Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You do understand human traffickers operate in certain countries due to the policies and laws of those countries right?
    First, calling it "human trafficking" is a bit hyperbolic, given that it typically refers to people being forced or coerced into exploitive servitude. People paying someone to transport them across the border doesn't exactly qualify as "human trafficking". Second, human traffickers operate in certain countries because there's a market for it, not because of immigration laws.

Everyone shares blame in this even the US government.
    No, they don't.

And you don't get to sweep the deaths of illegal immigrants under the rug simply because they are here illegally. Committing a crime in no way justifies the death of criminals.
    Of course not. But nor does it make the government's fault, even if them resorting to such measures is a direct result of immigration laws. It's a pretty basic deduction: Until the laws are changed, immigrants have two options: Obey them or break them. If they choose to break them, they alone are responsible for their choice. The don't have a right to be/come here, especially when doing so is in direct conflict with the law. This is the equivalent of blaming a merchant on a busy street because someone who robbed them got hit by a car while trying to escape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If banks just left piles of money sitting out in front of the bank, of course there would be more bank robbers. That doesn't mean that there is no culpability for those who steal the money, but much of it is the banks fault. If the government was to adequately protect against illegal immigration, it would deter far more people from attempting to get here through illegal methods.
    Bullshit. Nothing will stop humans, desperate for a better quality of life for their families, from emigrating from cartel wars, poverty, joblessness. The only way you stop immigration is to create a police state like North Korea, or a nascent country like South Sudan in the midst of a bloody civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    http://m.chron.com/news/local/articl...r-11308288.php

No matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this is a human tragedy. Nobody wants to die in a hot trailer. These people were failed by both their own government and the US government.
    The US government did not fail these people. There is a line and if you try and cut infront you pay a heavy price. You cannot as a sovereign entity allow others to freely come as they please. You would not let a stranger into you home would you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Nope. Since when is it ok to just ignore the law because you think it's unfair? The coyotes and the immigrants themselves are solely to blame
    Since they put themselves and their children into a trailer to find a better life. It doesn't matter if you have a 50' wall, 50,000 border guards, and desert snakes with laserbeams on their backs, you cannot stop human migration.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    YEAH! If only they took the proper channels for immigration they would of only died from cartel violence, malnutrition, and long-term joblessness which exacerbated their soul-crushing poverty. If only they were like hypothetical me who would of applied LEGALLY, and waited for 10-20 years in a failed drug state of Mexico or Honduras and survived long enough to cross!
    Then let's be start and abolish the border. That way, all the drug cartel can flood in instead of dripping in using smugglers pretending to be immigrants to soften your hearts to anything.

I'm for fixing the system. I will never support people line jumping BECAUSE of the people spending ridiculous sums of money and time to enter legitimately. What better way to say our immigration is shit by rewarding the people who completely sidestep it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I never said anything about them deserving a death sentence. I was just pointing out that the blame was being placed everywhere but on the people who made the actual decision to use illegal methods to enter the country.

- - - Updated - - -

What war-torn country were they from? The article states that no nationalities were known. Considering the truck was in San Antonio, I'd probably be pretty safe in assuming the truck traveled into the country from Mexico. Mexico, while dangerous, is not a war torn country. There are even part of Mexico that are not under constant siege from drug lords that could have moved to. They made a conscious decision to work with criminals to illegally transport them into another country. That decision is on them regardless of whatever motivations they may have had. Perhaps it was a gamble that they thought was worth the danger, but it is still their responsibility.
    What you and others in this thread are willfully ignoring is that nothing will stop human migration, save for a police state like North Korea, where people die trying to escape from it. These people who load up their families on boats, trailers, etc. can't wait for the legal channels to grant them entry. Once you understand why they are doing this, you can understand the only humane solution.

Since they put themselves and their children into a trailer to find a better life. It doesn't matter if you have a 50' wall, 50,000 border guards, and desert snakes with laserbeams on their backs, you cannot stop human migration.
    Loled at that. Should have "frickin' laser beams " better effect though.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Wanting to live is apparently such a heinous crime by your standards.

If there's going to be a law that forces to you give up your life for ridiculous reasons, I hope you can still sing to that same tune.
    I'm coming to live in your house this week, because i cant handle the living conditions in my house anymore. If i die during the move you share some of the blame. k?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL if you say so. The land belongs to those who can defend and keep it. That's the nature of conquest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Then let's be start and abolish the border. That way, all the drug cartel can flood in instead of dripping in using smugglers pretending to be immigrants to soften your hearts to anything.

I'm for fixing the system. I will never support people line jumping BECAUSE of the people spending ridiculous sums of money and time to enter legitimately. What better way to say our immigration is shit by rewarding the people who completely sidestep it?
    It will take a myriad of actions that will take generations to change. First, change the policy on drug consumption and manufacturing in the US, second the US needs to spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year for decades to stomp out illegal drug operations, modernize Central and South American economies, which will invariably lead to a North American Union, strengthening federal enforcement and trade/business.

Who cares about your support or value judgements of an immigrant? It's about creating a policy that enriches both the US and the immigrant, which "illegal" immigration already does in spades.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL if you say so. The land belongs to those who can defend and keep it. That's the nature of conquest.
    Ok conservative internet hero and veteran of the meme wars, can't wait to hear about all your conquests of cuckistan.

It will take a myriad of actions that will take generations to change. First, change the policy on drug consumption and manufacturing in the US, second the US needs to spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year for decades to stomp out illegal drug operations, modernize Central and South American economies, which will invariably lead to a North American Union, strengthening federal enforcement and trade/business.

Who cares about your support or value judgements of an immigrant? It's about creating a policy that enriches both the US and the immigrant, which "illegal" immigration already does in spades.
    Oh fuck.

I want marijuana legalized, if only so we can all shut the fuck up about it. Legalizing weed, all drugs, will not kill cartels.

1. They deal in more than drugs. Are you open to completely deregulating guns to stop gun running? How about prostitution to (fail at) stopping human trafficking for the purpose of prostitution?

2. Us legalizing drugs doesn't do shit about other countries/their own.

3. Until dispensaries can produce cheaper weed than slave labor cartels, the black market will never cease to exist.

I'm sure not buying drugs will end the violence and bribery they use to control Mexico, right?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's not an issue of letting everyone in, although I think there are strong arguments for completely open borders. The real issue is that we have a bad system which encourages people not to come here legally. Coming here legally is needlessly complex, expensive, and time intensive. If we have a simple, fast, cheap system, people would be encouraged to get in line where we can properly weed them out and deal with them on the books. If you give people the impression they are better off coming here in a trailer, they will.

The idea that the problems are going to follow them is absurd. Many are trying to escape drug wars that are being fueled by American dollars. Those wars are not being fought here like they are there.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't blame people for trying to escape war-torn countries, because I would too and you are a hypocrite because you know you would as well.
    Have you ever been to the US southern border? I lived in El Paso for 3 years, and i would have to tell you, you dont want that to be an open border. Literally every single border town on the Mexico side is completely controlled by cartels, and is ridiculously violent. Everyday when i woke up, i would look over the border (about 5 miles from where i lived, down hill) and there was black smoke pouring out of a building or tire fire. Gun shots heard all hours of the day, bodies washing up in the river. It is complete madness there, and you would advocate for free and easy border crossing? which would mean no security check points, and endless amounts of space to have to monitor. As it is right now, if people are cruising across the border, in illegal crossing points, its pretty obvious that they need to be checked out. With open borders, literally endless amounts of roads crossing with cars going in and out at an uncontrollable rate. It might "feel good" to have totally open borders, but from an operational security standpoint, fuck that. Simply put, the US government has a mandate to keep US citizens alive and well, while we might render aid to other countries, our US Citizen come first and foremost in the USA. Do i feel bad for these people? yes i do, do i feel like our immigration policies are a fucking mess? yes i do, but i don't think we should toy with the lives of own citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It was either a faulty refrigeration unit or it was turned off deliberately.
    That seems like really bad business if you are killing your customers... additionally I imagine 8 dead bodies attracts far more attention than 8 illegal aliens.

There is a 3rd possibility a sad concoction of hope and ignorance. Hope on the immigrants side, ignorance on the smugglers side.

I'm coming to live in your house this week, because i cant handle the living conditions in my house anymore. If i die during the move you share some of the blame. k?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so you don't mind if refugees came to conquer your house and defend and keep it, yes?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

- - - Updated - - -

Some people have likened it to an invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    That seems like really bad business if you are killing your customers... additionally I imagine 8 dead bodies attracts far more attention than 8 illegal aliens.

There is a 3rd possibility a sad concoction of hope and ignorance. Hope on the immigrants side, ignorance on the smugglers side.
    The coyotes don't really care once they get their dinero.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Ok conservative internet hero and veteran of the meme wars, can't wait to hear about all your conquests of cuckistan.
    First off, i have go to hand it to someone bashing veterans, you sure are a key board bad ass man!!! Believe it or not, people who work in the whole national security field, tend to know more about national security, but i digress.

Secondly, while it would be fantastic if central, and south America would would shape up and even accept the help of the US, its not happening anytime soon. Chile, Belize, and a few other examples are heading in the right direction, but most countries in the south don't even want our help, they want our money. Most of those counties are run by tyrannical regimes that will continue to carry on business as usual. The only way to really get reform down there is to literally put US interests at the forefront and do some good ole 'Nation Building'. But that will never happen, so unfortunately, a lot of those places will continue to live about 100 years in the past.

Mexico has promise, but they need to throw the whole "due process" thing out the window to deal with cartels at this point. They need to just be deemed enemy combatants and they US and Mexico should just wipe them off the face of the fucking planet, they're a cancer. "modern Society" would be great, but so many don't want to be a part of it, what are the rest of us suppose to do? treat them like the native Americas and give them some "nice warm blankets"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh fuck.

I want marijuana legalized, if only so we can all shut the fuck up about it. Legalizing weed, all drugs, will not kill cartels.

1. They deal in more than drugs. Are you open to completely deregulating guns to stop gun running? How about prostitution to (fail at) stopping human trafficking for the purpose of prostitution?

2. Us legalizing drugs doesn't do shit about other countries/their own.

3. Until dispensaries can produce cheaper weed than slave labor cartels, the black market will never cease to exist.

I'm sure not buying drugs will end the violence and bribery they use to control Mexico, right?
    Regulating and monitoring the usage of drugs will invalidate the stranglehold cartels have on the market. They will be bleeding out billions of dollars in cash into legitimate business operations, and their infrastructure will be purchased by legitimate shipping carriers, farmers, etc.

Drug sales are the kingpin of all of their ancillary operations like human trafficking and gun running, because they use the exact same methods of transportation and infrastructure. Doubly so, human trafficking as a means to immigrate will floor if the US/Canada/Central America came into a economic/legal agreement such as the NAU that would make migration and business more streamlined.

The US legalizing drugs would radically change the course of both Central and South American countries for the better.

Marijuana isn't the cartel's cash crop, they have moved on to heroin, meth, cocaine. You regulate and monitor those, you eliminate their profit center.

It most certainly will, because it will force their senior leadership and mid level managers to go legitimate, pouring billions of cash into productive businesses into the North American economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    First off, i have go to hand it to someone bashing veterans, you sure are a key board bad ass man!!! Believe it or not, people who work in the whole national security field, tend to know more about national security, but i digress.

Secondly, while it would be fantastic if central, and south America would would shape up and even accept the help of the US, its not happening anytime soon. Chile, Belize, and a few other examples are heading in the right direction, but most countries in the south don't even want our help, they want our money. Most of those counties are run by tyrannical regimes that will continue to carry on business as usual. The only way to really get reform down there is to literally put US interests at the forefront and do some good ole 'Nation Building'. But that will never happen, so unfortunately, a lot of those places will continue to live about 100 years in the past.

Mexico has promise, but they need to throw the whole "due process" thing out the window to deal with cartels at this point. They need to just be deemed enemy combatants and they US and Mexico should just wipe them off the face of the fucking planet, they're a cancer. "modern Society" would be great, but so many don't want to be a part of it, what are the rest of us suppose to do? treat them like the native Americas and give them some "nice warm blankets"?
    Oh sorry for denigrating the conservative internet heroes valiant service during the meme wars on 4chan to fight off cuckistan, and his stories of conquest. That was pepe of me.

They would accept the help of the US if we made a union, similar to what Europe has done. This will open up new opportunities for American business as well as the QoL improvements that are needed in Central America.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Regulating and monitoring the usage of drugs will invalidate the stranglehold cartels have on the market. They will be bleeding out billions of dollars in cash into legitimate business operations, and their infrastructure will be purchased by legitimate shipping carriers, farmers, etc.

Drug sales are the kingpin of all of their ancillary operations like human trafficking and gun running, because they use the exact same methods of transportation and infrastructure. Doubly so, human trafficking as a means to immigrate will floor if the US/Canada/Central America came into a economic/legal agreement such as the NAU that would make migration and business more streamlined.

The US legalizing drugs would radically change the course of both Central and South American countries for the better.

Marijuana isn't the cartel's cash crop, they have moved on to heroin, meth, cocaine. You regulate and monitor those, you eliminate their profit center.

It most certainly will, because it will force their senior leadership and mid level managers to go legitimate, pouring billions of cash into productive businesses into the North American economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry for denigrating the conservative internet heroes valiant service during the meme wars on 4chan to fight off cuckistan, and his stories of conquest. That was pepe of me.

They would accept the help of the US if we made a union, similar to what Europe has done. This will open up new opportunities for American business as well as the QoL improvements that are needed in Central America.
    I mean, if we were to make a Union with a majority of 3rd world countries, we would have them a tax burden because they would be essentially part of our economy.

422.5 Million in South America
    42.6 Million in Central America
    32.7 Million in Canada
    323.1 Million in the USA

This gives us about 820.9 Million people as a population of that Union

South America countries rank among the poorest nations on the entire planet, not only that 17 of the top 20 countries with the highest murder per-capita are from South America and Central America.

I also would assume, if the USA/Canada/Central America/North America made a "Union" we would no doubt include all the Island Nations, which wouldn't be a bad idea because they produce a good amount of income for their population sizes.

Problem here is how do pay for this? the burden on the USA/Canada/Brazil/Chile would be insane, PR is already begging the US to bail them out from their bad decisions, not to mention the pandemic poverty in so many of those countries.

What about dictators? what about countries with completely different economic structures that would leach off of the producing countries? What about the immense amounts of organized crime, and large scale violence? This would be equal to the EU bringing in all of the Middle east into itself, it would be catastrophic for the major host nations. Would it be a good idea if it could work? sure would, i would love to be able to travel to those countries, but unfortunately, if i went to some of those countries i would probably be robbed and beheaded. South American countries are not all rainbows and rain forests, they are some of the most violent places on the face of the Earth, they need to police themselves and join the rest for the Planet in the 21st century.

If Mexico and Guatemala cleaned up their act, i could central America and the US and Canada making a deal in the next 20 years however, it wouldnt be that bad of idea to clean up the cartels that are rampant.

I find it weird that people want to blame sanctuary cities for this. Refusing to punish a victimless action did not put people in that truck. If anything, the prohibitionists are the ones who pushed for such things to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Just like the strong leaders in the war on drugs stopped all drugs from entering the United States.
    You are delusional.
    Oh hey! Eric Cantor of the obama era did a fantastic job of protecting our borders from the war on drugs and the drug cartels!... oh wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    http://m.chron.com/news/local/articl...r-11308288.php

No matter which side of the aisle you are on you have to admit this is a human tragedy. Nobody wants to die in a hot trailer. These people were failed by both their own government and the US government.
    nope, just failed by the people who left them in that trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.