10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm more talking about comparisons to his book counterpart where his motivations remain more ambiguous. Here he's this close to advocating for democracy. But the show is its own thing after all.

Also Sansa continually undermining Jon's authority was stupid to be honest, especially given that he told her to not do that in the prior episode.
    But she and the other lords have a fair point. Targaryen or not, the Starks as of late have been pretty damn unlucky when getting invited to another castle...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm so glad to finally see some action in the last 10-15 minutes, I don't mind that there's a lot of build up going on but at this point I was just falling asleep. Euron came over as a badass and I'm so glad to see the Sand Snakes being brought to their knees. I found the romance between Ellaria and Yara to be out of place though, glad that got cut with some bombarding. I can't wait to see what will happen to Ellaria.

I somewhat thought that Arya already knew that the Boltons were defeated. Because if they weren't, then why wouldn't she go for them before going Cersei? It were the Boltons who killed Robb in the first place, and then took over their home. I liked the reunion with Nymeria for what it was, I wonder if we'll see her again.
    she was at The Twins which is kinda in the middle between Winterfell and Kings Landing. probably figured that it would be easier to take out an unsuspecting Cersei by way of impersonating a servant girl than it would be to attack the Boltons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    But she and the other lords have a fair point. Targaryen or not, the Starks as of late have been pretty damn unlucky when getting invited to another castle...
    She does have a point, but don't yell it in front of the entire court and undermine Jon's authority.

Plus, at this point, what are the options? When Lich King lite is knocking at your door, now's not the time to stay in your hole and hope things work out. Jon needs dragonglass, and he needs dragons too. Dany has both.

10+ Year Old Account
    She does have a point, but don't yell it in front of the entire court and undermine Jon's authority.

Plus, at this point, what are the options? When Lich King lite is knocking at your door, now's not the time to stay in your hole and hope things work out. Jon needs dragonglass, and he needs dragons too. Dany has both.
    I wonder though if he would have been so eager to go if Tyrion had added in his message that Dany wants him to bend the knee

10+ Year Old Account
    The Starks have been taking L's since Roberts Rebellion. Hell, theyve pretty much been the stepping mat for generations, always getting betrayed or having their sense of morality bit them in the ass. Maybe Jon has seen enough the world to call for an independent North free of the other kingdoms. Jon is experienced enough to best Dany but his is notoriously naive and short sighted...like most Stark kings.

Anyone notice Jons new accent and vernacular? It had me going even if it seemed over the top and a bit out of character. Its like he was rejecting "the kings speech" and picking up Wildling mannerisms. Maybe it was just overacting but I definitely noticed a change.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The Nymeria scene was nothing like I expected which is awesome. It makes sense for Arya to kinda let Nymeria go and live her own free life just like she did.
    Did no one pay attention to the scene? The last thing Arya said was that that wasn't Nymeria after all.

My guess is that was probably one of her pups.

10+ Year Old Account
    A curiosity: these northern lords sure are spending a lot of time at Winterfell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma Vector View Post
    Did no one pay attention to the scene? The last thing Arya said was that that wasn't Nymeria after all.

I don't think so... pretty sure that was in regards to Nymeria declining the offer to come with Arya and return to Winterfell or back to the Stark "pack" but Nymeria heads a new pack now and wouldn't leave them but Arya still needs to return to her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Have arguments of just fan mean rubbish?
    Yes, since it clearly went over your head: Someone who can't even form a complete, coherent sentence has no right criticizing the writing of anyone else.

But by all means, feel free to claim that English isn't your first language, which I'm sure will be your attempt at an excuse. It always is with people like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    A curiosity: these northern lords sure are spending a lot of time at Winterfell
    Aren't their armies there? Winterfell is the HQ for the war to come after all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I loved Ariana's "I hate being objectified, stop treating me like that, I'm more than that. Oh, here's my new single about being being fucked so good over the weekend that I'm still walking funny", so she can be cast as a whore. Maybe she can be a handmaiden that loves dothraki man meat.

Can't wait for Dany to find out her super awesome plan has completely shit the bed already with the Greyjoy's and the Martell's being wiped out.
    Im not sure if the entire fleet was destroyed. You also have the North who will love nothing more but to fuck over the Lannisters. I can see Jon gladly filling that void if it means not going to KL and a swift end to the Dany vs Cersei fight.

Im still hanging onto my prediction that the Whites are going cause any kind of resolution to the war to come to a swift end.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I loved Ariana's "I hate being objectified, stop treating me like that, I'm more than that. Oh, here's my new single about being being fucked so good over the weekend that I'm still walking funny", so she can be cast as a whore. Maybe she can be a handmaiden that loves dothraki man meat.
    lol IKR - just another dumb young popstar. And nobody cares that 14 year old girls walk around reciting the lyrics.

I'm more talking about comparisons to his book counterpart where his motivations remain more ambiguous. Here he's this close to advocating for democracy. But the show is its own thing after all.

Also Sansa continually undermining Jon's authority was stupid to be honest, especially given that he told her to not do that in the prior episode.
    SERIOUSLY with Sansa. Like didn't they just have this discussion?? They're going overboard with the "powerful women" bit. I watch alot of reaction videos and most of the women act annoyed when Sansa undermines him because it's not a gender thing, it's a common sense thing. So if it's audience pandering then it ain't working.

I just barely started the book and haven't gotten to anything with Varys yet. Lots of characters have deviated from the books though I hear. Euron being one of them. Someone even told me that Robb isn't a POV character in the books, yet in the show he's the main protagonist from season 2 till season 4.

ps regarding Sansa - she calmed down immediately when Jon gave her the reigns. IDK if that's a signal she could be yearning for power or control

I don't think so... pretty sure that was in regards to Nymeria declining the offer to come with Arya and return to Winterfell or back to the Stark "pack" but Nymeria heads a new pack now and wouldn't leave them but Arya still needs to return to her own.
    And, again, did you not pay attention to the scene?

She said -- in no uncertain terms, either -- that that wasn't Nymeria, and she clearly had a look of joy when she made that realization.

Don't know... characters like Varys, Littlefinger, Tyrion feel like empty shells this season. Where is their witty dialogue? The writing seems to be quite poor so far. Even Jon and Sansa are acting like retards, Sansa continuously undermining Jon in public, etc. Davos used to have great lines as well, but now: "What breaths fire?" Duhhh
    Although Missandei is hot as fuck that scene was bullshit.

I liked Arya and Hot Pie. Euron was cool too.

I wonder though if he would have been so eager to go if Tyrion had added in his message that Dany wants him to bend the knee
    His bannermen would have lost their shit that's for sure.

I'm not sure Jon himself would have raged much. He accepted the position of King because it helps him on his quest, not because he wants to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't their armies there? Winterfell is the HQ for the war to come after all
    Yup, they never left after outting the Boltens (spelling) because they went straight into reforming the kingdom and dealing with the coming Whites.

Remember the North has been a conflict zone for years now, theres a lot of diplomatic house cleaning. And why go home before planning for the Whites?

It was Nymeria. What she said was a callback to a conversation that she and Ned had back in season 1. D&D even discuss this since in the aftershow. "That's not you" means that Nymeria has her own life now, just like Arya didn't want to be some wife popping out babies in some castle.

She said -- in no uncertain terms, either -- that that wasn't Nymeria, and she clearly had a look of joy when she made that realization.
    You're getting it wrong. She meant that it wasn't the wolf's destiny to be her pet at Winterfell. The wolf leads a pack now. Remember when Ned told Arya that one day she would be married and her sons would be lords, and she said "That's not me"? That's what the scene with the wolf was about.

She made a reference to what she had told Ned in earlier seasons: "that's not me" when Ned told her she had a bright future as the wife of a lord in a castle somewhere. In a sense Nymeria told her the same thing in this scene by turning around and going her separate way.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll rewatch it again when I get home but that wasn't the way I interpreted it and some others on reddit read it my way too but I'll double check. Seems kind of crazy though that one of Nymerias pups would already be that size when even Ghost isn't that large