Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't think it will be the same as before. Blizzard seems to have the petal to the metal for whatever reason. Maybe they know something we don't coming in the future. they have been really aiming to please.

can't believe I typed this without looiking at the keyboard and I am drunk too!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    What do you guys think? 10 months? A year? A little over a year?

Id say 10 months
    I will say a more logical answer. The timeline for the next Xpac will be set when around 1000 guilds kill the last boss on mythic. It will be released about 3 months after that point with the Pre-patch being somewhere around a month after that.

Based on Blizzard trends, 12-14 months after Antorus opens. So Jan/feb 2019....fuck do I pray to all the gods I'm wrong.

5 months prolly?

Too long for some, not long enough for others.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Im gonna go with 8 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    The longer the better
    That's what she said!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Too long for some, not long enough for others.
    Oh baby!

Jokes aside, if they keep the current pace, and the Argus raid comes out in Oct/Nov, i'd bet good money on the expansion coming out sometime during late-spring or early summer following a world-driven story bridge into the next expansion.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    That's what she said!

Oh baby!

Jokes aside, if they keep the current pace, and the Argus raid comes out in Oct/Nov, i'd bet good money on the expansion coming out sometime during late-spring or early summer following a world-driven story bridge into the next expansion.
    One issue they are going to run into that they haven't dealt with for a long time is announcing the next expansion without giving away how the raid concludes. Alpha/beta testing goes on for well over half a year even at it's quickest paces and more often closer to a year. Unless they do something like the end of BC that had pretty much nothing to do with Wrath.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Im guessing the 8.0 patch will actually have a semi raid tier in it. Something like ToC instead of Ruby, or ToV. That way they more easily brixge the gap between Argus > next xpac

I find it a bit amusing that people really think the final tier will only last 6 months or even less. Come on, 6 expansions prove you wrong. Going from ~ 12 months to ~ 6 months is just highly unrealistic even when it sounds good. When we go by that logic Beta starts when players are progressing Antorus. That doesn't make any sense, does it?

I hope it lasts long. That way I, as a casual, can actually do all the content i want

I expect the new raid to hit late nov early dec and last 9 months imo

they may add 2 more months on top of that but thats what i expect. Blizz may also add extra content to keep things along by giving us pretenses to the next xpac IE invasions and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    8-10 months. I figure it will drop somewhere between mid-November (right after Blizzcon) to early January (if they can't get it out before ~early December I doubt they'll drop it in the middle of the holidays) and I think the next expansion is mid summer-early fall.
    Came in to write exactly this, almost thought I already did write this but your username wasnt apparently mine!

(it's obvious it will be after Blizzcon so they finally have something to talk about and announce)

experience says 10-13 months.

14-15 months, like usual.

They claim they wanna make the end of expansion drought shorter, but there's little chance they'll actually manage to do that.

Deleted
    hoping for 9 months plus. Allows me to get my important characters through it as current then turn back and start filling in stuff I missed through the expansion as well as levelling and getting transmit sets for alts while it is still easy to find groups for legion content.

Hopefully? A solid five months, like Nighthold. Realistically? It likely won't take less than 7 months, and I expect 8 or nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    The problem with this is that you can't have it both ways. If you want a good expansion, then blizzard will have to put all their resources into it which will lead to content draught.

If you want expansion to be announced and released within 6 months. Then don't expect it to be a good expansion.
    Yeah. It'll take them 6 months to make 7.3 alone, and while large patch, it's still juts a patch. Full expansions take upwards from a year of dev time, and if majority of your team is working on the current expansion patch content, proper work on the next expansion can start only after last patch is out.

Hence 10-15 months of wait between last content patch and next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    14-15 months, like usual.
    Except only one gap has been that long, MoPs. So it's not as usual.

Seriously people do none of you have memories? Or, well, Google? Whenever this stuff comes up people keep citing 'facts' that are just flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Except only one gap has been that long, MoPs. So it's not as usual.

Seriously people do none of you have memories? Or, well, Google? Whenever this stuff comes up people keep citing 'facts' that are just flat out wrong.
    WoD also has over 12 months of last tier.

Their last two expansions have had long as fuck gaps, nothign assures this one will be any different.