Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    In our guild I'd say running at least one +15 is mandatory per week for the chest since we raid mythic. I know I've gotten some pretty good upgrades from the chest. Anything beyond that is optional but I'll happily run more to help guildies out on their alts etc if I'm available to do so. More AP for me, more chance of a legendary, potentially more chance of loot etc. It doesn't take long either to do a +15.

So unless you are raiding in mythic it's not mandatory but still nice to do if you want a potential 930 item.

Short answer: nothing in this game is mandatory.

Longer answer: it is an extemely lucrative way to get gear as you get a guaranteed "high" ilvl piece every week with a good chance of gear from the dungeon itself as well. Whether you think that makes it mandatory or not is completely subjective.

YES! HOW COULD IT NOT BE MANDATORY?

If the weekly cache is a valid character progression for a mythic raider, how could it not be mandatory for everyone else?

I understand some play this game only for chat / Petbattles / PvP / AH and do no content for character progression at all. I am sure nothing is really "mandatory" for such players and a FREE EPIC UPGRADE every week for 20-30mins playtime is worthless for them aswell, because they dont play the current gaming content at all.
    -

No, WoW players need to learn what the word mandatory actually means.

yes you have to do a 15 every week

otherwise you're deliberately robbing yourself of a 930 item that's immediately turned into a chaos crystal

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not mandatory whatsoever. I do one +15 a week if I feel like it but if I hate the affixes for the week I just don't bother.

meh.

a social expectation that I never adhered to, because I straight up hate timers.

Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    I was having a discussion the other day with somebody who said if they want to raid in Legion, they feel they HAVE to run Mythic+'s. This thread isn't about if Mythic+ helps gear up toons (it obviously does), this is more of if you feel they HAVE to be used to get a toon raid ready.

My personal opinion is that they are NOT mandatory. Yes, some trinkets from the mythic+'s are simming as BiS for certain classes, but by no means would I ever refuse to raid with a player because they didn't have the BiS trinket. I realize I also don't raid at a top level, but for him to feel left out because he doesn't like running Mythic+'s (he has anxiety and they cause him a lot of stress) seems like an unintended consequence.

Again, my character has only completed ONE m+15 and I barely run them once a week (if that) and I'm still at a 926 ilvl 8/9H ToS in a guild that plans on moving into mythic ToS and I do just fine parse wise.
    Only run them for the 15, otherwise don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually do them but I don't feel bad if I skip it one week. Last week I did a m11 and didn't get around to anything else. Got a socketed 910 neck out of it so im not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    On occasion you get something good, but then you get cloaks 5 weeks in a row when you have a legendary and it just turns you off.
    Oh you certainly get a sea of crap things too. At this point for me a good necklace or relics are about all I want. Outside of some crazy titanforging the other stuff wont be better then my tier or trinkets.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mythic + is so boring and at 10+ you're so beyond normal raiding yet the reward is still less than LFR WTF Blizz

Rewards in this xpack are lackluster, challenge isn't, but one or the other - never mandatory.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doobypls View Post
    they feel they HAVE to run Mythic+'s
    This is the biggest problem many people have. They FEEL like they have to do this and that and also all of the things, in order to be able to even remotely being near viable for whatever it is they want to do. And that's really not the case for most of it.

All of it helps, true, but not all of it is required.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you care about gear, the weekly mythic+15 is mandatory so you are not left behind.
    If you don't care about gear, nothing is mandatory anyway.

No cause i have fallen off the gear penis waving merry go round a long time ago

I will get any gear solo in an xpac or two plus mounts so why kill myself? Nobody now cares for any of that shit and i know mythic raiders who dont ever get tells fawning how awesome there gear is now and they are starting to wonder whats the point!!.

Deleted
    Aside from my weekly +15 (which I do feel is mandatory), I hardly run any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    No cause i have fallen off the gear penis waving merry go round a long time ago

I will get any gear solo in an xpac or two plus mounts so why kill myself? Nobody now cares for any of that shit and i know mythic raiders who dont ever get tells fawning how awesome there gear is now and they are starting to wonder whats the point!!.
    They wonder what the point is because they are not getting whispers telling them how awesome they are?

Yeah, I call bs.

I try to push a +10 but then again I'm by no means a mythic raider.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Aside from my weekly +15 (which I do feel is mandatory), I hardly run any.

They wonder what the point is because they are not getting whispers telling them how awesome they are?

Yeah, I call bs.
    You ever played this game?

It is a lottery chance of getting something out of a weekly chest of disappointment, so doing one +15 would be beneficial to pretty much everyone, apart from that - whatever floats your boat.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I consider NOTHING mandatory and I hate any time someone says that X is mandatory. You can play the game and never touch raids, never pvp, never pet battle, you could just live on WQs, toys, and mounts if you wanted. Or just walk around and do nothing. Play what you want to play, do what you want to do.

if you are pushing for early mythic progression, then mythic + becomes mandatory unless you are blessed and get ultra-titanforged items of every raid boss you kill

I do 1 mythic+, usually +8/9 every week these days for the essences. Once I have them, I will probably stop, doing them only if friends / guildies ask me to fill in a spot.