7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma Vector View Post
    Tarzan good grammar. Tarzan smart and knows good. Tarzan say show bad watch! Tarzan know why. Tarzan smart watching base. Tarzan should be listened to. Tarzan no stupid mode fan. You listen Tarzan. TARZAN SMART! D&D DUMB! GURPS BETTER RPG FOR SURE!!!
    Have arguments of just fan mean rubbish?

And that says a lot. Euron is also lucky to have stumbled on Yara's fleet... During the night, no less. He must have good radars, and Yara's vigils must have been sleeping.
    Don't look for logic where it not exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    1) Does Euron have fire mages or something? I know book Euron is a bit of a sorcerer, but why is show Euron able to track Yara down in the middle of the fucking ocean, and then toss fireballs at all her ships from all directions? Like, what? I mean, they're sailing from Dragonstone to Dorne (which is a pretty short trip) and somehow Euron's fleet managed to sail from the north of them, and put himself south of them? Or caught up to them? The fight choreography looked a bit shit too, but people will overlook it for him murdering two of the sand snakes.

2) Why does Yara not suspect Euron is going to come for her? She stole away, she's a legitimate contender to the throne, she plans on usurping him and he knows that - so....let's have casual flirty time with Ellaria while we're on the open sea?

3) I guess that's one way to end the Dornish plot. Jesus, what a fucking train wreck. I foresee a story arc where Yara and Ellaria are brought as the "gift" for Cersei and we get to see some pointless bickering before Cersei does something shock-y for television. Probably gonna make Ellaria fight the Mountain, like Oberyn.

4) Tarly being loyal (or even entertaining it) to Cersei makes no fucking sense. Cersei literally murdered his liege lord, his heir, his lord's daughter who was Queen, and usurped the throne. Why Tarly isn't riding hard to wherever the fuck Olenna asks him to be is beyond me.

5) LF is getting dumber by the moment. What's his grand master plan now? Try and seduce Sansa again so he can rule through her by proxy? Whisper that she should be the rightful ruler after it's clear Jon doesn't really care for the job and is already willing to give Sansa a huge role in running the North?

6) I feel like the whole Arya storyline is bait. That campsite looked exactly like the one she saw the Lannister soldiers at, and the time skip seems oddly incongruous. Not showing her parting ways from the soldiers reeks to me. I hope my prediction that she killed all of them so she could wear their faces is true, despite them actually being good people.

7) In general, the directness of the writing is a bit off-putting. The dialogue just seems flat and uninteresting most of the time. Varys had the best bit in the whole episde, but him being so open about his loyalties is bizarre and totally out of character. It seems like the writers prefer directness and moving everything forward at breakneck speed to the subtlety that made the show great.

8) Sam's storyline went from the worst last week to probably the best this week. I love that he's dipping into forbidden knowledge and practices, and I wonder if it'll lead him to Maester Maerwyn (sp?).

9) I almost forgot that Missandei/Grey Worm scene was in this fucking episode. Jesus Christ. THE DUDE IS A EUNUCH. THEY CUT OFF HIS BALLS. HE SHOULD HAVE NO SENSE OF SEXUAL DESIRE OR PLEASURE. Goddamn this scene pisses me off.

10) Arya's scene was okay, except for the weird throwaway line once the wolves left, as if she thinks Nymeria is going to come back to her. "That isn't you"? What? Yes, yes it is - Nym has a new pack now, and it doesn't include you.
    1. He was already in King's Landing with his fleet. Dragonstone is North of King's Landing off the coast. He knew they were in Dragonstone, he literally talked about it with Cersei. They didn't know where he was. The only places Yara would sail are south, either south to King's Landing or south to Dorne. So he both knew where they were AND where they were going to sail (south) and he was already positioned south of them. Also as to the fire, catapults firing flaming projectiles; didn't you watch the last episode of the last season, where the slavers were besieging Meereen from the sea, firing flaming catapults into the city?

2. She knew he was coming, but she hadn't the foggiest idea where he was; he knew where she was though.

3. Yeah already confirmed in episode 3 trailer, you can see the two remaining Sandsnakes behind Euron as he triumphantly returns to King's Landing (lower right, its easier to see in slow motion and HD on YouTube).

4. He hates foreigners though. And views Olenna siding with them as treachery. Plus Jaime just promised to make him Warden of the South.

5. He still wants to rule everything, but he assumes Sansa is more naive than she is.

6. That scene had no purpose, it was just to give Ed Sheeran screen time.

7. I mean Varys was cornered there, he wasn't going to lie to her.

9. Having no libido doesn't mean you can't love someone. I agree that the scene was unnecessary and stupid though.

EDIT:
    10. That is a throwback to season one. When Ned told her she was going to the be the lady of a castle, have lots of kids, etc... She said "that isn't me". She was saying the same thing to Nymeria, going to Winterfell, being a pet, etc., wasn't her... She was meant to be there in the woods with her pack.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-07-24 at 08:04 AM.

9) I almost forgot that Missandei/Grey Worm scene was in this fucking episode. Jesus Christ. THE DUDE IS A EUNUCH. THEY CUT OFF HIS BALLS. HE SHOULD HAVE NO SENSE OF SEXUAL DESIRE OR PLEASURE. Goddamn this scene pisses me off.
    Bruh but naked Missandei bruh.

I also find it odd that the Grejoys didn't spot a single ship from Euron's entire fucking armada before it attacked them. They seriously need some more vitamin A in their diet.

1) Does Euron have fire mages or something? I know book Euron is a bit of a sorcerer, but why is show Euron able to track Yara down in the middle of the fucking ocean, and then toss fireballs at all her ships from all directions? Like, what? I mean, they're sailing from Dragonstone to Dorne (which is a pretty short trip) and somehow Euron's fleet managed to sail from the north of them, and put himself south of them? Or caught up to them? The fight choreography looked a bit shit too, but people will overlook it for him murdering two of the sand snakes.

2) Why does Yara not suspect Euron is going to come for her? She stole away, she's a legitimate contender to the throne, she plans on usurping him and he knows that - so....let's have casual flirty time with Ellaria while we're on the open sea?

3) I guess that's one way to end the Dornish plot. Jesus, what a fucking train wreck. I foresee a story arc where Yara and Ellaria are brought as the "gift" for Cersei and we get to see some pointless bickering before Cersei does something shock-y for television. Probably gonna make Ellaria fight the Mountain, like Oberyn.

4) Tarly being loyal (or even entertaining it) to Cersei makes no fucking sense. Cersei literally murdered his liege lord, his heir, his lord's daughter who was Queen, and usurped the throne. Why Tarly isn't riding hard to wherever the fuck Olenna asks him to be is beyond me.

5) LF is getting dumber by the moment. What's his grand master plan now? Try and seduce Sansa again so he can rule through her by proxy? Whisper that she should be the rightful ruler after it's clear Jon doesn't really care for the job and is already willing to give Sansa a huge role in running the North?

6) I feel like the whole Arya storyline is bait. That campsite looked exactly like the one she saw the Lannister soldiers at, and the time skip seems oddly incongruous. Not showing her parting ways from the soldiers reeks to me. I hope my prediction that she killed all of them so she could wear their faces is true, despite them actually being good people.

7) In general, the directness of the writing is a bit off-putting. The dialogue just seems flat and uninteresting most of the time. Varys had the best bit in the whole episde, but him being so open about his loyalties is bizarre and totally out of character. It seems like the writers prefer directness and moving everything forward at breakneck speed to the subtlety that made the show great.

8) Sam's storyline went from the worst last week to probably the best this week. I love that he's dipping into forbidden knowledge and practices, and I wonder if it'll lead him to Maester Maerwyn (sp?).

10) Arya's scene was okay, except for the weird throwaway line once the wolves left, as if she thinks Nymeria is going to come back to her. "That isn't you"? What? Yes, yes it is - Nym has a new pack now, and it doesn't include you.
    Euron was probably laying in wait in the narrow sea, and yes he has magic, that why he looks 20-30 than younger than his brothers in both books and show. The fire balls were most likely siege weapons on the ships like spitfires aka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_fire or flaming balsita bolts or flaming onager shots like the slavers used in Meereen.

Euron knew the fleet lockation either by 1. Spys in Yara's fleet 2. By magic or 3 Simple experience, Euron is one of the greatest captains on the seas he would know the most common paths out of dragonstone all he would have to do is lay in wait knowing dany's forces would be passing by some time or another.

Yara aligned with the mother of dragons figuring she was safe, she had no idea Euron had rebuilt the fleet or was trying to team up with Cersei. Remember Euron was gone for years, Yara had no idea what kind of man he was not really, she figured euron was satisfied with taking the islands and raiding the west coast of the content. Not sailing all he way into both Cersei's (whom Yara had no idea euron was in talks with) and Dany's back yard.

Tarly is a huge racist Dothraki? Wildlings? Huge deal breakers, if you payed attention at ll to his character you would know this, he also swore an oath to the iron thron as well as to highguarden. If the Lannisters wen he becomes the new lord of the Reach. that's plenty of motivation for anyone.

This was Lf's plan back in season 6 if not earlier and its not so much seduce its more like leverage the vale army and force her to marry him, that's why Sansa gave up winterfell to Jon before he was crowned in season 6s o Lf couldn't use her to further his schemes.

You talk about the directness of the writing but constantly miss its nuance, its ok ill point it out for you.

Missandei was leading the whole thing, it was all for her, is it awkward yes their whole relationship is awkward.

"That isn't you" is a reference to the fact that the last time she saw her she was so loyal Arya she had to throw rocks at her to drive her away for her own protection. Now shes a big bad ass pack leader whose probably a mom with her own life who doesn't want to follow Arya anymore.

My bad on the geography, KL is indeed between Dragonstone and Dorne. That makes Yara tactically even dumber. I'd be sailing east to Essos, skirting down that coast, then coming west to Sunspear. It's longer, but, then again, the alternative is to risk a direct path between two allied locations while a more forbiddable fleet is on the water. Dany already wasted a couple years in Essos, why not waste a few more weeks, especially since the show itself is rather loosey-goosey on the time skips and eeverything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Yara aligned with the mother of dragons figuring she was safe, she had no idea Euron had rebuilt the fleet or was trying to team up with Cersei. Remember Euron was gone for years, Yara had no idea what kind of man he was not really, she figured euron was satisfied with taking the islands and raiding the west coast of the content. Not sailing all he way into both Cersei's (whom Yara had no idea euron was in talks with) and Dany's back yard.
    Yara knew his intentions. At the Kingsmoot he told her and everyone his plan to marry dragon lady and rule the seven kingdoms. Yara usurped his plan though, she would have to be retarded think he would just chill and do nothing at that point given his previous ambitions.

He also told them he was coming for them. They just didn't know he was already in King's Landing with his fleet.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad on the geography, KL is indeed between Dragonstone and Dorne. That makes Yara tactically even dumber. I'd be sailing east to Essos, skirting down that coast, then coming west to Sunspear. It's longer, but, then again, the alternative is to risk a direct path between two allied locations while a more forbiddable fleet is on the water. Dany already wasted a couple years in Essos, why not waste a few more weeks, especially since the show itself is rather loosey-goosey on the time skips and eeverything.
    They didn't know he was there, that's why she and others insisted on attacking King's Landing immediately. The Lannister fleet is at Casterly Rock and their army in the Riverlands moving towards Highgarden, they assumed there was but a token force at King's Landing.

You talk about the directness of the writing but constantly miss its nuance, its ok ill point it out for you..
    If you think this is nuanced writing, that's shocking. This is like, Creative Writing 101 writing.

Tarly's motivations are about oaths, and as someone pointed out, he hasn't sworn an oath to Cersei. He's sworn an oath to the Throne, which anyone can reasonably argue was usurped by Cersei. Oh yeah, and that usurpation came at the cost of his liege lord's life. Racism? When has that become a motivation of his? Even the "last time on" clip in the beginning was about him not wanting Sam to be a Maester and merely write about great men.

I know Euron is a magic user in the books. But that hasn't been set up in the show at all. And Yara not knowing he'd chase her is also way too ridiculous.

Also, if LF's plan has always been to marry Sansa and unite the North and the Vale under his rule, that was pretty fucking dumb giving her to the Boltons when she still trusted and even cared for him prior to that.

And the problem with the Arya line is "that isn't you," suggests Arya doesn't think Nym can change, when she herself has been across the Narrow Sea and trained to be a faceless assassin. She's literally "nobody" now but Nym somehow has some unimpeachable, unchangeable character? Sloppy writing.

They did not know Euron had a fleet or that it was near Kl or that it was hunting them. For all Yara knew Euron was still on the west coast of Westerose raiding the westerlands or the north again.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the problem with the Arya line is "that isn't you," suggests Arya doesn't think Nym can change, when she herself has been across the Narrow Sea and trained to be a faceless assassin. She's literally "nobody" now but Nym somehow has some unimpeachable, unchangeable character? Sloppy writing.
    Nymeria did change though... She used to be a loyal pet, now she's her own wolf.

How does she not know he has a fleet? She saw him sail into the Iron Islands WITH his fleet. She only stole a fraction of the Iron Fleet, he had his own fleet and the rest of it. I don't remember how many ships she stole at the end of last season, but guess who would know - she would, and she would know she didn't have nearly enough. If she stole off with all of them, she would have just turned around and sieged Euron. Instead, she slunk away in the night with what she could take because she knew the MAJORITY of the Iron Fleet supported him. She saw his viciousness and crudeness. She saw him boast about raiding the whole world. Even if she didn't think about him allying with Cersei (which she should have, because she herself immediately went to Dany, who is diametrically opposed to Cersei), she should have expected him to come after her.

Yara is not a dumb character, but she acted super dumb in this episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Nymeria did change though... She used to be a loyal pet, now she's her own wolf.
    ...I know that. Arya's line, "That isn't you," suggests that Nym didn't change, and is leading a false life now. Which is untrue, and short-sighted considering the changes Arya herself has been through, and a shallow analysis on her part. It's literally a line to give viewers hope that one day they will actually be reunited, to the point that it's almost fourth wall breaking. About the only way it works is if Arya herself is unchanged - which would be a pretty big betrayal of her story arc for, what, 5 seasons now?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I know that. Arya's line, "That isn't you," suggests that Nym didn't change, and is leading a false life now. Which is untrue, and short-sighted considering the changes Arya herself has been through, and a shallow analysis on her part. It's literally a line to give viewers hope that one day they will actually be reunited, to the point that it's almost fourth wall breaking. About the only way it works is if Arya herself is unchanged - which would be a pretty big betrayal of her story arc for, what, 5 seasons now?
    No that's not what she meant by "that isn't you" at all...

It was literally a throwback to season one. She was saying "come with me... come back to winterfell" and Nymeria turned her back... "That isn't you" in the context she said it is basically acknowledging "yeah, going back to Winterfell, being a pet, that's not you..."

The scene it was a throwback to:

If you think this is nuanced writing, that's shocking. This is like, Creative Writing 101 writing.

Tarly's motivations are about oaths, and as someone pointed out, he hasn't sworn an oath to Cersei. He's sworn an oath to the Throne, which anyone can reasonably argue was usurped by Cersei. Oh yeah, and that usurpation came at the cost of his liege lord's life. Racism? When has that become a motivation of his? Even the "last time on" clip in the beginning was about him not wanting Sam to be a Maester and merely write about great men.

I know Euron is a magic user in the books. But that hasn't been set up in the show at all. And Yara not knowing he'd chase her is also way too ridiculous.

Also, if LF's plan has always been to marry Sansa and unite the North and the Vale under his rule, that was pretty fucking dumb giving her to the Boltons when she still trusted and even cared for him prior to that.

Olenna is as much is leige lord as Cersei is his queen, both were simple the wives/mothers of the previous lords and Olenna is on the side with the dirty savage horse fucker rapers(from Tarly's Pov) Cersei is also the on that will give give him the reach.

Brothers oldest to youngest

He is unnaturally young in the show as well. Yara sighed up with the mother of dragons figuring she would be safe, you can tell by her tone in the cabin with Ellaria she didn't thing Euron would come after her, she only took around 100 ships and euron had the islands and the rich westerlands and reach to reave. She thought she was safe.

IIrc He first made is move in the Eyrie Sansa, this lead to the whole pushing lysa out the moondoor, however afterwards sasa doesn't given in to his persuits. By shipping her off to the boltons he probably hoped they would break her so that when he came in for the rescue she would submit to him, as we know that did not happen. If ramsey had knocked her up so be it, Lf doesn't give a shit about passing on a legacy he just wan't the throne(for himself) and Cat(sansa).

Nym has been leading that wolf pack for years and has probably mothered multiple litters of half direwolf pups she isn't her faithful companion anymore, she is a mother with her own life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a kill list at work where we chose 4 to die this season, had the 2 sandsnakes that died and Yara (I'm guessing she's dead after Euron has some fun with her), not bad to get 3 of 4 in one episode. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps Yara alive.

How does she not know he has a fleet? She saw him sail into the Iron Islands WITH his fleet. She only stole a fraction of the Iron Fleet, he had his own fleet and the rest of it. I don't remember how many ships she stole at the end of last season, but guess who would know - she would, and she would know she didn't have nearly enough. If she stole off with all of them, she would have just turned around and sieged Euron. Instead, she slunk away in the night with what she could take because she knew the MAJORITY of the Iron Fleet supported him. She saw his viciousness and crudeness. She saw him boast about raiding the whole world. Even if she didn't think about him allying with Cersei (which she should have, because she herself immediately went to Dany, who is diametrically opposed to Cersei), she should have expected him to come after her.

Yara is not a dumb character, but she acted super dumb in this episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Euron didn't have a fleet, at least not one numbering near 1000 during his exile. He had the Silence. Asha stole the 100 best ships on the Iron isles, after that Euron had the Ironborn scour the islands for timber to build the Iron fleet, a good chuck of it wasn't even under construction until after Asha and theon left, she had no idea what Euron was up to or how big his fleet was. The fleet could have been as small as 201 ships before they lefft and Euron would have had the majority.

Stannis sent the ravens about Cersei and Jamie, the seven kingdoms knows whats up, most lords arn't going to consider that Cersei will marry anyone especially considering how long she as been a widow, its only a matter of time before Euron gets tire of being strung along as well.

No That isn't you is arya thing about the old Nym her faithful companion, while she is looking at the bad ass den mother she see before her now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Got a kill list at work where we chose 4 to die this season, had the 2 sandsnakes that died and Yara (I'm guessing she's dead after Euron has some fun with her), not bad to get 3 of 4 in one episode. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps Yara alive.
    Why kill la perfectly good salt wife, a good reminder of a woman's place(euron rp off) Seriously tho the dude is a twisted fuck being a saltwife is the best Yara can hope for, the worst is pregnant naked tongueless lashed to the prow of the silence.

two things
    1. Euron with a god damn Gorehowl
    2. Daeny not bringing the Dornish army with her to begin with is really stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Olenna is as much is leige lord as Cersei is his queen, both were simple the wives/mothers of the previous lords and Olenna is on the side with the dirty savage horse fucker rapers(from Tarly's Pov) Cersei is also the on that will give give him the reach.
    Yes, but HIS ACTUAL LIEGE LORD Mace Tyrell was murdered in the Sept of Baelor, by Cersei, and it's not even secret! It's not even secret that she's killed off most of the Tyrell family, which are his liege lords.

The silly thing in the show is that Olenna is ruling Highgarden, a thing she never did, nor ever wanted to do. Nevermind that a book heir was totally omitted from the show, the seat would pass to some male cousin or whatnot, and they would be in open rebellion against Cersei too BECAUSE SHE KILLED THEIR WHOLE FAMILY.

Your analysis of LF's actions are pretty hilarious, tbh. That's the most convoluted wrangling I've seen amongst fans of this show who want to try and say this show is still clever and well written.

Look, I still like this show - it's well produced fantasy. But the story has gone to pasture, and the story was what made it unique in the first place.

Deleted
    I took that to mean, the Nymeria that Arya knew doesn't exist anymore, same as the Arya that Nymeria knew doesn't exist anymore.

I have a feeling we'll get a similar scene in the books, but they'll play up the fact that she still had Wolf Dreams about Nymeria while training with the Faceless Men but we've never had those in the show so it rather fell flat.

Yes, but HIS ACTUAL LIEGE LORD Mace Tyrell was murdered in the Sept of Baelor, by Cersei, and it's not even secret! It's not even secret that she's killed off most of the Tyrell family, which are his liege lords.

The silly thing in the show is that Olenna is ruling Highgarden, a thing she never did, nor ever wanted to do. Nevermind that a book heir was totally omitted from the show, the seat would pass to some male cousin or whatnot, and they would be in open rebellion against Cersei too BECAUSE SHE KILLED THEIR WHOLE FAMILY.

Your analysis of LF's actions are pretty hilarious, tbh. That's the most convoluted wrangling I've seen amongst fans of this show who want to try and say this show is still clever and well written.

Look, I still like this show - it's well produced fantasy. But the story has gone to pasture, and the story was what made it unique in the first place.
    Did she ever admit to it? I think you are over estimating Tarly's loyalty, remember Mace was largely seen as an idiot the dude couldn't even control his own horse, to a man that values strength like Tarly that's not good. Or underestimating his racism and again their is the fact he could be lord of the reach if the lannisters win.

Margaery mentions cousins in the show as well, but everyone knows Olenna is the matriarch may as well stop pretending. It doesn't change the fact Tarly is deeply raciest and the Tyrells are siding the the Dothraki

Its not convoluted go back and rewatch season 4 Lf kisses Sansa, Lf kills Lysa cause she saw, after the inquest into Lysa's death where sansa lies for Lf, Lf visits Sansa and asks why she lied for him. Sansa explains that she has no idea what Royce and Waynwood wanted form her, if Lf was eliminated, but she knows exactly what he wants. This Shows Sansa know That LF wasn't her and she has no intention of giving herself to him. This is when Sansa changes her hair and try's to act all grown up. Lf was hoping Sansa was going to be a naive little girl, she wasn't.

Knowing Sansa won't fall in line he weds her off to one of the worst houses in the kingdoms, a house which he conveniently has the capacity to save her from and also conveniently holds the north. all of these traits align perfectly allowing lf to swoop in save sansa from the vial boltons install her in her rightful place as lady of the north and hopefully by that time the boltons will have broke her down so far mentally that when Lf saves he Sansa will submit to all of his desires, Jon and the fact Sansa isn't nearly as weak as he though she was ruins his plans. This is basically Sansa's and Lfs plots from season 4 to now. Its the reason Why Lf keeps pushing sasna to take more power, because once she does he can leverage the vale army and force her to wed him. Sansa knows this which is why she gave up winterfell to jon in the first place, back in season 6 before his coronation.

You can not like the show thats fine but don't piss on my head and call it rain. for instance given what we know on Tarly it would be unfitting for the story for him not to Join Cersei.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This thread is for discussing things that has happened already. Please use spoiler tags for leaked info that hasn't happened in the show
    Wrong! you dont use spoiler tags here. thats the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Also . . . am I the only one who noped out of the room during the scene with Jorah and Sam?[/spoiler]
    Nope definitiv not the only one *shiver*

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    We need a no leaks thread.
    Then use the no spoiler thread.

these eps are to short....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Nope definitiv not the only one *shiver*
    yea, thx HBO, great cut away to the next scene there
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs