Thread: Worgen Shamans

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worgen Shamans

So with the next expansion new class/race combinations will probaly be possible, will Worgen Shaman be one? I would really love it! Think about a Male Worgen Enhancement Shaman with the tier 6 set, absolutely brutal.

It of course is a subjective thing, but the races that can roll a Shaman now on the Alliance side al have that squishy armor look. It doesn't look impressive or imposing at all. Think about a female Draenei for example, you almost can't see what she is wearing. Orcs are the ultimate race for it - love them - but that's a little hard for an Alliance.

Do you think it's possible lorewise and what do you think of it?

7+ Year Old Account
    it could be, if they did a decent lore about, guilneans are not showed as shamans

i think they will be monk with goblins first

Jesus no...

It's already bad we have goat and gobbo shamans. We don't need Worgen in this company aswell. There is no support for Gilneas shamans, humans never had any contact with it, and are not tribal community.

If you want to play real shaman roll from original 3 Horde races. Plenty of spells and lore supports them. They have it all that makes a true shaman. And shaman is not just elementalist, it's a representative of tribe . It's someone that praise ancestors, it's someone who follows old traditions, it's someone who speaks with spirits and does other tribal stuff.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

My first char ever was a Tauren shaman during alpha named Tribul, carried that name into vanilla on Cenarius. Switched servers back when that meant rerolling so had a shaman on that server as well that started as Hellgrazer but migrated him to alliance on Kilrogg as a panda. Coming full circle back to Cenarius I race changed to female goblin and named her Thunderpuss and she has been my MAIN main ever since

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I hope not. Monk Worgen would in my book make more sense and fit easier in to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Jesus no...

It's already bad we have goat and gobbo shamans. We don't need Worgen in this company aswell. There is no support for Gilneas shamans, humans never had any contact with it, and are not tribal community.
    That's just wrong.
    It's written in Chronicles that early humans had Shamans. Also, they have been living with dwarves for a long time and the Wildhammer has a shamanism tradition. I don't think human shamans would fit RIGHT NOW but saying that humans never had contact with it it's just plain wrong.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    That's just wrong.
    It's written in Chronicles that early humans had Shamans. Also, they have been living with dwarves for a long time and the Wildhammer has a shamanism tradition. I don't think human shamans would fit RIGHT NOW but saying that humans never had contact with it it's just plain wrong.
    What? Got any link for that?

And tbh even if they had then it's not longer their thing. For generations nobody practiced it, and deffiniety people of Gilneas didn't. And just because you live with someone doesn't mean you can do the same thing.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the whole explanation for monk draenei simply that there was some pandaren monk walking by the Azuremyst Isles when the Exodar crashed and he thought some draenei how to kick good? They could probably say that there was some Wildhammer shaman living in Guilneas since before the wall went up and he thought them how to zap good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    So with the next expansion new class/race combinations will probaly be possible, will Worgen Shaman be one? I would really love it! Think about a Male Worgen Enhancement Shaman with the tier 6 set, absolutely brutal.

It of course is a subjective thing, but the races that can roll a Shaman now on the Alliance side al have that squishy armor look. It doesn't look impressive or imposing at all. Think about a female Draenei for example, you almost can't see what she is wearing. Orcs are the ultimate race for it - love them - but that's a little hard for an Alliance.

Do you think it's possible lorewise and what do you think of it?
    Sure...
    But then we need:
    Goblin Monks
    Nightelf Paladins
    Pandaren Druids

Deal?

Deleted
    Every race should be every class. It's 2017, it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Sure...
    But then we need:
    Goblin Monks
    Nightelf Paladins
    Pandaren Druids

Deal?
    Sorry can only do nelf paladin and goblin monks

What? Got any link for that?

And tbh even if they had then it's not longer their thing. For generations nobody practiced it, and deffiniety people of Gilneas didn't. And just because you live with someone doesn't mean you can do the same thing.
    Link ? Of course not. As i said it's written on Chronicles.
    I'll post it here for you:

"Groups of hunter-gatherer humans proliferated throughout the forests and hillocks of the continent. As their society evolved and advanced, humans gathered in an array of different tribes. Each one practiced animistic beliefs - mainly crude forms of druidism and elemental shamanism."

Chronicles, "The Rise of Arathor" chapter.

Like i said, i agree that Worgens should NOT be Shamans. Neither should humans. But saying that they, as a race, never had contact with it it's just plain wrong. Shamanism is not an innate power but a matter of willpower and learning. If Orcs, Trolls, Pandaren and Dwarves can learn it so can pretty much every other race.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Link ? Of course not. As i said it's written on Chronicles.
    I'll post it here for you:

"Groups of hunter-gatherer humans proliferated throughout the forests and hillocks of the continent. As their society evolved and advanced, humans gathered in an array of different tribes. Each one practiced animistic beliefs - mainly crude forms of druidism and elemental shamanism."

Chronicles, "The Rise of Arathor" chapter.

Like i said, i agree that Worgens should NOT be Shamans. Neither should humans. But saying that they, as a race, never had contact with it it's just plain wrong. Shamanism is not an innate power but a matter of willpower and learning. If Orcs, Trolls, Pandaren and Dwarves can learn it so can pretty much every other race.
    Thanks, this source you provided proves that it was crude elemental aspect of it, which was soonish dropped. On that I stand corrected. However shamanism is something more than just throwing lightning bolts, there is cultural aspect of it.

Just because mage can summon water elemental that doesnt make him shaman. And neither Twilight Cultists could be considered as one.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Thanks, this source you provided proves that it was crude elemental aspect of it, which was soonish dropped. On that I stand corrected. However shamanism is something more than just throwing lightning bolts, there is cultural aspect of it.

Just because mage can summon water elemental that doesnt make him shaman. And neither Twilight Cultists could be considered as one.
    You do know that the Gilnean Druids were just hedgewitches that only had very basic and limited understanding of some of the healing abilities of nature and weren't true druids until after the curse and were taught full Druidism by Night Elves.

There is no cultural aspect to most shamans in warcraft. In Warcraft Shamanism is the hability to bargain with the elements to inflict wounds or heal them. The cultural aspect is that each race will see it differently. Some Shamans will ask the elements for their help, some will impose their will on the elements. The goblin even use their bargaining expertise and work with the elements through contracts.

In Lord of the Clans, Drek'thar talks about this. He asks the elements for their help and offers things in return. Gameplay wise the Shaman is simply a caster / melee / healer but lorewise it's a much deeper balance.

There is absolutely nothing barring other races to learn shamanism. But there is also no need for it. The Orcs / Tauren - the oldest shamans in Warcraft - had no knowledge of the arcane and thus they had to resort to shamanism. And that's why the Orcs became Warlocks, it was much easier to impose their will and use fel magic than to beseech the elements for help.

The Trolls worked a much darker aspect of shamanism through their Loa gods. While the Pandaren, due to the playful nature of their elemental spirits, work their shamanism through different forms: Dances, martial arts, meditation.

As a long time Shaman roleplayer i have to say that lorewise there is no barrier for other races to learn shamanism. The only exception i'd make it's undead. But the rest could learn but have no need for it.

Humanity left shamanism / druidism of old because the elves taught them the secrets of arcane magic. And specially because they lost their vrykul ancestry. Once they had the arcane, and the arcane saved their civilization against the Trolls, they had no need to "ask" the elements because now they could bend them to their will. That didn't happen to Orcs till the formation of the Horde. And it never happened to Tauren since they never dabbled in the arcane. The Trolls are a different matter because they always had a deeper connection to the Loas.

If it was up to me the game would have very little limitations on classes.

There is no cultural aspect to most shamans in warcraft. In Warcraft Shamanism is the hability to bargain with the elements to inflict wounds or heal them. The cultural aspect is that each race will see it differently. Some Shamans will ask the elements for their help, some will impose their will on the elements. The goblin even use their bargaining expertise and work with the elements through contracts.

In Lord of the Clans, Drek'thar talks about this. He asks the elements for their help and offers things in return. Gameplay wise the Shaman is simply a caster / melee / healer but lorewise it's a much deeper balance.

There is absolutely nothing barring other races to learn shamanism. But there is also no need for it. The Orcs / Tauren - the oldest shamans in Warcraft - had no knowledge of the arcane and thus they had to resort to shamanism. And that's why the Orcs became Warlocks, it was much easier to impose their will and use fel magic than to beseech the elements for help.

The Trolls worked a much darker aspect of shamanism through their Loa gods. While the Pandaren, due to the playful nature of their elemental spirits, work their shamanism through different forms: Dances, martial arts, meditation.

As a long time Shaman roleplayer i have to say that lorewise there is no barrier for other races to learn shamanism. The only exception i'd make it's undead. But the rest could learn but have no need for it.

Humanity left shamanism / druidism of old because the elves taught them the secrets of arcane magic. And specially because they lost their vrykul ancestry. Once they had the arcane, and the arcane saved their civilization against the Trolls, they had no need to "ask" the elements because now they could bend them to their will. That didn't happen to Orcs till the formation of the Horde. And it never happened to Tauren since they never dabbled in the arcane. The Trolls are a different matter because they always had a deeper connection to the Loas.

If it was up to me the game would have very little limitations on classes.
    This is probably one of the better responses I've read on these forums. I thank you.

And agree with the last statement.

Worgen have a history of communing with the Spirit of the Pack. Some may have lost their touch with the Arcane or may not be able to think as intellectually after their Worgen transformations. Communing with spirits and the elements on a more primal level may come more naturally to some of them now - and would be a necessity in dealing with the Forsaken, who could be considered a threat to the nature and elements that surround Gilneas due to their reckless use of Blight.

I'm all for enabling more race/class combinations. However, I am more interested in Worgen paladins and monks, though I would not object to Worgen shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather worgen get deleted from the game. they are horrible dog creatures who are a menace to the fine folks of azeroth.

they literally have a disease!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'd rather worgen get deleted from the game. they are horrible dog creatures who are a menace to the fine folks of azeroth.

they literally have a disease!
    Hold your ground sir! Worgens are lovely and have a heavy burden they need to deal with everyday, for that we need to give them love.

Seriously, gear sets look sick on those guys. Besides that, I love them.