Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    That's a ton of eye candy though. I mean, Missandei and Nymeria are two of the hottest (were) two of the hottest on the show. Never got to see Nym's tits, but Missandei... I'd love a slice of that poontang pie. But yeah, otherwise they can go away. It's all about war now.

- - - Updated - - -

Same. Euron quickly vaulted into a top 3 favorite of mine.

- - - Updated - - -

The pretty one, Nymeria, was choked out and then hung off the bow by Euron.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, yeah. I've a big ol crush on Jessica Henwick (Nymeria), so sad to see her die.

Question though, Obara got a few stabs in on Euron, and Nym got a few wacks in with her whip. I'm not sure if Nym's whip was laced with poison, but Obara's dagger's sure as fuck should be - is Euron immune to the Dorne poison, or just have cure potions with him? He's smart enough to bring some along, knowing he'd back banging with the Snakes.

Also, was kinda interesting that Euron was able to take two of them out so easily, while Bronn and Jaime... very much did NOT.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

She's smart enough to know that any fleet that could be erected since she left the Iron Isles would be shit in comparison.

She's dumb enough to not realize her uncle is a demon who can shit out ships at a moments notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Enough to transport all of the Unsullied and Dothaki.... that's the one huge WTF for me, the ships. Yara and Reek had to have taken enough to peak Dany's interest, and then Euron would have had to have enough time to build his substantial fleet AND get it down to KL...
    Yara had around 100 ships dany's fleet consisted of the reach(redwyne) fleet what ever ships dorne had the ships she took from the slavers and yara's 100.

Yara had to sail all the way to mereen roughly twice the distence from the isles to kl and we know she made pit stops to whore along the way. Then she and dany's fleet had to male the trip back. Euron started building the moment she left and only had to make one trip to KL and then out to the narrow sea to set his trap.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats fine. Why does she have to be the smartest in the room, she's makes littlefinger look like a dimwit now. And they give her "heroic" lines that wouldn't be out of place in an old Arnold Schwarzenegger movie
    How exactly is she the smartest in the room again? What exactly has she done aside from calling other lords out for not answering the call of a Stark?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    two things
    1. Euron with a god damn Gorehowl
    THANK YOU. Finally someone points this out. I was starting to believe I was the only one who saw it. The way that axe looked, and the way he was behaving and using it in battle, all I could think of was: "wow, human Grom Hellscream. I approve". Could it be that they actually found someone WORSE than Ramsay? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the sam and jorah scene...

the transition at the end was so disgusting, i almost puked.
    I guess I must be really weird :P

The transitions on the previous episode matching the contents of the chamber pots to the stew pots made me queasy. But that crusty creamy pie looked fucking delicious to me.

I guess I just have a fondness for pies in general (Even though I've never had one, they don't make them in my country) because Arya's pies in the previous season also looked yummy (minus the finger)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

I was gonna say they put the Arya/Nymeria in the show just to cater to fans, but i have a feeling that the books will follow the same path. It will be one of those bittersweet things.
    They briefly meet each other, but end up going their own ways.
    Its still entirely possible for Nymeria to pull a "Big Damned Heroes" moment for Arya at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

Also, was kinda interesting that Euron was able to take two of them out so easily, while Bronn and Jaime... very much did NOT.
    Lets be fair here, Jamie was a cripple who could barely hold his own against a generic mook on that season, even now he's still just a shadow of his former self since he's had to retrain himself to use his other hand. So him being unable to beat the sand snakes makes sense.

Bronn on the other hand not only is seasoned as fuck, but also one of the most pragmatic dirty fighters in the show, so the only logical explanation one can think of (Which he himself lampoons when he's in the jail cell) is that he was holding back against them because they're little girls and he's squeamish about hurting little girls.

Enough to transport all of the Unsullied and Dothaki.... that's the one huge WTF for me, the ships. Yara and Reek had to have taken enough to peak Dany's interest, and then Euron would have had to have enough time to build his substantial fleet AND get it down to KL...
    Actually no. Dany's fleet is made mostly out of the ships that the masters were using to attack her in Mereen. Yara's fleet had about 100 ships at best. Euron being able to build himself enough ships in such a short amount of time kinda pushes the suspension of disbelief though. It takes like a month of really hard labor to build a single ship with medieval technology levels, and from the moment Euron became King, to the start of season 7, no more than six months at best must have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'll say it, it was fun seeing the Sand Retards get wrecked. Euron is a crazy mofo. And now we know what the gift is...
    Yep, I'm hoping he'll survive season 7, he's quickly become one of the most entertaining characters on the show. I still want him to die though, painfully.

As for the gift, I'm VERY relieved that its not Tyrion. The moment he said he'd bring Cercei a gift, I was fearing he'd somehow manage to snag Tyrion's head to bring to Cercei, but bringing the murderer of her daughter seems like a pretty good replacement.

Even though I dislike her immensely, I shudder at the fate that awaits poor Elara. One can't shake the feeling that her inevitable death will be a relief after she's made to suffer one of the goriest fates the show can muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Someone brought up a point which I thought was stupid at first.

He asked, why didn't the sand snakes have poison on their blade? My initial thought was because they were ambushed and didn't have time.

But then I thought, well how hard and long is it for them to do so? Is it not also possible that they always have them poisoned? They are at sea, preparing for war, should their weapons not be prepared as well?
    That's not how poison works. If the poison is liquid, it will dry off after enough time has passed. If its an oil, it will leak off after enough time has passed. You coat your blades with poison shortly before a battle, and must then re-coat them again after having sliced off enough people with the blade. Also, you can't really poison a whip, so only Obara could conceivably have her weapon poisoned. Even then, considering how Euron has traveled the world all his life, I wouldn't put it past him to accumulate a large sum of antidotes to every known toxin.

Pretty sure one of them stabbed Euron in the balls.
    Nope. Euron was on the top deck, battling Nymeria and Obara. The younger snake (I keep forgetting her name..... the bad pussy snake) stabbed two generic mooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

At least Sand Bitches died, albeit even that has a sour taste in my mouth because once more I had to see the Sand Bitches.
    Well aint you impossible to please. Please explain how could the sand bitches be killed without us having to see the sand bitches? Big characters don't die off-screen. I was very upset that Shaggydog was killed offscreen in such an anticlimactic way. At least the Sand bitches died serving a purpose. A: Please the fanbase who pretty much universally wanted them dead, and B: Establish what a psychotic badass Euron is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma Vector View Post
    Did no one pay attention to the scene? The last thing Arya said was that that wasn't Nymeria after all.

My guess is that was probably one of her pups.
    If there was someone who didn't pay attention, it was you. Arya saying "that's not you is it?" was an echo of what Arya herself said to her dad. When Ned was telling Arya about how women are meant to be mommies, and ladies, and girly, and all that rubbish, Arya rejected it by saying "That's not me".

Her line at the end of that scene was meant to say that Nymeria is not meant to be someone's pet, she's not a cuddly little mutt, a wild She-wolf, with a pack of her own that doesn't depend or need a human master.

If that gigantic Direwolf WASN'T Nymeria, but one of her pups or just some random wolf, why the fuck would they call off the pack and leave Arya alone? When a wolf-pack corners a prey, they don't let go unless the prey proves to be overwhelmingly strong. Even then, they'd still make a token effort to attack to assert dominance.

The pack left her alone because Nymeria recognized her former master, but at the same time all but said to her that she has her own life now, and isn't beholden to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall I liked this episode. And damn, it shows that the compressed number of episodes means there will be far less dull moments this time. I mean, we get an action sequence barely on the second episode? previous seasons waited at least until the fourth or fifth episode before the blood began flowing again.

Also, I want Euron's Axe.

I want it dammit >_<

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

7+ Year Old Account
    well I think we know what Euron's gift to Cersei will be; Yara Greyjoy, Ellaria Sand (oh she is gonna cop it for killing Myrcella) and Tyene Sand. no doubt they will all be horribly executed somehow. wonder if the rest of the Greyjoy fleet will now abandon Dany and follow Euron
    Knowing D&D i wouldn't be surprised if they use Mad King scene where he executes Rickard and Brandon Starks before Roberts Rebellion (Ned's father was incinerated with wild fire while Brandon was strangled in Tyroshi device when tried to reach his sword). I mean Cersei like Aerys will use Mother - Daughter (Father - Son) bond in execution to make it more painful like Mad King did.

And Euron is a total bad ass. That entrance onto the ship was so over the top but it fits well with his character. And thank fuck the sand snakes (the two extra bad ones) are over and done with.
    Its fits Victarion Greyjoy but not book Euron. Also i don't get by what logic people considering Sand Snakes are bad characters.

The Starks have been taking L's since Roberts Rebellion. Hell, theyve pretty much been the stepping mat for generations, always getting betrayed or having their sense of morality bit them in the ass. Maybe Jon has seen enough the world to call for an independent North free of the other kingdoms. Jon is experienced enough to best Dany but his is notoriously naive and short sighted...like most Stark kings.
    Nope. Old Starks Kings were anything but not naive.

In that exchange with Littlefinger he also said that he did what he did for the good of the realm. Overall, this part of Varys' character is even better seen in the books, where he saved Aegon and propped him up to be a ruler for the people, not powerhungry piece of shit like the rest of Targaryens or most other pretenders.

Shame he was cut out of the shows, since now Varys is wasted on fully supporting Daenerys, who's a terrible character, who is where she is only due to lucky circumstances like getting dragon eggs as a gift, having lol fireproof magic and riding on the coattails of her advisors who are much better at ruling than she'll ever be.
    I believe (f)Aegon is Blackfyre and Varys full Blackfyre loyalist.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2017-07-24 at 07:22 PM.

Thats fine. Why does she have to be the smartest in the room, she's makes littlefinger look like a dimwit now. And they give her "heroic" lines that wouldn't be out of place in an old Arnold Schwarzenegger movie
    I actually thought she was fine last season. This season, I think it was important in this past episode for her to side with the lords/Sansa and against Jon, for her character to not be a total wash. She's a kid, though, she does speak up a lot - we just found out last episode there were two kids in the hall the whole time, with equal claims (Alys Karstark and the Umber lad) who've never spoken a word, although to be fair until last episode they were "traitors".

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I still think Theron did the right thing. Even if it was showing he was still under the effects of Ramses's torture. Nothing he could really do other than get him and his sister killed. At-least she is alive for now.
    It was the only thing he could do, definitely smarter than the rest. He gets to live to see another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with show Dany. Her speeches feel so forced in the show and it makes her uninteresting. She does have her moments, season 3, final episode when she gives her speech about the slaves, I enjoyed that scene in particular.

Oh, Emilia Clarke is an amazing person, she is the best. You have to watch other interviews with her, they'll make the saddest person smile.
    Yeah, definitely felt forced at times but overall she's done well. Emilia Clarke is a unique personality. I think she looks amazing as Dany

10+ Year Old Account
    On a side note, i'll be looking forward to the song that plays when Arya is told about Winterfell. At first i thought it was a variation of "You know nothing", but it's a different tune.

That is a very good point, they're about to go on the offense and have no weapons. Doesn't make sense, you'd think they would use their skills to their advantage to win.
    They were going back to Dorn to gather with the dornish army. And while Euron is literally not explained at all in the show, him finding them is pretty easy, considering where both fleets are. It would make even more sense if Euron had more screen time considering he uses magic and is by far unmatched on the seas.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-07-24 at 08:02 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I don't know who his mom but i am sure Ned is father. HBO and its fanfic don't prove a shit.
    Ned can't be Jon's father unless Ned slept with his sister, who is confirmed as his mother. Jon's father is still not 100% confirmed, iirc, but is assumed to be a Targaryan - the brother of the mad king, again, iirc.

But Ned isn't Jon's father - that's confirmed via the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    *ahem*
    Melisandre mate, don't forget about her! Missandei is a contender though based off of last episode.
    I Never forget about Melisandre! She's a solid second place... Now if we can just get a scene with them pair of them, and their... pairs.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ned can't be Jon's father unless Ned slept with his sister, who is confirmed as his mother. Jon's father is still not 100% confirmed, iirc, but is assumed to be a Targaryan - the brother of the mad king, again, iirc.

Jon's dad is confirmed to be the Mad king's son the crowned prince rhaegar. It was confirmed in a side infographic. We learn later this season the Lyanna and Rhaegar actually did marry from the banned books sam steals, so Jon is a legitimate Targarian with a better claim to the throne than dany.

Rhaegar was the mad kings son.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Jon's dad is confirmed to be the Mad king's son the crowned prince rhaegar. It was confirmed in a side infographic. We learn later this season the Lyanna and Rhaegar actually did marry from the banned books sam steals, so Jon is a legitimate Targarian with a better claim to the throne than dany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Rhaegar was the mad kings son.
    Thank you - that's who I was thinking of and could not remember.

Anyone else have issues with the time lapse from S6 to S7? Or am I late to the game on that discussion here?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you - that's who I was thinking of and could not remember.

Anyone else have issues with the time lapse from S6 to S7? Or am I late to the game on that discussion here?
    Not huge on the way they are speeding to the finish line and throwing out scenes between characters that are clearly fan service and not a thought given to more subtle story line arcs

*ahem*
    Melisandre mate, don't forget about her! Missandei is a contender though based off of last episode.

Why didn't the sand snakes have their weapons laced in poison? I never really cared for them but you'd think this is something they would of done right before the decided to go up against Euron.
    Great, great tits
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Snip
    Littlefinger is going to be killed off underestimating sansa isnt he.....

so disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    They were going back to Dorn to gather with the dornish army. And while Euron is literally not explained at all in the show, him finding them is pretty easy, considering where both fleets are. It would make even more sense if Euron had more screen time considering he uses magic and is by far unmatched on the seas.
    Knowing the general direction is pretty easy. But finding the fleet, especially in nighttime is impossible. And so is shooting your flame catapults at night at moving targets on the sea. There is a reason, why naval engagements usually ended during the night, since it becomes really risky with stuff like ramming your own ships, mistaking friendly ships for enemy ships and other.

But well, it even questionable how Euron got the ships in the first place, with barely having trees on the Islands, to build such a massive fleet and in such a short time. Guess it just serves the plot not the logic.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not huge on the way they are speeding to the finish line and throwing out scenes between characters that are clearly fan service and not a thought given to more subtle story line arcs
    I mean that in one story line we have the Grayjoys (Euron) building a huge armada from scratch, which should take some time. We also see little Sam Jr. getting older. And Sam seems to go through untold number of months as a maester-in-training.

But Denarys merely crosses the Narrow Sea. In the same amount of time.

I'm sure it's just one of those nerdy-nit-picky things, but still odd.

Littlefinger is going to be killed off underestimating sansa isnt he.....

so disappointing.
    Maybe but not without some deep drama first, me thinks.

Put it this way, for the sake of the Starks - I'm glad it's Sansa dealing with LF rather than Jon.