Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Of course, this sort of shit wouldn't happen if you just build the wall.
    I would argue that the problem is that it's already too difficult for people to cross the border legally. If immigrating and gaining citizenship was more viable, fewer people would have to take these sort of risks to try and get into the country.

We don't have Canadians freezing to death in trailers trying to get into the country illegally, and it's a hell of a lot easier for Canadians to cross the border and enter the States.

If the wall were built, this sort of human smuggling would be more common because it would be impossible to make the trip by foot.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    if you are weeding people out at all, you are giving them reason to enter through illegal means.
    you propose unchecked immigration?> while our system is not 100% perfect it works really well and there is no need to change it. the biggest problem my family had (and we have had over 5 people move here in the last 5 years) was getting a green card. one time it was not sent to the right address. they said it was and wouldn't take any other answer so we had to pay $450 to get another one even though it was 100% their fault. and for this important document that requires $450 to replace, no signature required to receive. they just throw it in the mail and hope it arrives, if it doesn't its on the poor immigrant to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Bull. Crap.

Anyone who is in this country illegally is entirely responsible for their own fate.
    I don't think you have to qualify that statement with "illegally". If a bunch of American citizens got into the back of a truck locked by another person voluntarily and died in the back, it would still not be the government's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I would argue that the problem is that it's already too difficult for people to cross the border legally. If immigrating and gaining citizenship was more viable, fewer people would have to take these sort of risks to try and get into the country.

We don't have Canadians freezing to death in trailers trying to get into the country illegally, and it's a hell of a lot easier for Canadians to cross the border and enter the States.

If the wall were built, this sort of human smuggling would be more common because it would be impossible to make the trip by foot.
    Teah, like how easy it is to get into other countries...

Oh wait... it isn't, but fuck it open the flood gates. How about instead of blaming Americans for being cunts, let other countries step the fuck up.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Not really. The problem isn't that immigration laws are too lax. The problem is that they are too complicated and ineffective.
    what part complicates you? i can help. im the one to file for many in my family. serious talk tho, explain yourself and i'll make it all better my child.

Apples and oranges. Canada is a lot more affluent than Mexico or other central American economies. Build the wall, make it harder for the smugglers and easier for law enforcement to catch this sort of thing before tragedies happen.

more viable? explain what you mean by that

also why would canadians want to come to usa? their country is not under siege by cartels, their country has sufficient food and their economy is on a upward trend not stagnate or even worse downward spiral (venezuela). really your thoughts are incomplete and just dont make sense. honestly you represent your state well as i rarely see intricate plans to help, well anything, come from texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The problem is too many people want to come here because other than Canada your only other options are across 2 oceans
    many people come to USA across oceans. my trip was something like 7800 miles

If there was an immigration ban between the US and Canada, illegal immigration would be a non-issue even though there is 2000 miles of unenforced borders. Canadians don't try crossing the border anyway. It isn't a fair comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    more viable? explain what you mean by that

also why would canadians want to come to usa? their country is not under siege by cartels, their country has sufficient food and their economy is on a upward trend not stagnate or even worse downward spiral (venezuela). really your thoughts are incomplete and just dont make sense. honestly you represent your state well as i rarely see intricate plans to help, well anything, come from texas.
    Austinites aren't like other Texans man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Because San Antonio is a Sanctuary City.
    That doesn't prevent ICE from going in and arresting them, local law enforcement and politicians have no power to stop ICE from doing its job. All the 'sanctuary city' moniker implies is that local law enforcement won't assist in their endeavors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Wall, or not, if your looking for a free ride you might just be one of 8 dead in a trailer.
    You think the coyotes are smuggling people into the country for free?

You think the coyotes are smuggling people into the country for free?
    Don't give a fuck for 10 dollars Alex..

Do you think a trip to ER is free in the US?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Don't give a fuck for 10 dollars Alex..

Do you think a trip to ER is free in the US?
    It is also against the law for ERs to turn people away. That is why some people use them as clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just read this sentence back. Goes to show how privileged and undeniably oblivious to whats going on. Do you even watch the news or have PoC friends?
    LOL, why do you label your "friends" poc? Insecurity maybe? You sound like the racist white dude yelling "But my best friend is black!!!1!1!!"..

racist.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Or maby it's the fault of the human traffickers putting them in there.
    You do understand human traffickers operate in certain countries due to the policies and laws of those countries right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    It's the fault of the immigrants rolling the dice and losing. It's the fault of the coyotes egaging in illegal activities. In no way shape or for does government have any responsibility to bear for the stupidity of others. FOH
    Everyone shares blame in this even the US government.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Pretty much how I was going to respond to his trolling.

There's no doubt that immigration laws desperately need an overhaul. But you don't get to ignore them just because you don't agree with them. Until such a time as those issues are addressed, the only ones responsible are those breaking them.
    And you don't get to sweep the deaths of illegal immigrants under the rug simply because they are here illegally. Committing a crime in no way justifies the death of criminals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    This is exactly why you need a strong leader (like Trump) to actually enforce immigration laws so people that might be put in these situations will be deterred from even attempting it. The bigger the deterrent, the less likely this shit is to occur.
    Ever think to consider these supposed deterrents are in fact what is influencing and encouraging this kind of activity? If immigrants had an easier path to gain entry into this country legally perhaps they wouldn't be resorting to extreme measures such as this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How is this the governments fault? It's the fault of the people who died and the smugglers who smuggled them. No one else.
    Maybe you should put some thought into why there is such a high profit in human trafficking in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Did anybody say all? Maybe if you weren't so busy virtue signaling you'd have room in that head for some reasonable thought.
    Stating a fact isn't virtue signaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    don't assume they were innocent just because they ended up dead in a trailer.
    No one deserves to die like that. It is frightening how many sociopaths are on these forums.

7+ Year Old Account
    No matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this is a human tragedy.
    I see what you did there.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You do understand human traffickers operate in certain countries due to the policies and laws of those countries right?

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone shares blame in this even the US government.

- - - Updated - - -

And you don't get to sweep the deaths of illegal immigrants under the rug simply because they are here illegally. Committing a crime in no way justifies the death of criminals.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever think to consider these supposed deterrents are in fact what is influencing and encouraging this kind of activity? If immigrants had an easier path to gain entry into this country legally perhaps they wouldn't be resorting to extreme measures such as this.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should put some thought into why there is such a high profit in human trafficking in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Stating a fact isn't virtue signaling.

- - - Updated - - -

No one deserves to die like that. It is frightening how many sociopaths are on these forums.
    Nope. Since when is it ok to just ignore the law because you think it's unfair? The coyotes and the immigrants themselves are solely to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Nope. Since when is it ok to just ignore the law because you think it's unfair? The coyotes and the immigrants themselves are solely to blame
    Wanting to live is apparently such a heinous crime by your standards.

If there's going to be a law that forces to you give up your life for ridiculous reasons, I hope you can still sing to that same tune.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    http://m.chron.com/news/local/articl...r-11308288.php

No matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this is a human tragedy. Nobody wants to die in a hot trailer. These people were failed by both their own government and the US government.
    YEAH! If only they took the proper channels for immigration they would of only died from cartel violence, malnutrition, and long-term joblessness which exacerbated their soul-crushing poverty. If only they were like hypothetical me who would of applied LEGALLY, and waited for 10-20 years in a failed drug state of Mexico or Honduras and survived long enough to cross!