Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drunk/distracted drivers are scum precisely because it seems they're always killing other people rather than themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    ...maybe because seatbelts are uncomfortable?
    Maybe adjust it properly?

Don't come crying to me when you get ejected from a car, break your neck and never move anything below your neck again.
    Putin khuliyo

Wow, Not only was she a Dumb ass for using her Phone while Driving. The dumb B*tch was actually under the influence as well. Some people.

Is that considered "VERY VERY GORY" ?

Either you guys are overly sensitive, or I've spent too much time around some of the more exciting places of the web. In comparison to some of the stuff out there, that video is nothing.

..But it's probably a combination of both I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Caution: Video is VERY VERY GORY AND NOT NSFW.

WTF??? Your sister literally dies in front of you and you keep filming it/exploiting her like that?? What a evil B...

http://abc30.com/news/18-year-old-wo...banos/2244689/

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An 18-year-old Stockton woman is in jail accused of driving under the influence during a deadly crash Friday. The live Instagram recording shows Obdulia Sanchez next to a dead crash victim.

Authorities say a 14-year-old died in the crash and, in the video, she references the victim as her sister. The CHP says two minors were in the back seat were not wearing seatbelts.

The CHP says Sanchez was under the influence when she rolled her car over, into a barbed wire fence and then a field. The Merced County Sheriff says 14-year-old Jacqueline Sanchez was killed in the crash near Henry Miller Road and Highway 165.

"I killed my sister, but I don't care," she said in the video. "I killed my sister. I know I'm going to prison, but I don't care. I'm sorry baby. I'm a hold it down."

Family members confirm the video was shot by Obdulia Sanchez. They say the victim, Jacqueline Sanchez of Stockton, was supposed to celebrate her Quinceanera Sunday.

A 14-year-old girl from Fresno was also in the car and was badly injured.

Sanchez is now in the Merced County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter while under the influence and DUI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABWI49W9kdU (Changed the video from being embedded to a link, due to how graphic it is.)
    Should be a pretty easy conviction.

10+ Year Old Account
    That move was stupid as fuck but she was clearly in shock afterwards. Theres no way her mind would let her actually grasp what had just happened. She could see the dead body, she the accident caused the trauma, but the mind simply won't let the gravity and emotional reality of death sink in at that moment.

I wouldn't seek out the video, its absolutely disgusting. I've seen a lot of death videos but for someone this one made me audibly react.

Wear your seatbelts, don't drive distracted.

AND STOP FUCKING BLAMING "HIP-HOP CULTURE". Thats like blaming video games because some kid shot up his school. What about all the all dumbasses that drive recklessly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Maybe adjust it properly?

Don't come crying to me when you get ejected from a car, break your neck and never move anything below your neck again.
    Don't even have to go through the window. I've know too many people who have died because of not wearing seatbelts. The most recent one was from the man smacking the windshield of car, driver was knocked into a coma, probably was under the influence but I try not to get into the specifics.

I honestly feel weird without a seatbelt on.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Should be a pretty easy conviction.
    It's in Cali. I bet she walks.

Good ol' Stockton. Way to do your city proud, girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It's in Cali. I bet she walks.
    She'd get a year and $1000 fine... life changing.

Honestly, and this is my opinion on DUIs we are far too lenient. There is no excuse for driving under the influence... NONE. Its ALWAYS someone else that pays the price.

My little brother has been in 3 accidents while under the influence, and never hurt anyone. He killed a tree, wreck a K-rail, and flipped his car. These fucks just don't learn.

I had a kid who worked for me, who woke up with his car stuck on median. He paid $1000 fine, spent a night in jail, and wore an anklet for a whole days... during which time he could go to work and then straight back home... with like an hour buffer on either end of his shift.

Rape a child and you can get 7-13 years in prison.

Put hundreds of children's lives in danger by driving home drunk from the bar/club... 1 year. There is something profoundly wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    I'm not even mad.

I'm not even sad.

At least they won't be breeding.
    I bet the driver has a kid later in life.

I actually think this is kind of amusing. I don't have a lot of empathy for humanity in general and even less so for ruinous, ignorant &/or foolish humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

For a country that is as authoritarian as Singapore, that surprises me.
    It surprises you because you seemingly don't know shit about Singapore beyond sensationalized media articles about how bad Singapore is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Where do you live? In NZ this is exactly what will happen if your passenger is not wearing a seatbelt. Adults are responsible for their own seatbelt.
    In Qld, AU - both the driver and the 16+ passenger are fined, and the driver loses points for each unbelted passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I actually think this is kind of amusing. I don't have a lot of empathy for humanity in general and even less so for ruinous, ignorant &/or foolish humans.
    Amusing? How? It's not as if the person who caused the accident died... if that happened I could see how some sick person could say "hah that's funny" but... instead they killed someone else who was innocent, what is fucking funny about that? You sound like you need to see a psychiatrist and get treated for whatever the fuck is happening in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Ah I see, so I suppose a driver should just refuse to drive if someone isn't wearing a seatbelt.
    Yes. That's the law pretty much. Why is that weird to you? The driver assumes the responsibility of everybody in the car. In some stats, if a cop sees your passenger not wearing a seatbelt but you are, then you actually both get a ticket. Makes sense to me. You're driving irresponsibly and the law is that if you're not using a seatbelt in a car then you get a ticket. It's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    If your father has a brain in his head, yep! Or he can just eat the ticket when he gets stopped and/or deal with you being splattered all over the road because "hurr derr I dun wear seatbelts".

There is literally 0 reason to ever not wear a seatbelt.
    It takes a certain class, specifically one that of a complete lack of moral scruples, to insult the parents of others just to "get back" at people you otherwise simply disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    If you need to see a video of a child dying, you're sick and need help.
    No more disturbed than someone who would curse the parents of their opponents should they fail to come up with an objective argument.

For what reason would you take off your seatbelt every 5mins during a ride?
    You missed the point entirely the moment you said something like this.

For a country that is as authoritarian as Singapore, that surprises me.
    The US is much worse off today than us, so I am not sure why the preening and holier-than-thou here.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-07-25 at 05:21 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It's a proven fact that your brain forms new neural connections to help you get better at the stuff you dedicate your time to while removing "excess baggage". Guess what? If you spend every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year of every century of every millennium pulling stupid faces for your online "followers", your brain won't care shit for your relatives. It will be quite proficient at snapping hot selfies though.

Self-obsession leads to bad things. Too bad modern people don't really give a sh!t because they are not ashamed of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Self-obsession leads to bad things. Too bad modern people don't really give a sh!t because they are not ashamed of anything.
    Hmm, I can see where you come to this conclusion. But let me put a thesis down: It's not that people in general are not ashamed of anything. It's more that due to the internet, you get to hear about more of these stories. These kinds of idiots have always existed, but they didn't have instagram, twitter and snapchat as an outlet before and their stupdity was locally contained in regional if not local news.

I've grown up in a world where all news you got out of the US here was in newspapers. And that was mostly about global politics. Now I'm sitting in Germany and reading about some dumbass stunt from some insignificant 18yr old that killed her sister in the process in some backwater area of the US from a news outlet called KFSN (whatever that is, it sounds local...). It's not that the stupid have become stupider. It's that I get to hear about the stupid more often, not just our own in Europe (lol, swiss chainsaw massacre is real guys), but also the ones from areas that I wouldn't know before.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm, I can see where you come to this conclusion. But let me put a thesis down: It's not that people in general are not ashamed of anything. It's more that due to the internet, you get to hear about more of these stories. These kinds of idiots have always existed, but they didn't have instagram, twitter and snapchat as an outlet before and their stupdity was locally contained in regional if not local news.

I've grown up in a world where all news you got out of the US here was in newspapers. And that was mostly about global politics. Now I'm sitting in Germany and reading about some dumbass stunt from some insignificant 18yr old that killed her sister in the process in some backwater area of the US from a news outlet called KFSN (whatever that is, it sounds local...). It's not that the stupid have become stupider. It's that I get to hear about the stupid more often, not just our own in Europe (lol, swiss chainsaw massacre is real guys), but also the ones from areas that I wouldn't know before.
    Fair enough but on the other hand you also have thousands upon thousands of cases where people do dumb things to get "famous" that don't make it to the news. Kids jumping off the roof for selfies, "pranking" the police, setting their friends on fire etc. The vast majority of those cases won't end in tragedy but all of them have the potential to. When you can do inane things and get "upvotes" it only promotes dangerous behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Fair enough but on the other hand you also have thousands upon thousands of cases where people do dumb things to get "famous" that don't make it to the news. Kids jumping off the roof for selfies, "pranking" the police, setting their friends on fire etc. The vast majority of those cases won't end in tragedy but all of them have the potential to. When you can do inane things and get "upvotes" it only promotes dangerous behaviors.
    I agree. But look at the bright side, they are furthering the cause of evolution and removing themselves from the gene pool. In this particular case it didn't hit the right person, unfortunately. But hey, one less person that doesn't know how to use the seatbelt when the driver is doing anything but driving. So it's not all bad.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I actually feel sorry for the older sister, I have compassion for people who are on the edge. She has been brainwashed by internet.