10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Rewatched the relevant bit, and goddamn Daenerys, so pathetic. Deflecting all the blame on Viserys and talking how he was stupid enough to believe that. Bitch please, you talked the same bullshit for multiple seasons. Be honest with yourself.
    The show is making Dany into such a whiny little child. I honestly have no idea who I want to lead the seven kingdoms now but it's not her or Cersei.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    *ahem*
    Melisandre mate, don't forget about her! Missandei is a contender though based off of last episode.

Why didn't the sand snakes have their weapons laced in poison? I never really cared for them but you'd think this is something they would of done right before the decided to go up against Euron.
    Was a surprise attack, they didnt seems to have much in term of weapons to begin with. Daggers and a whip?

*ahem*
    Melisandre mate, don't forget about her! Missandei is a contender though based off of last episode.

Why didn't the sand snakes have their weapons laced in poison? I never really cared for them but you'd think this is something they would of done right before the decided to go up against Euron.
    Missandei & Melisandre hnnnnggg

Dany's the prettiest one to me tho. But gauging from Emilia Clarke's interviews, there won't be anymore "special" scenes from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The show is making Dany into such a whiny little child. I honestly have no idea who I want to lead the seven kingdoms now but it's not her or Cersei.
    To be honest if i had to pick one character with the potential to rule, id pick Arya right now, thought its never gona happen. Her path made her meet extremes enough to understand how the world work and yet she shows empathy for the common folks or even some of her enemies. Shes closer to a stark then Sansa is now, Sansa is more like her mother and her family. Jon would be my second choice, but hes too far on the other side of the spectrum, instead of being blinded by hatered, Jon is blinded by good intentions. Arya is in the middle, shes got hatered and good intentions, but neither blinds her.

Dany is just a puppet Queen, thats why Tyrion and Olenna are now part of her circle. Its just a matter of knowing who will pull the strings. Tyrion is the side of reason, Olenna is the other side.

Im also 100% certain Jon will bend the knee, if they make him not do it in episode three, then both the show and GRRM simply decided to make it happen despite how the character is both written in the book and portrayed in the show. Jon should simply not care who he bends the knee to, unless its a Lannister and even then, if it provides armies to fight the walker, hed bend the knee to someone like Jaime or Tyrion, without even taking their family name in consideration. Same reason i was ok with him not stripping families of their castles, its not who Jon is, if the show did otherwise, it would simply be stupid.

Jon is the only character that survived this long in the story, on good intentions alone. Nobody else, if its no longer the case, theres no point in his character and he should simply die for real. They are even shadowing his good intentions by having everyone claim you cant trust a Targaryen, how cruel they are, etc. When Jon is the total opposite and still a Targaryen.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-07-24 at 06:21 PM.

*ahem*
    How do you know they aren't? Slow acting poison.. muhahahaah.

I still think Theron did the right thing. Even if it was showing he was still under the effects of Ramses's torture. Nothing he could really do other than get him and his sister killed. At-least she is alive for now.

Arya to go save her after meeting up with John on the way to see Danny? And they form a plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Maybe I'm just an old fashioned grump but the show sometimes takes the whole feminist theme way too far. We have an 11 year old girl who's smarter than all the rest of the old nobles. We had the Olenna "Tyrion is bad because he's a man" speech (which, by the way, is certainly foreshadowing for some mistake Tyrion will make, probably in the next episode, because that's how the show works now). And now we have a eunuch with an insatiable drive for cunnilingus. I like it when the feminist themes make sense - like the idea that a lot of women end up in positions of power because so many men end up dead. I liked the original purpose of Lyanna Mormont - that a 10 year old girl has more guts than all these calculating old men. I don't like how the show has taken those way beyond that.
    Gotta agree with that. Especially in regards to Olenna. Tyrion gave the best advice there, while she and the Sand Grand Whore were flailing around in useless drivel and "waaat? we have to contribute?" Speaking of Ellaria, what she said to Tyrion at the start of that scene shat on the legacy of Oberyn. Tyrion talking about how they don't kill little girls mirrored what Oberyn said to Cersei once. In regards to the same fucking little girl. Same goes to "all Lannisers must die, none are innocent". First of all, his lack of desire to kill Myrcella already went contrary to her nonsense, but there's also Tyrion. While he used his need for a champion to fulfill his own goals, he still had a great rapport with him throughout the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I find her even worse in the books to be honest. All that ever-growing paranoia with three treasons is driving her even closer to Mad King in terms of character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

How did Euron know where Yara's fleet would be? Betrayal by someone, Olenna perhaps? A spy?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    How did Euron know where Yara's fleet would be? Betrayal by someone, Olenna perhaps? A spy?
    Just bad writing i guess, the whole ironborn arc this season is pretty distasteful deus ex machina imo.

Can we start calling Euron a Bad Pussy Slayer? That's the only redeeming quality of this arc tbh...

I thought lyanna was incredibly immersion breaking from the start. No 12 year old sounds like that and we have plenty of strong female characters in fact too many now it's unbelievable. Westeros is more forward thinking than many counties in 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it was a spy. Sent a raven. Now people can find something else to complain about like lyanna

I mean, he literally had to sail past Dragonstone to get to King's Landing. It's not that outrageous for him to know where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I thought lyanna was incredibly immersion breaking from the start. No 12 year old sounds like that and we have plenty of strong female characters in fact too many now it's unbelievable. Westeros is more forward thinking than many counties in 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it was a spy. Sent a raven. Now people can find something else to complain about like lyanna
    In a way it makes sense, because she's a lord on a slightly isolated hold on Bear Island and was the daughter of a ferocious warrior who died when she was young. She feels she has to project.

Plus throughout history, there have been many young rulers who are respected simply because of their bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    In a way it makes sense, because she's a lord on a slightly isolated hold on Bear Island and was the daughter of a ferocious warrior who died when she was young. She feels she has to project.

Plus throughout history, there have been many young rulers who are respected simply because of their bloodline.
    Thats fine. Why does she have to be the smartest in the room, she's makes littlefinger look like a dimwit now. And they give her "heroic" lines that wouldn't be out of place in an old Arnold Schwarzenegger movie

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else bothered by the time lapse from S6 to S7? In one story line we have the Grayjoys (Euron) building a huge armada from scratch, which should take some time. We see little Sam Jr. getting older. And Sam seems to go through untold number of days as a maester-in-training.

But Denarys merely crosses the Narrow Sea.

I'm sure it's just one of those nerdy-nit-picky things, but still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Just bad writing i guess, the whole ironborn arc this season is pretty distasteful deus ex machina imo.

Can we start calling Euron a Bad Pussy Slayer? That's the only redeeming quality of this arc tbh...
    You do realize euron is probably the best captain on the planet, if anyone knew where to lie in wait for dany's passing ships it would be him.

He also practices magic or could have had an old fashioned spy but it doesn't come out and tell you explicitly in the show so I get how you would be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I don't know who his mom but i am sure Ned is father. HBO and its fanfic don't prove a shit.

I agree - in first book there many hints for R+L=J. BUT - when GRRM released it he still was planing 3 book series. In my opinion this hints is bait made by GRRM and real Jon's mother is someone else.

Like i said. Fans of this theory so confident.

Unless the Starks practiced incest, Ned can;t e his father. His mother was already revealed to be Jon's mother in the last episode of Season 6. Even HBO said that was the case.

BTW - Still really shocked how chill everyone is with Euron's conveniently executed naval attack. Not only that but he's now a fan favorite all of the sudden. Seems a little too TWD to me. Also reminiscent of Breaking Bad - where the final antagonists seemed rush, shallow and OP compared to the brilliant villains that preceded them.
    I kind of concur. Euron has been shown to be an action hero, and that's about it. He hasn't even been particularly crazy, he's just been a pirate. He hasn't had any epic lines or grand speeches. But he's the badass the masses want, and a huge portion of it is because he killed off some of the most annoying characters in the show. Maybe that's the master plan after all - fuck up Dorne so much that ending them immediately endears their slayer to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I kind of concur. Euron has been shown to be an action hero, and that's about it. He hasn't even been particularly crazy, he's just been a pirate. He hasn't had any epic lines or grand speeches. But he's the badass the masses want, and a huge portion of it is because he killed off some of the most annoying characters in the show. Maybe that's the master plan after all - fuck up Dorne so much that ending them immediately endears their slayer to the audience.
    If that's the case it's hardly a master plan given how they fucked up Euron and the general Greyjoy storyline as well. As I said before, while Euron gets some points for cleansing the Dorne abomination and Yara, he is still a mere shadow of his book self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW - Still really shocked how chill everyone is with Euron's conveniently executed naval attack. Not only that but he's now a fan favorite all of the sudden. Seems a little too TWD to me. Also reminiscent of Breaking Bad - where the final antagonists seemed rush, shallow and OP compared to the brilliant villains that preceded them.
    What's shocking or convenient about it?

He was in King's Landing with his fleet. Yara and dragon lady didn't know he was there. He knew they were in Dragonstone.

Didn't you see the map posted earlier? Dragonstone is north of King's Landing. There is nothing North of them, so they were either going to sail south to Dorne or south to King's Landing... All he had to do was lay in wait for them to sail south and he was already south of them. And once again, they did not know he was there, so its not like they would sail some indirect or secret route, just a standard route between Dragonstone and Dorne or King's Landing.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Was a surprise attack, they didnt seems to have much in term of weapons to begin with. Daggers and a whip?
    That is a very good point, they're about to go on the offense and have no weapons. Doesn't make sense, you'd think they would use their skills to their advantage to win.

Missandei & Melisandre hnnnnggg

Dany's the prettiest one to me tho. But gauging from Emilia Clarke's interviews, there won't be anymore "special" scenes from her.
    I have a love/hate relationship with show Dany. Her speeches feel so forced in the show and it makes her uninteresting. She does have her moments, season 3, final episode when she gives her speech about the slaves, I enjoyed that scene in particular.

Oh, Emilia Clarke is an amazing person, she is the best. You have to watch other interviews with her, they'll make the saddest person smile.
    Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2017-07-24 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats fine. Why does she have to be the smartest in the room, she's makes littlefinger look like a dimwit now. And they give her "heroic" lines that wouldn't be out of place in an old Arnold Schwarzenegger movie
    I actually don't feel like she's exhibiting any intelligence or pragmatism. She's only displaying staunch strength and loyalty. Jon & Sansa were the ones trying to iron out the politics and war strategy.

Baelish's shortcomings seem to be a result of the writers this season. IMO they're trying to convey that Littlefinger is in unfamiliar waters - but instead it's coming off as him butting his head against the wall. Also unless I missed something - I have no clue why Jon is hostile towards him when he literally saved his ass. To my knowledge, Jon doesn't know LF betrayed Ned. LF getting shut down is too bad because LF scanning the main hall when all the lords speak is really captivating. I'm expecting a master plot.

In fact, I'm curious if Varys will spill those beans when Jon gets to Dragonstone. He and LF respect eachother but also admitted to wrangling over eachother for accomplishments. What's interesting is they each have a nuclear warhead in their pockets:

1. Littlefinger may know Jon's parentage
    2. Varys may know Littlefinger betrayed Ned

If those two things come into play, it will liven it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yup I think it's classic D&D emotion manipulation. So to turn a frown upside down....they may have something very interesting in plan for Euron.

or not....who knows.