Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Just a summary of what pitiful position the Lannisters are in at the moment.
    I too expected something that would make me wow, instead it made me lol... not even.
    What did you have in mind? Magic?

Theres still a great deal involved with killing a dragon even with a siege weapon, are they going to ask it nicely to stand infront of a stationary ballista?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-07-24 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Still, in the books it took Balon 5 years to build 100 ships in the iron fleet. And he was planning a rebellion so it's not like he was taking it easy. 1000 ships is way too many - and it's silly because they didn't need that many to have basically exactly the same plot.
    In the books Balon was building large Galleys similar to the Silence. Not small fodder ships. Balon was planning to rebel, if he started pumping out a shitload off smaller vessel quickly someone would notice them piling up, and robert would have smashed his ass. The isles had already rebelled and Cersei had no ships, he had no reason to hide what he was doing Balon had to take things slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Jon's dad is confirmed to be the Mad king's son the crowned prince rhaegar. It was confirmed in a side infographic. We learn later this season the Lyanna and Rhaegar actually did marry from the banned books sam steals, so Jon is a legitimate Targarian with a better claim to the throne than dany.
    Also why Ned hid Jon's true identity. Robert would've performed a late term abortion on Jon to keep the throne.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    So I get that Dany is new to Westerosi politics..... but why would she expect Jon to bend the knee to her considering her allies.
    Tyrion is a Lanister, Jon has less hate than the others but still...
    Yara Greyjoy directly attacked the North....
    and the Tyrells sided with the Lanisters even though they never directly attacked Northern troops.
    Also Melisandre..... though it's not like they have anyway to know what she did.
    And well.... she's a fucking Targaryen, considering what caused Robert's Rebellion reaching out to Jon of all lords is just confusing.
    Danaerys wants to become Queen of Westeros. She has to make her claim known. For that, she has to ask every noble house and the other pretenders to come to her and bend the knee. Do you believe Cersei was expecting Jon Snow to come to King's Landing and recognize her as his Queen? Of course not. It was a formality. Tyrion just added personnal touch because he knows Jon.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yara knowing or not that Euron was chasing her is irrelevent. My point is that Euron had no way of knowing exactly where Yara was (or that Ellaria and the Sand Snakes were there), or where she was going. The sea is vast. Even a large fleet will be hard to find, even more so during night. However, Euron's fleet should have been detected when it was getting near Yara's fleet. Instead, we heard a first bomb, and Euron's ship was already ramming Yara's when she got on the deck. Yara's sailors had mud in their eyes... Of course, ships could have been sent by Euron to find Yara's fleet. But that ship should have been detected too. And it had to get back to Euron's fleet to inform him where was Yara. As for magic, Euron has shown none of it in the show. Yet.
    Euron has shown magic, i linked all of the greyjoy brothers by age a few pages back, Euron is actually around his 40-50 in the show and books but is unaturally young looking especially compared to his brothers. Ill have to rewatch the scene again tonight but im pretty sure the seas also kicked up the moment he made his attack.

Euron is one of the greatest captains in the world, Dany's ships had only one real direction to go out of dragonstone, south, he just had to sit an wait. Scouts only do so much when your up against 1000 ships especially at night, viability at sea blows in the night but the time any scouts spotted danger Yara would have been surrounded. Euron sent out volly of the flaming whatever siege weapon shot that was then sent his ships in for the ramming, with his massive numbers it was already over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    When he came down onto Asha's ship, I half expected him to be slamming a guitar. It just felt so rock star. And kind of corny.
    They way the wrote Euron's scenes makes me want to see something original from the writers. They don't take the GOT universe are serious as GRRM does. Euron is completly out of place and they know exactly what they're doing. All of Sam's scenes in this season have be out of the ordinary (previous) GOT flow. You can tell they really like writing Sam's scenes. They're using a trope for Jon but I can't think of the name of it right now. They don't give a damn about the passage time, completly embracing the GOT jetpack meme (people used to say Littlefinger had a jetpack because he was everywhere at once. Now everyone has a jetpack). No more time wasted on beating the character development board, everyone is exactly who they appear to be at this point.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Also why Ned hid Jon's true identity. Robert would've performed a late term abortion on Jon to keep the throne.
    Ya Robert might have let a bastard of Rhaegar and Lyanna's live out of love for Lyanna as he had already convinced himself Rhaegar raped her, a true born son born of marriage tho? Completely shatters all of his fantasy of not only Lyanna but also Rhaegar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The Starks have been taking L's since Roberts Rebellion. Hell, theyve pretty much been the stepping mat for generations, always getting betrayed or having their sense of morality bit them in the ass. Maybe Jon has seen enough the world to call for an independent North free of the other kingdoms. Jon is experienced enough to best Dany but his is notoriously naive and short sighted...like most Stark kings.

Anyone notice Jons new accent and vernacular? It had me going even if it seemed over the top and a bit out of character. Its like he was rejecting "the kings speech" and picking up Wildling mannerisms. Maybe it was just overacting but I definitely noticed a change.
    I'm not an English speaker and I noticed it. He sounded almost cockney, with the glotal stop (ma'er, instead of matter).
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Glad to see most of the sandsnakes dead. And 'bad pussy' is gonna get a bad pussy.
    Now finish off Dany and we can enjoy the next season with proper actors only.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Glad to see most of the sandsnakes dead. And 'bad pussy' is gonna get a bad pussy.
    Now finish off Dany and we can enjoy the next season with proper actors only.
    you take that back.

everyone stay away from her

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It was Nymeria. What she said was a callback to a conversation that she and Ned had back in season 1. D&D even discuss this since in the aftershow. "That's not you" means that Nymeria has her own life now, just like Arya didn't want to be some wife popping out babies in some castle.
    That's what I got as well. The Direwolf couldn't be anyone but Nymeria. And she has her own life now, so she's not going back to being Arya's pet.

Edit @ the above: yeah, Emilia Clarke is hot. But her acting since S1 has been very wooden. She has two expressions, mildly concerned distress and smug amusement. Sometimes she tries a serious face and it falls completely flat too.

Plus, at this point Sansa is the hottest in the show so poor Dany doesn't even have that going for her anymore.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-07-24 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's what I got as well. The Direwolf couldn't be anyone but Nymeria. And she has her own life now, so she's not going back to being Arya's pet.

Edit @ the above: yeah, Emilia Clarke is hot. But her acting since S1 has been very wooden. She has two expressions, mildly concerned distress and smug amusement. Sometimes she tries a serious face and it falls completely flat too.

Plus, at this point Sansa is the hottest in the show so poor Dany doesn't even have that going for her anymore.
    Frankly the only main girls on the show with passable personalities are Arya, Brienne, Missandrei.... pretty much all the other girls i wanna stab for being idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I was half expecting an undead dragon. Already got an undead Mountain, so it's not too unbelievable. But the other half of me thought an undead dragon would be stupid and therefore I was relieved.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Theres still a great deal involved with killing a dragon even with a siege weapon, are they going to ask it nicely to stand infront of a stationary ballista?
    Bruh, this is the only thing I have been thinking about lately. How tf you going to hit a flying dragon? I hope you got mad aiming skills to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Bruh, this is the only thing I have been thinking about lately. How tf you going to hit a flying dragon? I hope you got mad aiming skills to do that.
    Lannister soldiers are going to have play rock, paper, scissors to see which of them has to try hold it down with ropes haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lannister soldiers are going to have play rock, paper, scissors to see which of them has to try hold it down with ropes haha.
    Let me just toss this rope right here on a fire breathing dragon, it surely won't hurt a bit. Not like it weighs as much as a bus either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    SUFFER MORTALS AS YOUR PATHETIC MAGIC BETRAAaaaaaAAAAAaaays YOU!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Also Emilia doesn't seem like she's any fun. Just read a big interview where she talked about how relieved she was that GoT was soon to be over. Imagine Arya or Sansa's actors saying that. I mean it's a pretty tone deaf thing to say about the job that got you your fame.
    Watch other interviews with her and see how much of an entertaining person she is. GoT makes her seem so bland compared to how she really is.

Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2017-07-25 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You were? I mean, like Qyburn pointed out, Drogon was being hurt by spears at the fighting pits.

Additionally, that scene of the bolt being fired at Balerion's skull is a likely reference to how Aegon's sister Rhaenys died in the Dornish war, when her dragon was killed by a scorpion bolt that hit it in the eye.
    Oh I'm sure its effective if it lands its mark I was just expecting something more... creative

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Sure if its flying around in circles hundreds of feet up in the air...

If it a couple dozen feet off the ground flying in straight lines strafing people with fire though... Especially if you are firing at it with many weapons at once.