Poll: Should MoP Challenge Mode gear make a comeback

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No need for new sets as transmog has made new items less exciting.

Its funny, because on THIS topic, you would actually have a point as the sets are purely for transmog.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    no /10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No need for new sets as transmog has made new items less exciting.

Its funny, because on THIS topic, you would actually have a point as the sets are purely for transmog.
    Not if they released new sets every expansion and removed them once the expansion ends...everytime.
    They would always be prestigious this way.

My only problem with CM loot is that you just needed to do it once on one toon and you can unlock all the CM weps from WoD for all toons but you couldn't do that with the MoP sets.

Sure, they should come back. Maybe with some hoop jumping and without the achievements, but bring them back. And make all sets available to players who had them. I've got a legacy achievement for mine, which is prestige enough. They could also be dirt easy to acquire just so Shadowpunkz wouldn't wear them.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Only if you unlock one set, you unlock every class's. I unlocked Mage back in MoP but I no longer play a Mage so I find it kind of bullshit. They really expected people to complete full golds 11 times? Insanity.
    It wasn't really difficult to do them all if you had a decent group. It took some time for us to get our first sets completed, but after that a few of the runs were one shots. Main difficulties were my Rogue (I was terrible) and my GM's DK (he doesn't tank much xD) but after that we did them for Valor capping on to help other Guildies get their sets.

I personally did CM's a lot during MoP, all classes plus an extra DK and Warlock.

Do I think they should be brought back? Again my answer is still no. Like PVP Elite sets and other time limited content, I think these should remain unique to those who did them. I personally really wanted the Warrior Warlords Season 1 Elite set, but never got it. I still think it's an amazing set and regret not pushing to try and get it harder but it's out of reach now.

Again referring back to PVP Elite sets, you unlock it on the class you play. If I hit 2k and get the Elite set on my Warrior, should I automatically unlock it on my Paladin? It was a feat of strength for that class, that you could perform well enough as that class.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, basically even less reason to bring it back, if people are prone to cheat and purchase their way to it.
    No, because ​the damage has already been done when the sets were first available. By keeping them restricted it only promotes and rewards the people who obtained them using those methods.

Keeping them restricted doesn't preserve anything of besides a few trolls desire to lord their xmog over people. While making them available again would promote additional gameplay and investment in people's characters, and probably the overall enjoyment of the game.

Think about people playing the time walking Black Temple for Warglaives. Not only do they get the enjoyment of a nostalgic​ run through old content, but also the hunt for a cool xmog.

Balance the two of those: people playing the game and having fun vs people trolling with "hahah noob u can't get my gear".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    This is incorrect as at the start of Legion Blizzard gave everyone who did the WoD Gold Challenge Mode an ensemble pack which granted every weapon to the account irregardless of what class you did it on.

Firstly, Blizzard didn't give it to the people, they needed to buy it for I think 10k gold.

Secondly, in the context of the post I replied to, what you accused me of saying makes no sense at all.
    The guy complained about not being able to get all class sets when finishing Panda CM gold with one char the same way you get all weapons for finishing WoD CM gold with only 1 char. So in the context of the discussion, unlocking all weapons is already given.
    This wasn't Blizzard's original plan, tho, but a reaction to players complaining about what I explained in my post. Originally, you could only buy the mogs for weapons the class you finished the CMs on could wear. And that was, as I was explaining, very unfair, because some classes could unlock way more skins with a single 9/9 (or however many there were in wod) gold run than other classes.

And I used that explanation to explain to the guy I replied to, that you cannot compare getting all weapons and getting all sets. As originally WoD used the Panda model and that was unfair for the WoD rewards. There was nothing unfair with the Panda model. Everyone got a full set of tmog gear. 100% fair. But that same model didn't work out in WoD as I explained twice. Hence they changed the WoD model to what it is today.

So the WoD model is the fix to a problem. Panda CM rewards don't have that problem, so there is no reason to 'fix' it.

So please, read the context in which I post before accusing me of spreading incorrect information.
    Thank you and have a good day.

The old sets themselves, no, they were earned. But new sets from Challenge modes or other hard small group PvE content? Absolutely. As cool as some of the artifact appearances are, nothing is cooler than a full decked out set of armor to show yourself off in. Aside from my monkey bear, none of the artifact appearances really draw attention. I still marvel at the paladin CM set, because it's just so dang amazing, and you had to work for it.

I have 4 sets from MoP CMs but i wouldnt mind completing the sets for my rogue / DK :P so yeah id like to see them back ingame
    Last edited by Zigrifid; 2017-07-25 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Different sets, NOT the same ones

They could come back but with different circunstances to get them, not in the form of a "timed challenge".
    Maybe in a different format. Or not, maybe keep it as it is.

The question is if you think they should comeback in any way or form.
    "Gear with Unique Animations that is impossible to get once the expansion ends"

Video of the Old Animations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_miwVnvK2Kk
    I always thought they should have just allowed the challenge modes to stay.

They could do it like pvp. Create a template for each spec. When you enter the challenge mode dungeon, it uses your template to make them still relevant.

Either that, or they could have made it like the "herald" achieve. If you want to run them- you have to collect an appropriate set of gear from MOP to qualify for the achieve.

Just get the Order Hall set. It's not exactly the same and lacks the animations, but it is close.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a crack at some of those actual MoP sets but I'm fine with them not coming back. But I'd like the Challenge Mode system to come back and tmog set rewards again. Was something prestigious I could try for without actually having to be a super elite hardcore player.

Yes, as long as they are no longer obtainable in any possible way once next expansion comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Anyway, the Artifact Challenge is Legions "Removed once the expansion ends" Item.
    ...aren't ALL the artifact appearances being discontinued come legion's conclusion?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...aren't ALL the artifact appearances being discontinued come legion's conclusion?
    From what I've read so far

1. You'll get the artifact appearances that you unlocked up to the expansions end as transmog (not sure if spec or class restricted)
    2. You can still unlock new apperances for the artifact, but won't get them as transmog

So yea, in a way all artifact appearances will no longer be obtainable for transmog after the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always assumed they eventually will as a way to get people to come back, they'll just hit it as a panic button and hope.

The cancerous BMAH already exists so unobtainables became obtainable again.

Following that logic it wouldn't ruin anything, and I can see it as being a trunk or something with the full set.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I'd love a crack at some of those actual MoP sets but I'm fine with them not coming back. But I'd like the Challenge Mode system to come back and tmog set rewards again. Was something prestigious I could try for without actually having to be a super elite hardcore player.
    I think the same, i think the sets were an awesome unique idea with the cool animations and everything. Very prestigious to get them.
    Unless ofcourse you would buy your way into it...that's not cool at all, but hey, what can we do about it?

I am not a fan of time gated content.

It's the reason i more and more refuse to play mobile games for example. Everything is about doing this during these specific days and times or you don't have access anymore. As someone with less time to play due to professional life, i like to have the option to do content when it fits my schedule and not feel like i'm missing out on something because of a time deadline. Plenty of that on my work, don't need it on my hobbies.

It's also bad for new players, who will start feeling like they can't have access to this and that anymore because they didn't play the game when it was available.

In this game i think that they should maintain this content especially now that they show us that they have the technology to do things like time walking dungeons and keep it tuned and challenging by scaling you down. (not the case with time walking dungeons as it is, but i'm sure it could be made challenging if they wanted to).
    Mind that i don't want it handed on a plate. There's already a lot of stuff i can farm with no challenge. I would like it to remain challenging.
    So instead of doing this time walking face rolling grind i would prefer that things like MoP challenge modes would be maintained into the game, with effort made to maintain it relevant and challenging, and with the same rewards they had.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the idea of challenge mode gear sets, but i think it could be baked into the current M+ system

say for example, you have to complete every dungeon at +15 with 3 chests.
    Hi