I was sooooo not expecting Euron to attack Yara and her fleet so early. I feel kind of bad for Ellaria, knowing she's gonna be into Cersei's hands though...

And omg that dragonscale / creamy pie transition almost made me throw off haha! That was grooooooss.

Deleted
    Show Euron is a mere shadow of book Euron.

Best chapter GRRM has written, ever.

Sansa doing her thing again. Instead of doing it in private, she questioned his decision amidst the lords AGAIN. And with how many of them were opposed to what he's going to do, its obvious she already planted the seed of doubt. I have a feeling he will throw away the king title altogether.
    To all the people saying he should have sent an emissary. Daenerys sent for HIM exactly (suggested by Tyrion and Melissandre), to bend the knee. Sending an emissary would be an insult in itself. And who better than him would explain to her the threat of the Nights king? Dragon glass and the dragons are too much of a benefit to worry about the risk.

The scene when Arya heard the North belongs back to the Starks and that Jon is the king was great... After many years, the thought of reuniting with her family comes back. Too bad Jon just left, lol.

Euron is great. The interview about him being worse than Ramsay looks like thruth now... But I wonder what will Danny do for crushing her fleet and murdering her allies. She should send her dragons to burn the Iron Islands to ashes, finally sending the message to all the opposing lords. Right now barely anyone believes she has dragons.

Missandei/Grey Worm was cringe, sigh. Nothing more to add.

Wonder if Jorah will live through the greyscale removing. I look forward to him meeting Danny again.

Overall very good episode. Cant wait for the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    So I get that Dany is new to Westerosi politics..... but why would she expect Jon to bend the knee to her considering her allies.
    Tyrion is a Lanister, Jon has less hate than the others but still...
    Yara Greyjoy directly attacked the North....
    and the Tyrells sided with the Lanisters even though they never directly attacked Northern troops.
    Also Melisandre..... though it's not like they have anyway to know what she did.
    And well.... she's a fucking Targaryen, considering what caused Robert's Rebellion reaching out to Jon of all lords is just confusing.
    She's an entitled little shit.

She claims she wants to bring peace and prosperity and yet the Targaryen claim to the throne is that they conquered everyone. Does not compute.

The seabattle is a bit pointless. Starting those battles in night causes a hell of confusion, like ramming into friendly ships, mistaking hostile ships for allies and other shit, like it happened during the battle of Jutland. Doing such a thing is not a thing the "best captain of the world" would do.
    Yeah, he has fire catapults, but that shit has to hit moving targets on the sea, in the dark. Which is not exactly easy. Except of course he has magical radar or shit like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    The seabattle is a bit pointless. Starting those battles in night causes a hell of confusion, like ramming into friendly ships, mistaking hostile ships for allies and other shit, like it happened during the battle of Jutland. Doing such a thing is not a thing the "best captain of the world" would do.
    Yeah, he has fire catapults, but that shit has to hit moving targets on the sea, in the dark. Which is not exactly easy. Except of course he has magical radar or shit like that.
    Euron in the books uses a lot of magic, hasn't really been shown in the show though.

They seem to be playing up the super crazy part of Euron, when the book plays up the super creepy part.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well if anyone in Westeros could pull off co-ruling without being married it would be those two, the North seems like a pretty wild place where no actual fucks would be given. THAT BEING SAID, did you catch that camera close-up of Sansa grabbing Jon's hand? Haven't seen that in the show for friendly platonic touch, the close up makes it seem significant. Could be some romantic foreboding.
    Given how Bran is on his way to Winterfell and that he's seen Jon's true origin in his visions, if he spreads the news, Jon and Sansa are free to marry. Though that raises the question of Jon's legitimacy as king. Both in the technical sense as well as in context of the reason the lords of the North gave when they crowned him, i.e. Ned's blood coursing to his vein. Then again, still the son of Ned's sister, so maybe they'll be chill about it. Though, after ep. 2, I think the possibility of Jon and Daenerys marriage is an option. He needs the dragons and dragonglass, while keeping in mind that the North will have severe reservations about him bending the knee to anyone, let alone Targaryen. Daenerys needs the support of the North in turn, especially after she lost a part of her fleet and the Dorne and Greyjoy leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I guess we can all agree that Euron is a big surprise to us all and that he's a motherfucking badass!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how Bran is on his way to Winterfell and that he's seen Jon's true origin in his visions, if he spreads the news, Jon and Sansa are free to marry. Though that raises the question of Jon's legitimacy as king. Both in the technical sense as well as in context of the reason the lords of the North gave when they crowned him, i.e. Ned's blood coursing to his vein. Then again, still the son of Ned's sister, so maybe they'll be chill about it. Though, after ep. 2, I think the possibility of Jon and Daenerys marriage is an option. He needs the dragons and dragonglass, while keeping in mind that the North will have severe reservations about him bending the knee to anyone, let alone Targaryen. Daenerys needs the support of the North in turn, especially after she lost a part of her fleet and the Dorne and Greyjoy leaders.
    I wouldn't say they'd have a problem with Jon not being Neds son, he's still got Stark blood in him, as much as Sansa has Tully blood in her.

7+ Year Old Account
    the sam and jorah scene...

the transition at the end was so disgusting, i almost puked.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Wouldn't care much because I actually like Conor. But imagine listening to the same crappy music all day, and then that artist gets a cameo on your favorite show. Mildly annoying.
    Ariana Grande or Demi Lovato can appear as a whore and I'd be ok with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    That or he'd be in Winterfell, but instead of wearing black Stark furs he'd be wearing this and would just powerwalk around saying "FOOK THE LANNISTAHS"
    He'll bounced their heads off the cobblestone, don't you worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Conor McGregor isn't going to be on Game of Thrones this season. Nymeria and Gendry, however, will be.
    Yeah, poor Nymeria, choked right the fuck out by the Legendary Euron Greyjoy. RIP my beautiful baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was pretty amusing episode.

I was gonna say they put the Arya/Nymeria in the show just to cater to fans, but i have a feeling that the books will follow the same path. It will be one of those bittersweet things.
    They briefly meet each other, but end up going their own ways.

Jorah and Sam badasses!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Jorah and Sam badasses!
    the transition tho...

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I hope Grey Worm dies next episode so we can kill off another boring character/storyline. Thank fuck the Dornish lot are gone now anyway.
    That's a ton of eye candy though. I mean, Missandei and Nymeria are two of the hottest (were) two of the hottest on the show. Never got to see Nym's tits, but Missandei... I'd love a slice of that poontang pie. But yeah, otherwise they can go away. It's all about war now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    He's actually someone I just started looking forward to seeing on screen. He's a damn well interesting character and he is a damn savage. Guess that's a reason why I loved Ramsay so much. His character was insane, but so well portrayed as a villain.
    Same. Euron quickly vaulted into a top 3 favorite of mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Glad those 2 cunts are dead, hope they keep the pretty one alive for a while.
    The pretty one, Nymeria, was choked out and then hung off the bow by Euron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Damn that last scene was incredible. Edge of my seat incredible.

I'm sad we lost the Sand Snakes, though they weren't very popular, I enjoyed their presence , their dialogue with each other and just Dorne in general(definitely the most beautiful place on the show). I felt like the writers made them SUPER badass this episode ,how they should have been from the start, but then killed them =/ Seems like wasted potential honestly

Also. Couldnt Euron have delayed his attack for 5 more minutes? That Yara/Ellaria scene was goddamn hot. And I'm fucking gay
    Haha, yeah. I've a big ol crush on Jessica Henwick (Nymeria), so sad to see her die.

Question though, Obara got a few stabs in on Euron, and Nym got a few wacks in with her whip. I'm not sure if Nym's whip was laced with poison, but Obara's dagger's sure as fuck should be - is Euron immune to the Dorne poison, or just have cure potions with him? He's smart enough to bring some along, knowing he'd back banging with the Snakes.

Also, was kinda interesting that Euron was able to take two of them out so easily, while Bronn and Jaime... very much did NOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Bruh but naked Missandei bruh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My bad on the geography, KL is indeed between Dragonstone and Dorne. That makes Yara tactically even dumber. I'd be sailing east to Essos, skirting down that coast, then coming west to Sunspear. It's longer, but, then again, the alternative is to risk a direct path between two allied locations while a more forbiddable fleet is on the water. Dany already wasted a couple years in Essos, why not waste a few more weeks, especially since the show itself is rather loosey-goosey on the time skips and eeverything.
    She's smart enough to know that any fleet that could be erected since she left the Iron Isles would be shit in comparison.

She's dumb enough to not realize her uncle is a demon who can shit out ships at a moments notice.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember how many ships she stole at the end of last season
    Enough to transport all of the Unsullied and Dothaki.... that's the one huge WTF for me, the ships. Yara and Reek had to have taken enough to peak Dany's interest, and then Euron would have had to have enough time to build his substantial fleet AND get it down to KL...

Jeus fucking Christ, that Missandei/Grey Worm and Yara/Ellaria scenes. Can't recall when was the last time GoT included shit of such monumental proportions (probably the last time the screentime was wasted for Missandei/Grey worm romance or the abomination that is the Dorne storyline in the show). Utterly, utterly pointless and a waste of screen time in a season that's already going to be short. Euron ranked up for me for killing two of the Sand Whores and capturing the other one, Grand Sand Whore and Yara. Still a shadow of his book self though.

Sansa is still an idiot and the writers seem to have no idea what to do with Littlefinger. The mastermind that caused the war of five kings is now reduced to a creepy pervert projecting his obsession with Cat onto Sansa and getting manhandled by Jon for it (who has some weird animosity towards Littlefinger before he tells him of his fetishes).

Sam scenes were nice for a change, but I'm not sure what's the great importance of Jorah anymore. I hope he's only going to serve as a plot device for Sam, who will get lauded for curing Mormont's disease. Arya's scene was OK. And I can't help but laugh at Qyburn's great secret weapon being a ballista. Never seen one of those before.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-24 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Sansa doing her thing again. Instead of doing it in private, she questioned his decision amidst the lords AGAIN. And with how many of them were opposed to what he's going to do, its obvious she already planted the seed of doubt. I have a feeling he will throw away the king title altogether.
    She's power grabbing without really realizing it. She learned it from Cersei and to a lesser extent, Olenna.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bad on the geography, KL is indeed between Dragonstone and Dorne. That makes Yara tactically even dumber. I'd be sailing east to Essos, skirting down that coast, then coming west to Sunspear. It's longer, but, then again, the alternative is to risk a direct path between two allied locations while a more forbiddable fleet is on the water. Dany already wasted a couple years in Essos, why not waste a few more weeks, especially since the show itself is rather loosey-goosey on the time skips and eeverything.
    Assuming you mean "formidable", I'm not sure Asha had any way of knowing his Fleet was larger or stronger. Asha's fleet would have consisted of three separate fleets (Greyjoy Iron fleet loyal to Asha + Wise Masters War Fleet + The Arbor Fleet). Somehow Euron is supposed to have done better (as in, better numbers) with the remaining portion of the Iron Fleet + whatever he built with next-to-no trees? Character motivations are getting completely screwed due to shit no longer making sense. Honestly, just sounds like bad writing.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-07-24 at 12:18 PM.

I was wondering what you people were talking about, Nymeria getting choked by Euron, thought it was a metaphor for Euron being cool and Arya's direwolf appearing then disappearing from the show, being out-shadowed or something.

Forgot one of the sand snakes is called Nymeria.

Also at the end I thought that was Yara(Asha) hanging and Ellaria speared on the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

Yeah, poor Nymeria, choked right the fuck out by the Legendary Euron Greyjoy. RIP my beautiful baby.
    The comment was for Nymeria the dire wolf.

Alfie Allen's acting is some of the best in the entire show. His portrayal of Theon's psychological damage is absolutely brilliant.

I'm disappointed with Baelish's character. He had so much mysteriousness and danger about him in the beginning, but now he's just this shifty bloke who annoys people with his obvious scheming.