocks, the Necromancer bit is a example of the class i've been talking the most in this thread.

While i will admit that they are not the same(after see the video) i take back my previous statetment on the matter.Isn't current the way its applied to Demo Warlocks better? not the summon part, the way they can move freely.

How would this work in game?Remember, if they have short range they will need to stand next to the boss and can be easily destroyed, making frustratring for future Tinker having to keep placing and replacing their turrets and work with the mechanics of said boss.

If the Range was long, like, the horror in PvP.Lets say you can place 5 turrets, thats 5 pets that are the Tinker main source of Damage, hitting you from 40yards and you can't do anything to fight back.
    Well... i want to leave the design details to Blizz. I don't have a degree on it.

In PvP it will be difficult to balance for sure. But i think they have down sides in the lack of mobility. Like, a tinker with turrets would be very strong on his zone but very weak outside. It could have different talents (like by default they would have shorter range on the turrets but a talent could give them the 40y necessary for pve that would make them very weak for PvP)
    I think the way to balance with turrets against ranged is that the turrets could redirect some of the hits.
    The turrets themselves could be their resource and they naturally decay like Gazlowe's (edit: thinking about it the resource has got to be scrap). I think that against bosses they would work like totems. So, they would be immune to AoE.

Like... i just know its really fun to play Gazlowe and i would love to play something like that in WoW aswell. The design details i'm sure Blizzard devs can work out better than i. But i don't think it's an impossibility.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-24 at 05:03 AM.

I see them like the Arifact appearence skins for Druids, which is a very cool thing.I wouldn't mind if they keep it in future expansions.

But why not expand even further.Let Tinker used the Fel Reaver techonology, Blood elf, Army of the Light, Draenei, Nightborne, Titan, Orcs, Dwarfs, Human, Troll, Pirate....hell they can even add silly stuff like the arcane mage HIdden skin.
    The more I think about the Tinker the harder it is to justify it to only a few races, then I remember nope, mech, and how each Tinker race will have at least one mech per spec and how that adds so much to the art team, then I'm right back to 4-6 races. If the wow Tinker wasn't based around mechs I could see it only as goblins and gnomes, but since mechs are the consensus, not allowing a few others just ignores too much lore.

Well... i want to leave the design details to Blizz. I don't have a degree on it.

In PvP it will be difficult to balance for sure. But i think they have down sides in the lack of mobility. Like, a tinker with turrets would be very strong on his zone but very weak outside. It could have different talents (like by default they would have shorter range on the turrets but a talent could give them the 40y necessary for pve that would make them very weak for PvP)
    I think the way to balance with turrets against ranged is that the turrets could redirect some of the hits.
    The turrets themselves could be their resource and they naturally decay like Gazlowe's. I think that against bosses they would work like totems. So, they would be immune to AoE.

Like... i just know its really fun to play Gazlowe and i would love to play something like that in WoW aswell. The design details i'm sure Blizzard devs can work out better than i. But i don't think it's an impossibility.
    Not judging.While the down side of being a nightmare balance.

I can see having a high skill cap in positioning and getting the best out of the turrets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This, to be honest.

ETC is about as serious as Chen was in WC3. And is also in Hearthstone and a hero in HotS
    The only issue I see, is that every Hero Class in WoW was baked into the expac "northrend = DK // Pandaria = Monk // Legion = DH" so a BARD fit what?....Pretty "hard" to introduce unless they just go full "We don't give a fuck here it is a new class"

- - - Updated - - -

By the way looking all the "ideas" in this thread my top 3 "Class that will be implemented in wow" is

1. Tinker - and this with a HUGE % like 80% because in-game there are too many hints.
    2. Spellbreaker
    3. Bard

Any "Necromancer" idea is already "spreaded" over Affli-Unholy-Blood , it isn't like removing META from DEMO and build from ex novo a new class (that btw was already in war3 so was pretty easy to foresight) also no theme fit (unless they stop make hero class around expac theme)
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-07-24 at 07:40 AM.

While i see your case and i agree, the problem is that new classes have to fit the theme of new expansions. I can't imagine a theme for an expansion that a tauren playing guitar would fit... also, tauren come from thunder bluff and that is territory already discovered. So, i dunno. I don't say its unplausable, but i don't see how it would fit.
    But there we have your problem. You think it has to be something completely new.
    "tauren playing guitar" You just asume it would only be a Tauren. ETC was just an example.
    "from thunder bluff and that is territory already discovered" Again, if a Bard class was added there would not be a need to come from Thunder Bluff, the Darkmoon Fair or something we know. It could be something totally new.
    And I am against a Bard as a class btw, so just to show, that there are different aproaches.

I also disagree, that a Hero Class has to have deep ties to the expansions theme. It would be good, it would be easier, but that would limit the numbers of characters, but also new ideas or old ones. If it fits, that would be nice, and they accomplished that so far, but I dont think it would be a problem if they come up with a fitting story to fit the classes entrance into the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    By the way looking all the "ideas" in this thread my top 3 "Class that will be implemented in wow" is

1. Tinker - and this with a HUGE % like 80% because in-game there are too many hints.
    2. Spellbreaker
    3. Bard
    1. Could you explain to me where those "HUGE" hints are?
    2. Spellbreaker, wouldnt that be more of a 4th spec for one of the classes? Could you redirect me to the threath or post where they talk about them?
    3. Bard worked in other games, and could work in wow. I would prefer a profession, so that everyone who wants to could play an instrument.
    Necromancer would also be a nice 4th spec for the Death Knight, a caster. I would like to see that.

It would also be nice to break the trinity and add a support role, but I am not seeing Blizzard doing that. That does not mean it would be impossible.

The only issue I see, is that every Hero Class in WoW was baked into the expac "northrend = DK // Pandaria = Monk // Legion = DH" so a BARD fit what?....Pretty "hard" to introduce unless they just go full "We don't give a fuck here it is a new class"
    I mentioned it a page back but, Bard doesn't need an expansion. It also doens't particularly need to be a hero class, I would actually say it shouldn't be. Much like young Night Elves after the Cataclysm began learning magic from the Highborne who returned to Darnassus, and like the young trolls who began to learn druidism from Zen'tabra after her vision and transportation to the Emerald Dream, the way of the bard is there for the taking, it just hasn't been taken advantage of by most young heroes.

The new class/races in Cata came about because there was a large threat and the members of various races who were just starting their careers as heroes sought out new sources of strength. The same was true of monks really, you didn't really need the entire expansion for monk's to exist, just the monastery and some trainers to teach the races a new way to fight. All you need for bard to be implemented is a group of bards, the (Forresten, Russell Brower, the members of ETC, etc.) to send out trainers to various races who teach the aspiring heroes a new method of fighting. The same is true of tinkers, really, or the vast majority of classes that are proposed.

It's only very specific classes that have a need for an expansion thematically connected to them. Like Death Knights, since they were extremely rare and a sudden influx of Death Knights showing up out of nowhere had to be accompanied by the scourge making a move. And Demon Hunters because there were only a scattered couple left who had never shown any interest in teaching, so there had to be some sudden surge of demon activity or the return of Illidan.

Deleted

2. Spellbreaker
    3. Bard

Any "Necromancer" idea is already "spreaded" over Affli-Unholy-Blood , it isn't like removing META from DEMO and build from ex novo a new class (that btw was already in war3 so was pretty easy to foresight) also no theme fit (unless they stop make hero class around expac theme)
    Well, the necromancer is popular and might happen. Shadowhunter also. Finally Nightmare Druid, a corrupted druid.
    Reasons

1. Unique skill set (exception necro)
    2. Defined in lore.
    3. Popular.

If they want to fit the big RPG gap they have, bard would be perfect--

new healing class
    ranged dps class that uses bows

the only problem is there aren't a TON of in game examples of bards, though monks didn't really have a ton of precedent either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Diablo and Warcraft are not from the same universe.
    Ain't matter zilch. Since at least Borenor, WoW mages cast D3 wizards' spells verbatim. Paladins use D2 hammerdin's circling hammers and D3 crusader's short-term mounts, etc. You wear Sephuz's Secret in WoW, but to meet Sephuz himself you need to launch D3. Legiondaries - some even use the same names as back in D3 and the new ring is a copy of Hellfire Amulet. Timed M+ are mechanical copy of Greater Rifts and 7.3 promises to clone D3 normal rifts verbatim.

Also ain't matter zilch since any serious responses to Teriz's antics are a waste of time. The only reply his tinkerwank ramblings deserve is the one he gave himself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So what.
    And that's it. Writing anything else in response to Teriz's posts is a complete waste of time.