Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Did you know him personally? I didn't think so. Quite acting like your opinion is superior because you're posting in an echo chamber.
    Oh the irony.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    When they were actively getting help? Yep, it's pretty ignorant.
    I don't think you know what this word means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Oh the irony.
    What irony? This thread is chock full of people boohooing over his death, I don't see anyone else expressing any comments about lack of personal responsibility when it comes to repeated lapses of addiction or how awful it is the media portrays his death like a tragedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

ROFLMAO. Yeah, you're telling someone who was getting help to get help but I don't understand what ignorant means...
    Are you even keeping up with these posts, or are you too busy tripping over yourself in order to make witty replies?

My comment was to another poster who said they used to be depressed, who now apparently uses alcohol to regulate their moods. I wasn't talking about your BFF Chester.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

ROFLMAO. Suuuuure buddy. Nothing you were saying was targeted at Chester. Grow the fuck up and stop talking shit about stuff you know fuck all about.
    Clearly it wasn't, because I was quoting and responding to another poster.

You're way too invested in your "friends" death, I think you need to take a break.

Deleted
    I have been a fan of Linkkin Park since I was 13, they practically shaped my adolescent years. Thanks for all the great music, may you find peace Chester.

You're way to invested in telling people how they're shitty humans in a thread about a man's death.
    When did I say this? Have we reached the portion of the program where you're just going to start making shit up to argue against?

Maybe take a break and look at why you feel the urge to be so toxic. Oh, and grow the fuck up. I wasn't trying to make my friendship with Chester public, hence the PM's instead of me posting that information here. But your need to try to call me a liar(when I'm telling the truth) has turned you into a real troll. If you honestly think you know how to best help people with issues like Chester's then, please, go into a career where you save these people.
    It's toxic to criticize the media and others for treating his death like a tragedy? It's pretty sad if you can't deal with legitimate criticisms and have to resort to personal attacks and strawman arguments.

Clearly you think simply talking to a professional is enough.
    Yes, seeking professional help when you have a health problem is how you start to solve it. Drinking alcohol to regulate your moods means you have a substance abuse problem, and should seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Sadly, some thing they genuinely do understand things like this and will stick to their uneducated view that this is a selfish or "easy way out" act or that having money solves all your problems.
    What problem can you not solve when you have access to an essentially unlimited amount of money, thereby giving you the ability to devote 100% of your time and attention to it?

Having a massive amount of money and being able to use that money does not mean that the solution to all your problems is a given.
    That's not what I said, or asked.

And I'm not going to list every "problem" I can think of that can't be solved by money. It's an exercise in futility. I decided to cut to the point and point out that just because you have money, it doesn't mean all your problems can be solved.
    Because there aren't any. If you have "fuck you" money, you can immediately stop doing whatever you are doing and focus 100% of your attention on any particular thing.

That his house keeper found him dead speaks volumes about what his day to day life was like.

Also, having such an amount of money does not equate to being able to "devote 100% of your time and attention" on a given "problem".
    Sure it does.

There is no responsibility you can't walk away from with enough money.

Raising kids? "Hey Joe Familymember, here is $1M, take a year off from your life and take care of my kids so I can attend therapy every day."

Job? Oh right, you never have to work a day in your life ever again.

Family commitments? "Hey Family, I'm spending $10M to buy houses for everyone near my treatment facility, and pay for everyone's expenses for the rest of their lives."

Deleted
    Using authoritarianism to treat excessive alcohol use works wonders. That's why there's no alcohol in prisons, and people who get sentenced into rehab never drink again.

If you consume alcohol to moderate your emotional state, you have a mental health problem and need to get help, and should probably not consume any alcohol.
    I don't need alcohol to regulate my moods. I don't need to have a drink to go to work, there's no problem here. I don't need a drink to be happy, just sometimes I like to have a drink so that I don't feel like shit the rest of the night. But I guess in your world, I need therapy. Therapy doesn't help everyone. Talking about my problems will solve none of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I don't need alcohol to regulate my moods.
    Oh, ok.

I like to have a drink so that I don't feel like shit the rest of the night.
    Uh....that's substance abuse.

But I guess in your world, I need therapy. Therapy doesn't help everyone. Talking about my problems will solve none of them.
    You have a substance abuse problem, and while I'm not a doctor, I think you need professional help.

Oh, ok.

Uh....that's substance abuse.

You have a substance abuse problem, and while I'm not a doctor, I think you need professional help.
    I'll get right on that.

I'll get right on that.
    Why am I not surprised this was your response.

"I feel like shit all the time, and I drink alcohol to numb my feelings."

"You might have a substance abuse problem."

"I don't have a problem."

"You should get help."

"Fuck you! Nothing will solve my problems!"

Why am I not surprised this was your response.

"I feel like shit all the time, and I drink alcohol to numb my feelings."

"You might have a substance abuse problem."

"I don't have a problem."

"You should get help."

"Fuck you! Nothing will solve my problems!"

I don't feel like shit all the time*
    I don't drink every day
    I don't even drink every week
    Most nights that I do drink I have a single drink

if I told you I was missing both my hands or that I was going deaf, do you think talking about it would solve the problem of my missing hands or going deaf?

I don't feel like shit all the time*
    I don't drink every day
    I don't even drink every week
    Most nights that I do drink I have a single drink
    You drink to alter your mood. That's pretty much the definition of substance abuse. If you can't see that, well, I feel sorry for you and I hope you can get help.

if I told you I was missing both my hands or that I was going deaf, do you think talking about it would solve the problem of my missing hands or going deaf?
    Yes, talking about the loss of your hands or hearing would help you deal with the emotions of that loss.

Oh, and guess what, if you had $30M you'd be able to buy prosthetic hands or have an implant in your ear or just pay someone to walk around with you everywhere and interpret for you.

Money solves all problems. The people who don't understand that are deluding themselves into not understanding the real power of wealth.

You drink to alter your mood. That's pretty much the definition of substance abuse. If you can't see that, well, I feel sorry for you and I hope you can get help.

Yes, talking about the loss of your hands or hearing would help you deal with the emotions of that loss.

Oh, and guess what, if you had $30M you'd be able to buy prosthetic hands or have an implant in your ear or just pay someone to walk around with you everywhere and interpret for you.

Money solves all problems. The people who don't understand that are deluding themselves into not understanding the real power of wealth.
    Ah yes, someone who cannot afford prosthetic hands will surely receive comfort in talking about how they will never likely be able to work or support themselves ever again.

Ah yes, someone who cannot afford prosthetic hands will surely receive comfort in talking about how they will never likely be able to work or support themselves ever again.
    I'm referring to Chester Bennington.

Your making my point for me without even realizing it.

Actually previously you suggested that I said "nothing can solve my problems" then related it to Chester when I related it to myself.

Deleted

Let us not go too far with the false equivalence, shall we? As you are referring to Chester Bennington, he didn't lose any limbs and therefore money cannot be used to replace limbs to solve problems with being unable to work or support themselves. Your point is obviously not made with one example (especially one that is totally unrelated).
    Could Chester had solved his problem - we won't be able to tell, he possibly could have - but let us not delude ourselves to think that everyone can be 'cured' of their mental issues. Not unless we supress their consciousness through medicine or other substances.