Thread: Frost 7.3

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Well the nerf to HRW shouldn't be THAT bad. I guess I don't know how resource starved people are during Breath using Chest/Bracers but using Bracers/belt I end up usually capped on RP and Runes during HRW.
    depends how much you gamble with your RP/Runes when using Bracer+Ring on like Goroth/Demonic/Sisters/Mistress/Harjatan/Desolate if your conservative with your HRW charge and wait till your at 25-30 RP to use HRW this change will hurt you, but if your liberal with your HRW use and do it at alike 60+RP this wont change anything for you.

I only mention those as all the other fights will force you to drop BoS due to a boss mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    We need like a 20% buff to be competititive with anything that isn't a survival hunter.
    A 10% buff would actually put it on-par with UH, which is far from being bad
    So 5% doesnt look much, but it's a good start

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    We need like a 20% buff to be competititive with anything that isn't a survival hunter.
    On the various log sites frost is currently 9% behind unholy in overall performance.
    With that buff the gab should have closed considerably. Well the HRW thing remains to be seen, usually I'm overcapped massively, but it won't help either, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-07-24 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    Did some testing on the PTR, the spec feels extremly slow now. Outside of the ~25 second Breath i feel like im constantly rune and RP starved.

12%Haste, Chest/Bracers,

It's questionable if this combination will still be the best. Especially with some of the stat distribution being horrible on our tier pieces and getting haste being a pain overall this tier.

Btw, after playing unholy since ToS I have to say that I think DA is imho the better BoS. It's implementation is just way smoother.

Deleted
    Yeah was definetly not the best Legy and/or Talent Setup. I didnt have time to test a lot. But more haste seems very desirable with this first round of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's questionable if this combination will still be the best. Especially with some of the stat distribution being horrible on our tier pieces and getting haste being a pain overall this tier.

Btw, after playing unholy since ToS I have to say that I think DA is imho the better BoS. It's implementation is just way smoother.
    I have to agree but disagree. I don't like cooldowns with infinite potential, especially not when RNG is involved at all. Both of these are CDs with infinite potential.

I think DA has more RNG than BoS does. I enjoy the fixed duration on DA more but dislike how getting a bunch of Sudden Doom procs at the beginning makes your DA do shit tons of damage, while getting none until the last ~8 seconds greatly reduces the potential damage. I've had back to back pulls where my opening DA does 5-6 million more damage just because of Sudden Doom procing at the right time.
    I really wish they would have implemented a cap to BoS so RNG wouldn't give your Breath duration a rough 10 seconds swing in either direction. Bad RNG can kill your breath early and good RNG can make it stupidly long. I had a few times in Nighthold where my Breath lasted longer than 2 minutes and that was insane and was 100% due to insane RNG. It was the initial Breath on Tich so we didn't even have Bloodlust available either.

Deleted
    Let's face it: 7.3 is a long way off. For months yet, we're stuck with cancer called BoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm the only one liking the BoS spec. It feels like I'm in control of what I'm doing and not relying on procs that much, sure you can get screwed if you get stunned or go out of melee range or whatever but ill take that over getting screwed with rng

Quote Originally Posted by nitewarlord View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one liking the BoS spec. It feels like I'm in control of what I'm doing and not relying on procs that much, sure you can get screwed if you get stunned or go out of melee range or whatever but ill take that over getting screwed with rng
    Most of the mythic raiders I find love bos, most of the lfr to heroic heroes are the ones clamoring for it to be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Let's face it: 7.3 is a long way off. For months yet, we're stuck with cancer called BoS.
    About seven weeksish....unless the development cycle is different for the final two patches. But iirc, it's been about twelve weeks between every patch.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    27% buff...Real solid QA team we got here, letting this go for so long.
    The 27% buff is to offset the uptime of BoS. It isn't a literal "oh they are 27% dps behind" buff

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Did some testing on the PTR, the spec feels extremly slow now. Outside of the ~25 second Breath i feel like im constantly rune and RP starved.

12%Haste, Chest/Bracers,
    FWIW I have the same legendaries, but around 18-20% haste, and the spec flows pretty well. HoW helps alot in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Most of the mythic raiders I find love bos, most of the lfr to heroic heroes are the ones clamoring for it to be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

About seven weeksish....unless the development cycle is different for the final two patches. But iirc, it's been about twelve weeks between every patch.
    Now read that again..Do you seriously think/know that a complete tier only lasts 12 resets?
    2 guilds killed Mythic KJ...

There have not even been any tests yet for the new raid, and yet you say it's coming out in seven weeks?
    Last edited by mmoc2a88e02518; 2017-07-24 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The 27% buff is to offset the uptime of BoS. It isn't a literal "oh they are 27% dps behind" buff
    Your % of damage done by Breath wont change near this much when it goes live, so this simply isn't true at all. It also doesn't change the fact no spec has ever gotten this large of a straight %buff before, and still warrants my claim that blizzard is very bad at their job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post

12%Haste, Chest/Bracers,
    Should probably try around 20% haste, and with belt and see how it plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Punx View Post
    Now read that again..Do you seriously think/know that a complete tier only lasts 12 resets?

There have not even been any tests yet for the new raid, and yet you say it's coming out in seven weeks?
    You seem to have missed that the patches currently come in 0.5 increments, haven't you?
    It's effectively 24 weeks per raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Messing around on the PTR this morning. I can see both rings being desirable for frost. The mini bloodlust built in to HRW is pretty cool. OB damage even with Koltiras was still eh. 3rd underneath FS and HB playing MG style

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Punx View Post

Patches come in 7.x and 7.x.5.....so yea why don't you read it again and actually try and use that little brain of yours.

This just solidifies me re-rolling from WW. My DK is my historic main anyways and I like the frost playstyle, time to start having my raid feed me gear
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    This just solidifies me re-rolling from WW. My DK is my historic main anyways and I like the frost playstyle, time to start having my raid feed me gear
    What a lovely story

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    What a lovely story
    A "nice blog" would also have sufficed
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things