Poll: Are you going to quit if they decide to keep titanforge?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if you are a high end, world/server first or hit mythic raiding ASAP type person, then you are already putting in a lot of time by choice. If you then choose to chase back, your choice!!! And no one blames you.

If you choose to run that old content every week, good luck to you getting it, if you don't like doing it, DON'T!! And especially don't come here and whine about it. Blizzard give choice n options and we complain about that in the same way people complained about no choice or options. They can't win with everyone, so they try to sit in the middle, in this case by giving people who don't put as much time in the chance for something good, or those that DO put the time in, an additional chance for more gear.

The bottom line is, if you do not want to do old content, don't. If you feel the need because the level you are playing it demands it, either do it and shut up about it as that is your choice, or lower your raiding level commensurate with your play time and desires.

And by claiming people are getting it for no effort shows the level of snowflakeability we are dealing with here. You do not want anyone not doing Mythic to have something at your level because you are the only ones that can have it <throw teddy in corner>. Someone else's hour is as taxing to them as yours, we are all clicking on a mouse and a keyboard. If you have to hike to the top of a mountain whilst playing to complete achievements, then I would back you and say you did more than the next guy scratching his nuts on the couch.

I do not feel the need to do it, I'm a casual raider, I don't need BiS to have fun, just a fun raid team. I do these old raids drunk for a laugh. Therefore, TF is a nicety when it happens, but it is a low chance and doesn't hurt anyone who isn't willingly participating.

Deleted
    Replace TItan Forged with Void Touched

Deleted
    I already quit from raiding anything above Normal.

Don't have time or patience tbh, it's been a great ride of 14 years of harcore raiding but I rather stay back and just enjoy the lore moving forward.

Plus, i got other games to play tbh I love to experience the lore and not raiding te same thing every other week.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol no. Nobody is going to quit if they don't get rid of one of the best systems they've ever come up with. It's only "bad" for a fraction of the 3% of players that raid Mythic. Why would they get rid of something that's good for literally everyone else? Don't be silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see why titanforged is something that could make anyone quit..

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who only plays and raids casually these days, I couldn't care less about the system. For me it generally means that once in a long while I get lucky and roll a much better version of an item than usual.

I just look at it as a bonus, which I think is all it was ever really meant to be.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's not as bad as Legendary system which is hate to the bone.

Though would rather see limits on it. Like TF - max 15 ilvl increase, WF - max 10 ilvl increase.
    So people who do Heroic could get same item level as mythic raiders, but LFR couldn't. I think that's fair.

I agree with most of your points. Though I like WQuests more than Dailies(but they're both kinda lame and boring).
    And I kinda like M+.
    Do you have any idea how extremely unlikely it is for an LFR item to TF high enough to be current Mythic level? Most people will likely never get one, though they might see someone in their LFR get one. It's that unlikely. A better bandaid solution would be to just make all non-Mythic raid items cap out 5~ ilevels below the current tier Mythic ilevel. The better longterm fix would be to just fix the issues with Mythic raiding that necessitates this, ie the abuse of split farming and such.

Deleted
    Of course not. Why is this a question? Or even a poll?

Are you going to kill yourself/quit life because someone in another country won a lottery and life isn't fair?

TF just doesn't happen enough to be even relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Honestly I think I'd quit if they DIDN'T have it.
    This. I love titanforge. I love that no matter what there will always be new gear for me from the highest level of content I'm running.

lol no, i don't even notice it
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, I quit after several months of Legion. Titanforge had absolutely nothing to do with it; AK/AP/Legendaries are the main things that drove me away, playing multiple specs and classes is fucking terrible thanks to AP and Legendaries being tied individual specs.
    AK makes it stupid easy. My druid has all 4 weapons at 52+ and it took zero effort. I don't grind AP, I do emissaries and honestly that's it. AP is such a passive grind.

Quote Originally Posted by lesharc23 View Post
    I hate the titanforge system more than anything and if they decide to keep it I don't know if I can see myself playing next xpac.
    Why? Because someone else can get a higher ilvl piece of gear than you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't quit. But I really fucking hate the system. Warforging +5 is fine, but titanforging removes part of the feeling of progression.

They need to remove titanforge/warforge, RNG legendaries and the current weapon system.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    What do you mean, Objectively content is easier later in the expansion, not only after it's been nerfed, but also when better gear is more readily available. Yes to do mythic you will still have to do mechanics, but the room for mistakes, and DPS checks are MUCH lower with an extra 20 ilvls on the entire raid.

There's really no reason that old raids can drop something, gear-wise, they couldn't when they were current. It just doesn't make sense. The raid didn't get harder to account for this new possible loot, in fact since better gear is now easier to obtain, it got easier.

I would care so much less about the system if it was just the old Thunderforged/Warforged system, where it was a static increase, because then at least it wouldn't scale up infinitely.
    You're right, despite the fact that gear from older content has the ability to upgrade to current ilevels, it is actually more time consuming to obtain (and thus, harder, apparently) to get than gear from current content.

Your argument can boil down to "I don't want to do older content, so why does Blizzard force me to?" Spoiler Alter: THEY DON'T

A large portion of people crying about WoW can be boiled down to "I feel forced to do X" which is completely asinine. You have the choice to do whichever content you desire in the game.

Titanforge everything. Titanforge my follower missions. Titanforge tradechat. Titanforge the auction house!

Anything to drive off more whiners.

I think it's a dumb system, but there's no way it'd be the only reason I'd quit the game.

Titanforged is healthy for the game!

Just try to guess what the next expansion is going to be called...Voidforged?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Do you have any idea how extremely unlikely it is for an LFR item to TF high enough to be current Mythic level? Most people will likely never get one, though they might see someone in their LFR get one. It's that unlikely. A better bandaid solution would be to just make all non-Mythic raid items cap out 5~ ilevels below the current tier Mythic ilevel. The better longterm fix would be to just fix the issues with Mythic raiding that necessitates this, ie the abuse of split farming and such.
    I think that having a cap in TF(like I said) is a better option, otherwise there will be people with items with heroic level from LFR, which I think wouldn't be fair.

Though your idea is not that bad and I'd like to see that if mine wouldn't be implemented.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I don't hate it, either.
    Why? It has no real bearing on anything that I do.
    Raids are not tuned around having TF gear, so it's fine.
    If other players have TF gear, good for them.
    Doesn't bother me.
    I actually prefer raid team to get TF on their bonus rolls and such because it removes them from the pool of needing an item for that slot.

The only thing I don't like about it is the ilvl inflation, and thus, the power inflation that is caused by items sometimes being like 25-30ish ilvls over their native state.
    I mean, the difference between all 800 blues and all 900 epics is pretty crazy, in % terms, and I would venture a guess just as great, if not greater, than previous xpacs from start to finish, and Legion has another tier yet.
    That's really it, but otherwise, I don't care.