Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Alleria's new power - Hinting to the future of hunters?

I personally know few hunters who are actually fond of Survival in its melee form, but I recently had an epiphany. What if Alleria's Void powers are a hint towards a completely new spec in the place of survival?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait you're serious?
    Then no.
    Hunters will NOT get void related powers. That's for shadow priests.
    Or what if every class is getting a void related talent tree ;d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Odd reaction but ok.

OT: I really doubt they are going to change hunters again (survival at least) being that they JUST did a complete overhaul in legion. I also doubt they would overhaul marksman or beast mastery since those 2 specs are sort of staples of the hunter class image.

I admit though, it would be amazingly cool if they did hehe
    Doubting that they're going to change hunters again is a bad idea, considering Survival is by far the least played spec in the entire game and the subject of a LOT of critique.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They need to just go ahead and make Survival a tank spec. I'd actually play it then. Would be a cool change of pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Or what if every class is getting a void related talent tree ;d
    Trouble is how would that work...without making specs similar to each other? Shadow is already pretty void...how would a void warlock differ from a void mage other than demons? How would you decide what a druid would do...ranged or melee?

Lot of problems that could pop up...while I suppose almost anything is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully a new class and not hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    They need to just go ahead and make Survival a tank spec. I'd actually play it then. Would be a cool change of pace.
    Yea, I could see that happening! For mitigation you would use your pets, to take a hit, to go get aggro. Sacrifice as a last resort and such.. Wouldn't be a bad thing to be honest!

Deleted
    Then no.
    Ahem.. Shadow Hunters send their regards

To me personaly current incarnation of survival would be much more exciting if it transform into shadow hunter and give us something closer to Sylvanas than to Rexxar, cuz lets be honest here - BM should be closer to Rexxar than this abomination we currently call Survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    A shadow hunter spec would be pretty amazing, but I definitely don't see Blizzard going that route.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I am hoping they dump survival all together and streamline hunters into BM and MM, the third spec flavor is dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    I am hoping they dump survival all together and streamline hunters into BM and MM, the third spec flavor is dumb.
    How about no? Don't care if it's a shaman or hunter spec but I want to use spear (favorite weapon) stings and poisons. If anything remove raptor strike, explosive trap and redesign fury of the eagle. Introduce old survival into MM like promised by Blizzard. Or make a survival back to range, BM unto melee and 4th spec shadow hunter which is petless melee range hybrid with nature and void spells aswell as physical weapon. It's already halfway in current survival and would fit next expansion if it's void related.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    BM unto melee
    No. Just no.

I would flat out quit the game. SV is stupid enough, change BM into melee is retarded.

I echo and endorse this 100%!

Survival is 90% going to stay a melee spec in some form of its current iteration. Of course it will be tweaked and played with (like they are doing with feral atm).
    Honestly I don't see them leaving it mellee exclusive. It hasn't been well received by the majority of the hunter community
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Then no.
    Oh well, am I glad that we have a member of the Blizzard team amongst us!

Remember when people on this very website said we'd NEVER get demon hunters? Yeaaaaah, look how that turned out..,

- - - Updated - - -

In your opinion****

If there's one thing we know is that if you see a hunter NPC do something cool in game then players will never be able to do it.

Then no.
    Alleria, probably considered to be one of the best and well known hunters in Warcraft lore is using void magic, why would this not extend to the Hunter class as a whole? Even Marksman Hunters are using her bow! I think with the removal of the Dark Ranger talent from the Legion Alpha and Alleria tapping into void abilities, it could well be a foreshadowing of either a new bow/gun/crossbow class or a full revamp of the least represented Hunter specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how easily you can tell if someone either started playing Cata-onward or is a FotM reroller.

In Vanilla each class had a utility spec (even if it wasn't as obvious). All hunter "specs" had melee for when you ran out of ammo, and survival just had lots of utility.

Cata did irreparable damage to the class system to ease the burden on the post-merger developers, not the players. They also did away with race-specific nuances to classes (ie shadowpriest) because fuck putting effort.

Druids have 4 specs there's no reason other classes can't have 4 specs. The other solution is to remove the garbage Cata class/spec rework that ruined classes to begin with.

Also Shadow Hunters existed before WoW. Feral Cats did not.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-07-25 at 09:12 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Yea, but I'm betting on Blizzard's stubbornness. They have already put in so many resources into the hunter class for legion, they will not do it again for the very next expansion. Search your feelings. You know this to be true.
    You don't need to preach to me tonsearch my feelings. Surv is trash and will continue to be unless there is a change. There was no gradual shift. It was one day you pew pew next you bash bash. Bad form blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    No. Just no.

I would flat out quit the game. SV is stupid enough, change BM into melee is retarded.
    4 specs, 3 range 1 melee. How is that stupid? one beastmaster, one dotty dark ranger, one marksman without pet, one spear wildling.