I'm assuming Jaina will have something to do with the bridge to next expansion, but I can't guess exactly how. Even Legion, probably the smoothest connection between expansions, had a lot of issues in what things were supposed to have happened in what order and what was the actual event that first tipped us off. I mean, we got that Son of the Wolf comic before Varian even died, let alone Anduin getting his sword.

In other words, I'm thinking that Jaina could come talk to us in a patch or a cutscene or even a comic, but at a point where we've already gotten the premise from the expansion's announcement, and later on we find out that canonically it was something else that first exposed us to the next conflict. That sounds like a semantic argument, but it's holding me back from guessing because depending on what next expansion is actually about, I think we could have some very different reasons for getting involved.

To be more specific, I feel like we might just have a break after 7.3 and then just get attacked in some pre-patch (that we'll see coming because of what's announced with the expansion), but we might also get a warning from Jaina before that.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-23 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, I think there is high chance that N'zoth prison (or former prison ;P) is under Kul Tiras.
    Which is what I'm saying. So the shadow is under KT :P

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Hmm, one event I can see happening is that Kul Tiras invades Orgrimmar and Stormwind by the sea. If we're going by the speculations about them being controlled by N'zoth. If not, then maybe Azshara causes several big ass tsunamis that wrecks both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

I still think we'll get a somewhat revamped zone thing again like in Cataclysm, though this time maybe filling more things with ocean instead of lava.
    Could help bring some more color to certain zones like they did with Desolace.

I do have a feeling that we'll be getting the help from the Bloodsail buccaneers now that Tethys is helping the rogue player. So maybe a huge war between Kul Tiras and the entire Bloodsail fleet could be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Hmm, one event I can see happening is that Kul Tiras invades Orgrimmar and Stormwind by the sea. If we're going by the speculations about them being controlled by N'zoth. If not, then maybe Azshara causes several big ass tsunamis that wrecks both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

I still think we'll get a somewhat revamped zone thing again like in Cataclysm, though this time maybe filling more things with ocean instead of lava.

I do have a feeling that we'll be getting the help from the Bloodsail buccaneers now that Tethys is helping the rogue player. So maybe a huge war between Kul Tiras and the entire Bloodsail fleet could be a thing.
    My whole idea for an Azshara expansion was a massive flooding. How Blizzard could pull it off is another.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Expansion should be multiple small islands as leveling zones, you build (garrison style) your boat and sail between the islands doing the quests. Have content on or below the sea, treasures and ship battles style.
    Nzoth, azshara themes.

Competes with sea of thieves and the ubisoft ship game coming out next year. Both multiplayer online games.

TEAM SUB RACE FOR 8.0

Seriously, it's going to happen. Watch it.
    Pretty sure this is going to happen as well.
    Sub-races PLUS improved character customization. New hairstyles, tatoos, maybe even body types for some races. Wait and see!

After playing the PTR and trying out patch 7.3, it would make sense if the entire space ship system and moving around the Argus sub zones is just a test for the boat system and moving around the islands for the next expansion.

Christie Golden is doing another WoW novel: https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...51974184148994.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Kul Tiras invade Stormwind? The logical outcome is that the Tirasians send an envoy to Stormwind; the trolls and/or orcs of the Channel Isles send an envoy to Orgrimmar, and both factions will head to Kul Tiras for the pre-launch event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Christie Golden is doing another WoW novel: https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...51974184148994.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Kul Tiras invade Stormwind? The logical outcome is that the Tirasians send an envoy to Stormwind; the trolls and/or orcs of the Channel Isles send an envoy to Orgrimmar, and both factions will head to Kul Tiras for the pre-launch event.
    You've not really followed the conversation, have you?
    If they're controlled by N'zoth, then they've got no choice.

Clothing datamined as "Kul Tiras" showed tendrils / tentacles and they looked quite cult-alike, much like the path of the damned clothing.
    As far as we know, Kul Tiras is probably under old god influence, it's one of the speculations, though it might just be quest gear from the area.

Clothing datamined as "Kul Tiras" showed tendrils / tentacles and they looked quite cult-alike, much like the path of the damned clothing.
    As far as we know, Kul Tiras is probably under old god influence, it's one of the speculations, though it might just be quest gear from the area.
    Tentacles don't really mean anything in terms of a cult, honestly. Tentacles are a pretty common motif in nautical stuff.

But even if we assume N'zoth is controlling them, there would be zero reason for him to send them to attack Org and Stormwind. They are both well fortified cities (you can't even really attack Org from the harbor, you'd have to go onto the land and set up a full siege) and the Alliance and Horde (Stormwind and the Forsaken alone) have vastly superior, larger navies. KT is a small nation that's mostly kept to itself for decades now. The Alliance and Horde are full-on war machines.

Old Gods operate through intrigue and subtlety, through cultists slipping into towns and whispering.

If there was going to be an attack on the main cities, it would be from Azshara's side, with storms like we see in EoA that buffet the player with wind and lightning strikes and torrential rain while Naga and faceless forces come ashore in endless numbers.

Personally, I "see" them as the tentacles of krakens (or a weird version of waves).

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I "see" them as the tentacles of krakens (or a weird version of waves).
    They've never really been associated with that though, and Kraken in WoW would definitely be Ozumat who got his ass kicked by Neptulon in Legion's beta though it was removed and replaced by another quest.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/640266.jpg

Those are most definitely tendrils, I don't get how people see those as waves, zoom in and there's yet another pair of thicker ones that look exactly like the ones we've seen in N'zoth's Hearthstone art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Old Gods operate through intrigue and subtlety, through cultists slipping into towns and whispering.

If there was going to be an attack on the main cities, it would be from Azshara's side, with storms like we see in EoA that buffet the player with wind and lightning strikes and torrential rain while Naga and faceless forces come ashore in endless numbers.

I do disagree with you on the part where you say old gods operate through subtlety, only phase one is ever subtle. That's when they slowly take control of the armies (Mantid, Qiraji, Ulduar)

But then, when it reaches phase 2, it's full on war as we've seen. And we never get to see phase 1 because it usually happens before the player character arrives for gameplay purposes.

Though I do too think that Azshara will be the one attacking. She'll probably destroy Azeroth's coastal zones or remake them (imagine a green Westfall).
    It's about time they do something with it, we know they want level scaling applied to the old worlds, this is the only chance they have as we're going to space after this.

If Azshara does something, it'll be on a grand scale, not just Stormwind and Orgrimmar. I personally hope she destroys those two cities so that we can finally feel a sense of loss.

I personally believe that the portal that sent us to Argus and various planets also sends us a bit forward in time. So while to us we've only been gone a few weeks, we don't return to Azeroth for several months, if not over a year. By the time we get back, Azshara is already invading, and we have to fight back against her stranglehold to liberate the main hub cities (Stormwind/Orgrimmar) That's 8.0. After that, we start an island-hopping style campaign against Azshara. Alliance goes for Kul'Tiras, and the Horde either goes for Kezan or Zalandar. That would be the starting experience in 8.1.

Those islands become faction hubs, and then the Horde and Alliance attempt to retake each Azshara/Nzoth stronghold until in the final patch we land on Nazjatar and go for Azshara herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I personally believe that the portal that sent us to Argus and various planets also sends us a bit forward in time. So while to us we've only been gone a few weeks, we don't return to Azeroth for several months, if not over a year. By the time we get back, Azshara is already invading, and we have to fight back against her stranglehold to liberate the main hub cities (Stormwind/Orgrimmar) That's 8.0. After that, we start an island-hopping style campaign against Azshara. Alliance goes for Kul'Tiras, and the Horde either goes for Kezan or Zalandar. That would be the starting experience in 8.1.

Those islands become faction hubs, and then the Horde and Alliance attempt to retake each Azshara/Nzoth stronghold until in the final patch we land on Nazjatar and go for Azshara herself.
    I'm not sure that would make much sense, seeing as Dalaran is right there and actively helping in the effort. Even if the portal did cause time lag, the second the invasion hit there'd be a messenger coming through the portal and reporting it. It wouldn't be any different than us being on the Broken shore when she attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Alliance goes for Kul'Tiras, and the Horde either goes for Kezan or Zalandar. That would be the starting experience in 8.1.

Not going to happen because it conflicts with the concept of the level-scaling zones and free movement between any of them in any order.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that there will be 4 or 5 other maritime nations that are controlled by N'zoth that will be taking part in the invasion. So we will have to liberate them from the old god's influence in any order we want.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-07-24 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Which is what I'm saying. So the shadow is under KT :P
    Well, but there lies a shadow over Kul'tiras and not under unless we're going to say N'zoth is the Shadow. Shadows under Kul'tiras as a title would make sense but sounds very strange. Well, I don't know. I just prefer Shadows over Kul'tiras (Shadow over Innsmouth!) for... reasons!

- - - Updated - - -

That's most likely the Troll Wars novel that's been "leaked" some weeks ago.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-24 at 07:10 AM.

N'zoth and Azshara are coming, unless theres another asspull like pandaria (dont get me wrong i liked mop)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is the reason why Jaina is the perfect fit to become the next Betrayer. I really don't think there is any hope for her, it's too late to safe her. Now I just hope Blizzard gives her an epic story.

I'd even go so far and say that Jaina / Kul'tiras and the Naga could team up because N'zoth tricked Jaina into a scenario that Kul'tiras will be conquered by the Alliance / Horde and that it needs to vastly increase its strength and the Naga could help.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-24 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Jaina will be under N'Zoth's influence. I think she will become the true Alliance leader and be like "See i was right to never trust the Horde" at some point.

I knida want Anduin to grow up and i think giving him Shalamayne can bring him a long way but i still feel like the Alliance need somebody to remind them they are at war against the Horde. And Jaina is the perfect candidate for this.

Jaina never went crazy, after all that happen to her and her family she is real reasons to hate the Horde. She doesn't hate humanity enough to fall for N'Zoth mind tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    No one gives a fuck about Alterac, but they are welcome too!
    Poor Alterac, no one gives a fuck about them at all, and no one ever will.