Blizzard is currenly in the best opportunity for a Warcraft Anime/Series?

This is not a joke post or something and its not about anime exclusive but a series in general its just that anime will cost less and draw more attention (and there is already warcraft manga anyway), now lets talk about why. Blizzard is currently in the best opportunity for a Warcraft Anime based on none other than Thrall himself. Thrall is currently on a quest for soul-searching, he has left everything behind and tries to find the truth for himself and for what he should do in the future.

So there can be a series based on this part, through his searching and in a moment of desperation he will be transported to another universe and meet new people which resemble the Warcraft orcs but in a different way and can control the elements in some methods he hasn't seen before. During his adventures they will prove to him that his true power comes from within himself and not from the elemental lords and together with the new characters that he will meet he will defeat the villain of their world (who will probably be voiced by a popular voice actor from other anime) and at the end he will return back to Azeroth with his unlocked potential and a new voice which will represent his true power.

This will both be very successful and a good addition to the Warcraft franchise but it will also cover a big part of Thrall's story since in the game we will probably never see what he did in his journey until he returns. The final episode of this anime, and especially the last scene where he returns to Azeroth and familiar Warcrat characters greet him will literally be a huge success.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-07-25 at 03:37 AM.

honestly after castlevania and the overwatch short ive been thinking blizz should partner with netflix to make more. they should do all of their series and have a bunch of blizzard shows like marvels defenders verse
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

A well done animated series would be a treat. If the same people that did Netflix's Castlevania did something similar for Warcraft, I'd have high hopes for it. The trailer for Doomfist also made me crave an OW series as well.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    A well done animated series would be a treat. If the same people that did Netflix's Castlevania did something similar for Warcraft, I'd have high hopes for it. The trailer for Doomfist also made me crave an OW series as well.
    we damn near posted the same thing lol.

id love a diablo series, a warcraft series, a starcraft series, a overwatch series, and then a deadpool esque comedy series based on hots mixed with hearthstone.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

They would absofuckinglutely choose Overwatch over Warcraft for that.

I'd even say I'd expect the next Blizzard film would not be Warcraft. I think they see it as dead and unprofitable.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    They would absofuckinglutely choose Overwatch over Warcraft for that.

I'd even say I'd expect the next Blizzard film would not be Warcraft. I think they see it as dead and unprofitable.
    definitely not lol.

while i agree they would choose overwatch most likely, i feel like if overwatch did well theyd definitely do warcraft.

warcraft is a household name, yes the movie bombed in america but it still did very well it just wasnt super profitable. a warcraft series would have a much much MUCH lower budget and would need a much lower threshold for profitability.

animation is outsourced and dirt cheap these days.

warcraft products still sell well, thats why were still getting novels all the damn time as well as plushies and shirts and other baubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    definitely not lol.
    Looking at the impact OW has created to people even beyond their normal consumers (WoW/Diablo), I'd bet money that they would do a series of OW over Warcraft.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    definitely not lol.

while i agree they would choose overwatch most likely, i feel like if overwatch did well theyd definitely do warcraft.

warcraft is a household name, yes the movie bombed in america but it still did very well it just wasnt super profitable. a warcraft series would have a much much MUCH lower budget and would need a much lower threshold for profitability.

animation is outsourced and dirt cheap these days.

warcraft products still sell well, thats why were still getting novels all the damn time as well as plushies and shirts and other baubles.

The Warcraft Live Action movie is officialy the best selling game-movie of all time so it obviously was profitable and a lot, as Wikipedia says '''The Warcraft film grossed $433 million worldwide making it the highest-grossing video game adaptation of all time.''

Warcraft didn't have the numbers they were looking for. It was a one time pony show. Overwatch is definitely par for the course, when it comes for another movie/animated series. Overwatch is the new generation of games and is the new cash cow of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    The Warcraft Live Action movie is officialy the best selling game-movie of all time so it obviously was profitable and a lot, as Wikipedia says '''The Warcraft film grossed $433 million worldwide making it the highest-grossing video game adaptation of all time.''
    it is the highest grossing yes, but it still lost money. you can make a shit ton at the box office and not make a profit, like batman vs superman

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Looking at the impact OW has created to people even beyond their normal consumers (WoW/Diablo), I'd bet money that they would do a series of OW over Warcraft.
    i agreed with that bit

I think something like that is very possible. I doubt it'd be anime but possible.

Especially with overwatch. It could be made into something great. Hell the animated shorts themselves prove that, they're so good. They have emotion, fun characters, good villains, etc. I hope something happens with it.

I think in terms of anything animated especially for a series I'd prefer their choice to be overwatch rather than Warcraft even though I love WoW. The stage is basically set for a series with overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I had been hoping for a series thanks to Overwatch, haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Too expensive or it would lack quality, i would love cinematic quality series with a proper storyline but they would be too expensive for only a few million to watch and x10 million to illegally watch.

Or they are gonna be 10 minute episodes with 30 minutes ads to get the cash required

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd even settle for some well made animations made using in-game graphics, like the in-game cinematics we got so far.