Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Hearthstone Comics.

Did we ever learn what Christie Goldens job was at Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    I really really don't like Christie Golden's writing. But, on the other hand, it's a thousand times better than the writing behind the Warcraft movie.
    To be fair, DJ didn't make the script on his own, since you can see the difference between Horde and Alliance story.
    If he can make Tides of Darkness solo (which should be easy, since we already have orcs background set up now and adapting material from book is right there) then sequel should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why can't blizzard actually get a quality writer. There are SO MANY options. But hey it's blizzard, why try.
    Yeah I agree...
    Her writing feels like fan-fiction to me. I cringed so hard when I read war crimes...
    All the main characters felt so out of character, that I started to root for Garrosh...

I really really don't like Christie Golden's writing. But, on the other hand, it's a thousand times better than the writing behind the Warcraft movie.

So yeah Blizzard. Getting quality writers is a big win, you know?
    She used "Yet" twice in one sentence...

So yeah Blizzard. Getting quality writers is a big win, you know?
    Quality writers are not interested with writing books for companies.

the whole pve race is a big joke when there are devs communicating with players during the progression.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmalta View Post
    She used "Yet" twice in one sentence...
    Yet she did not use yet three times! High Seas expansion confirmed?

Deleted
    "the initial state of the boss was broken and overtuned "

This says alot about the competence of the blizzard dev/testing team .
    They just release anything these days .People tell them about the problems on the PTR but they just choose to ignore everything .
    Same thing with the state of class balance . Seldom there has been a gap this big between top and bottom dps spec's .
    For example :

"We were trying out a Mage/Retribution Paladin for a while but came to the conclusion to bench those classes relatively quickly."

Ret is getting a 3% overall buff (rofl) next reset . Should have been more like 30% ?
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2017-07-24 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post

This says alot about the competence of the blizzard dev team .
    They just release anything these days .People tell them about the problems on the PTR but they just choose to ignore everything .
    Same thing with the state of class balance . Seldom there has been a gap this big between top and bottom dps spec's .
    For example :

"We were trying out a Mage/Retribution Paladin for a while but came to the conclusion to bench those classes relatively quickly."

Ret is getting a 3% overall buff (rofl) next reset . Should have been more like 30% ?
    You mean Blizz testing team, the way an encounter is tuned is all about the testing, not development.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    How is voice chat not professional, some (including me) prefer it as it gives insight into the thought process while a boss pull is going on, and they did do nerd screams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z8dR6HSG6c
    World first kill videos =/= Guide videos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltharion View Post
    You mean Blizz testing team, the way an encounter is tuned is all about the testing, not development.
    Fixed , thx bud ;-) .

The entitlement of the method players are astonishing. Of course you should need gear from ToS to be able to clear it. They are acting like they have the right to be able to clear it with the gear they already have with them going in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The entitlement of the method players are astonishing. Of course you should need gear from ToS to be able to clear it. They are acting like they have the right to be able to clear it with the gear they already have with them going in.
    you are utterly clueless:

some historical perspective, Paragon got world first heroic ragnaros 25 with half of their main team wearing full T11 heroic gear including the BiS sinestra drops, not a single piece of firelands gear on them, pray tell me oh mr high and mighty, were they also 'entitled' when they downed it at the time in the gear they had and expecting a clear to come?
    let me answer that for you, no they were not, and neither are method, the boss is purely a mechanics fight, execute it properly and in an appropriate level of gear you will down it, and that's what they did after blizz realise how badly they fucked up the tuning and actually started fixing it based on feedback given during PTR testing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    Yeah I agree...
    Her writing feels like fan-fiction to me. I cringed so hard when I read war crimes...
    All the main characters felt so out of character, that I started to root for Garrosh...
    The entire thing read like an Alliance echo-chamber for their Horde-related gripes. Definitely one of her worst WC books... :|

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you are utterly clueless:

some historical perspective, Paragon got world first heroic ragnaros 25 with half of their main team wearing full T11 heroic gear including the BiS sinestra drops, not a single piece of firelands gear on them, pray tell me oh mr high and mighty, were they also 'entitled' when they downed it at the time in the gear they had and expecting a clear to come?
    let me answer that for you, no they were not, and neither are method, the boss is purely a mechanics fight, execute it properly and in an appropriate level of gear you will down it, and that's what they did after blizz realise how badly they fucked up the tuning and actually started fixing it based on feedback given during PTR testing.
    Then again, Method has never nor will ever be as good as Paragon and SK Gaming was. And that's a fact.
    That is why.

Christie Golden can't even write a simple tweet properly

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Quality writers are not interested with writing books for companies.
    I would as a company go on my hands and knees to patrick rothfuss, elizabeth moon, david weber and beg them with piles of money to write. It would improve the series so much

finally another novel i need some new fantasy book to reads

Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post

This says alot about the competence of the blizzard dev/testing team .
    I don't think you have a clue how good Method and Exorsus people are and how much it must be difficult for people at Blizzard to give them a challenge, as nobody is skilled enough to know how they will try to defeat the encounter.

So yeah, they cannot test it completely internally or it would be too easy for Method/Exorsus

It's always been like that, the world first guilds are really doing the QA of mythic mode.

They hired mythic raiders to do testing for them, but unless they recruit Method themselves, it's kind of impossible to tune it properly for them and not have the Xavius mistake of a too easy encounter.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-07-24 at 04:22 PM.