Poll: Do you a Gamer?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you consider yourself a Gamer if you only play WoW?

I just saw an add for 3 games if you buy something or other, it was suggesting that I would be a Gamer if I wanted to be by simply buying three games, I only play WoW and before that Diablo and Warcraft, I play causally and participate in weekly raids, but a Gamer? I hope not

Deleted
    If you play games, you are a gamer.

If you want to attribute something else to that term - knock yourself out.

Real gamers play wow exclusively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what game you play. I believe you are a 'gamer' once you use a certain amount of hours a week on it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    You're hoping you're not a gamer if you play video games? I'm a little confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you NOT be a gamer if you play games?

Playing mobile games exclusively wouldn't make you a gamer, but playing PC games, regardless of quantity, makes you a gamer.

Why do you have to play more than one game to be considered a gamer? You play a game, and play it often and enjoy it, you're a gamer in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post

That has not been the definition of the term for ages. 1 game occasionally has not been gamer for a long time.

That's about as clever as saying "You're not a dog person until you're running a kennel with 25 of them" or something to that effect... In other words, not the sort of mental gymnastics that clever people would engage in.

Yes, I'm a gamer. I play exclusively WoW for the most part, but I've been and will be playing other titles as they come along all the same.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-24 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy3055 View Post
    Why do you have to play more than one game to be considered a gamer? You play a game, and play it often and enjoy it, you're a gamer in my book.
    Candy Crush does not make you a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy3055 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Playing mobile games exclusively wouldn't make you a gamer, but playing PC games, regardless of quantity, makes you a gamer.

Seems like a broad term to describe playing one game.

Would you call someone a wine enthusiast if they only drank one specific type of wine?

Would you call someone a chef if they only knew how to prepare one dish?
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-07-24 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That's about as clever as saying "You're not a dog person until you're running a kennel with 25 of them" or something to that effect...

Yes, I'm a gamer. I play exclusively WoW for the most part, but I've been and will be playing other titles as they come along all the same.
    Owning a single dog for a year doesn't make you a dog owner either. Owning a dog picture which is what playing Candy Crush is the extent of does not make you a dog person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

Would you call someone a wine enthusiast if they only drank one specific type of wine?

I honestly don't think they'd call themselves those things. I wouldn't try to decide how they title themselves though, but they would undoubtedly be called out on their lack of depth if an enthusiast/chef came with actual depth came along.

A gamer can be just that regardless of what games he chooses to play and skill level, and people trying to decide for him that "he's not a gamer!" can knock themselves out I suppose? It's such a broad spectrum, and I'm sure there are camps deciding that "real gamers don't play anything but shooters" out there.

I play predominantly WoW. I'm a gamer in every way, it's my second biggest hobby and was before WoW launched.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-24 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Owning a single dog for a year doesn't make you a dog owner either. Owning a dog picture which is what playing Candy Crush is the extent of does not make you a dog person.
    Owning a dog doesn't make you a dog owner? What the fuck is this shit?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Owning a dog doesn't make you a dog owner? What the fuck is this shit?
    Lmao, didn't see that since he's on my ignore list since quite a while back, but yeah... You own a single dog for a year? Congratulations, you've been a dog owner for a year!

Enthusiast and chef denote some kind of heightened passion or expertise. I would not call someone who drinks one specific type of wine a wine enthusiast, but I would call them a wine drinker.
    Beta Club Brosquad

A gamer is someone that his main and first choice of activity is Gaming.

Not the person that plays a facebook game and waits for someone to speak to him.

Not the random console owner with only Fifa cause his actual hobby is football.

Its the person that his first thought when he has free time is games.

Whether he plays 20 games at the same time or 1 is irrelevant, its the person that simply sees gaming as a Hobby and something worth wasting lots of time on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it really depends on how much Mountain Dew and Hot Pockets you consume while playing games...

I just bought some Mountain Dew Game Fuel... which slot on my PC am I supposed to pour it in? Or is it those little holes on top?
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

What is it with mmo champ and bad analogies?

Yes, playing only one game makes you a gamer, it does not however make you a pro gamer or a hardcore gamer, unless you play it on that level.