10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Until Nintendo stops selling Wii Us(which they still do refurb) it is morally wrong. That's not even debatable.
    What's not even debatable is how ridiculous you sound. You're telling me it would be morally wrong for me (someone who owns a Wii U and Super Mario 3D World) to download a copy of Super Mario 3D World and emulate it?

That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You're telling me it would be morally wrong for me (someone who owns a Wii U and Super Mario 3D World) to download a copy of Super Mario 3D World and emulate it?
    Yes. You've bought a game for a specific device: it gives you no right to emulate it on your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Yes. You've bought a game for a specific device: it gives you no right to emulate it on your PC.
    By this logic emulation is bad no matter what.

So what one is it? Ok to do it or only when the original source stops selling it or its bad no matter what.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Anyone figure out how to label a weapon as favorite? I noticed there's a sorting option for it but yea
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, yes it does. Dumping the bios from your console and burning an iso from your disc is 100% legal.

Second of all, what would Nintendo lose by me emulating a game I've already purchased from a console I already own? Nothing. They already have my money. So if no one is harmed in any way then how is it morally wrong?

Dunno if the legal standing of emulation has been changed much in recent years, but at least it used to be that if you owned the original hardware and games and dumped the ROMs from your own games, it was more or less okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dunno if the legal standing of emulation has been changed much in recent years, but at least it used to be that if you owned the original hardware and games and dumped the ROMs from your own games, it was more or less okay.
    Its still a bit of a gray area and it depends the country you live in. Some country laws allow you to download a digital copy and emulate as long as you have the hardware/software. You don't have to drop them yourself, just own them.

Some require you to dump and others is just outright no.

Like I said does depend the country.

Personally if I own the hardware/software ill do whatever I want and they can bite me. They already got my money.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Depends on your country's copyright laws really. This would most likely be legal in Finland as long as you also own the hardware and the game.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Alright folks, let's please get discussion back on the Switch. Emulation is a pretty touchy subject since it can easily drift into piracy discussion etc., which is against the rules. Thanks y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright folks, let's please get discussion back on the Switch. Emulation is a pretty touchy subject since it can easily drift into piracy discussion etc., which is against the rules. Thanks y'all.
    Mario Xcom comes out next month and I am looking forward to it.

Spawn Wave did a video about Switch voice chat and at 7:30 he has pretty solid theory as to why Nintendo tries with this horrid implementation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh there is......

If you can find another Switch and copy of Splatoon 2....

Ya that highly annoyed me.
    Maybe they couldn't get it to run at 60fps with splitscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Maybe they couldn't get it to run at 60fps with splitscreen?
    Shouldn't matter any, Its just local so they could have went with 30fps. I highly doubt that's the reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Shouldn't matter any, Its just local so they could have went with 30fps. I highly doubt that's the reason at all.
    The local MP option on Wii U was ass and nobody used it.

No surprise they got rid of it, because it's hard to try and make it interesting.

Framerate wasn't the issue as it ran on the Wii U Gamepad and TV both screens at 60 fps, it's just 2 player Splatoon is not interesting in the least and was a shit game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Spawn Wave did a video about Switch voice chat and at 7:30 he has pretty solid theory as to why Nintendo tries with this horrid implementation.

People already knew about his theory because of the user agreement. Nintendo wants to advertise on your phone
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    People already knew about his theory because of the user agreement. Nintendo wants to advertise on your phone
    DeNA wants to advertise on your phone. Nintendo is just getting paid lots of money for their lame ass partnership with them.

The local MP option on Wii U was ass and nobody used it.
    I used it so hey looks like someone did, Tech when u going to learn to not make claims u can't back up.

DeNA wants to advertise on your phone. Nintendo is just getting paid lots of money for their lame ass partnership with them.
    I do have to wonder, if Nintendo never partnered up with DeNA, if we'd still have this stupid app nonsense.

Although, someone I saw on the Reddit made a good point, the app itself is actually pretty good, like for checking your Splatoon stuff, using it for the random gear deals, etc

It's the forced aspects of it that really suck horribly. If voice chat and partying up was on the Switch itself, the app would probably be more enjoyed, but far less used.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I do have to wonder, if Nintendo never partnered up with DeNA, if we'd still have this stupid app nonsense.

Although, someone I saw on the Reddit made a good point, the app itself is actually pretty good, like for checking your Splatoon stuff, using it for the random gear deals, etc

It's the forced aspects of it that really suck horribly. If voice chat and partying up was on the Switch itself, the app would probably be more enjoyed, but far less used.
    I think we would still have the app, It just wouldn't be forced on us like it is.

I could see it working somewhat like the Destiny app.

http://culturageek.com.ar/nintendo-s...-precio-fecha/

Switch to launch in Argentina on August 15th at 13499 pesos (about $775 USD at the current exchange rate).