View Poll Results: Would you give up your pet for your soulmate?

Voters
105. This poll is closed
  • Nope, me and my pet are in it for life.

60 57.14%
  • Yep, For the perfect soulmate

45 42.86%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like we've found the reason why forum trolls are all single cat owners. 70% wouldn't give up their pet LOL oh well more for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade one financial burden for another.

Can I put them all in the same box, leave it on the side of the road and just go away as a free man?

I know "life" won't allow it, but it's good to dream.

Deleted
    has been said like 20 times already but anyways, if my "soulmate" was allergic (like seriously allergic) to pets then sorry buddy, but humans>animals, but hating pets ? how is someone who despises something i love my soulmate ? not beeing a fan, fine, but this can be talked over, but hating animals so much you can't be bothered to just accept them as part of the deal ? definately not my soulmate there

she has 3 cats, I don't think she would be bothered by mine

Bitch, I knew my cat longer than I knew you existed. I ain't giving up this little fuzzy shitstain, no matter how many times he claws on my love seat.

Couldn't answer, sorry. Mostly because one of the defining characteristics of my soul mate (already have one, but its fun to hypothesize) would be an incredible love for my dog, and all future dogs, and maybe a cat or 2 if they're cool. Kinda hard to plan a future with someone who doesn't like or can't be around dogs when I've already planned for at least 4 more in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no. If I had the German shepard or husky I've been wanting for the longest time she can go right the fuck home. I'm not going to abandon my best friend for some selfish bitch. Now if she were allergic, I don't know. That'd be a really hard decision. I don't think I have an answer for that right now.

Also once I hear her say this she immediately would go from being perfect to unattractive real fast. So I wouldn't even think twice about my decision.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-07-20 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    No, I´d try to somehow give my pet to parents, somewhere I know it would be taken care of and close enough for me to visit it. But if there would be no option like this, there´s no way I would give away my pet, eventhough I´d love to be with my soulmate. I woouldn´t be able to leave my pet in the shelter, never !

Anyone who hates my pet is not my soulmate.

Nonsensical premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post

Nonsensical premise.
    ^ so much this.

Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    if someone was really your soulmate, they wouldnt make you give up your pet and/or they wouldnt have any issues with animals
    Yup.
    The love of one's life is a complete deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally not a pet person but I wouldn't ask someone to get rid of their pets. That said, "pet" ladies are inherently bat shit, so wouldn't qualify as a "love of my life" in the first place. This is why the stereotypical "cat lady" is alone. Placing the value of animal over that of a human is irrational and irrational people are stupid.

Also, there's no such thing as "love of your life", "soul mate", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Also, there's no such thing as "love of your life", "soul mate", etc.
    Sure there is...

Deleted
    I'd get rid of my pet if he was my soulmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post

Nonsensical premise.
    This right here.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

I would not have a soulmate that hated animals because I love them and therefore they would not be my soulmate.

I would also not date someone with cat/dog allergies. Pets are a part of my life and always will be and so I would not even consider a relationship with someone who was allergic.

Also, I don't believe in "soulmates". I love my husband more than life, we have been together almost 20 years and I am only 34. He is the only man I have ever been with in any way, a date,a kiss, sex. If he were to die tomorrow, I am sure at some point I would move on and have another relationship. I would expect and want him to do the same thing if I were to die. I want him to be happy. I would want him to move on and enjoy life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Looks like we've found the reason why forum trolls are all single cat owners. 70% wouldn't give up their pet LOL oh well more for me!
    I wouldn't give up my pets, we have 4 cats. Happily married for 11 years, together for 20. Hubby wants a dog, so do I but we have not gotten one yet.

Deleted
    Meh, I have no pets anyway because I'm allergic to furry things myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in soul mates, but for the sake of argument lets say "soul mates" exist, in which case I would give up my pet.

Deleted
    Obviously, I'm not one of those ''Dogs are better than people'' people, animals are great they're cute and they're cuddly, but not as great as a person.

Depends. If it was due to allergies than I would; I have family members who would be happy to take a cat in. I'd know that it'd have a good home and I could see it once in awhile. If it was because she just hated cats...I dunno, that's a bit tougher. I dislike dogs, myself, so I can kind of understand that.