Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The funny thing is that the biggest reason for this is simply the fragile male ego. The vast majority of them just don't want alimony even though they COULD get it.

Of course sometimes it's just because some judges are sexist against women, which in turn means they rule in favor of the woman. Kind of ironic that this form of sexism actually benefits women.
    And a lot of Men just want the divorce and such over with so many of them just submit to whatever their former spouse wants. For all the banging on about how unfair the court systems treat men you would think they'd fight for what they're owed or in child custody battles for their children.

I never had to pay my ex-wife a dime of alimony nor did I have to split my assets with her after the divorce. Hell the judge looked at my ex-wife and pretty much told her that she's going to have to use this experience to learn how to take care of herself. Men really need to stop rolling over and trading alimony payments for a quick a release from divorce proceedings....you'll lose every time.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    On the one hand, $10 million is egregious. On the other hand, this guy is a dick and definitely needs to pay something. A 50% asset split is not justice, though.
    Didn't the man boast he had a 50mil business? 10 mil is 1/5th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Didn't the man boast he had a 50mil business? 10 mil is 1/5th.
    Did he own all of it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    -Rich older Men prefer young women to older women
    Fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    She didnt do anything to earn that money. She doesnt deserve a cent of the money he earned. Screw the gold digging bitch. She can go get her own job. Alimony is bullshit in 2017. It made sense in 1940 when women didnt typically have jobs or work experience. Now its just abused by women who marry a guy with the intent of taking half his shit, after a period of time
    Pretty much. There is no excuse or reason whatsoever for alimony to still be a thing. Period. And there sure as hell shouldn't be jail time over it.

She didnt do anything to earn that money. She doesnt deserve a cent of the money he earned. Screw the gold digging bitch. She can go get her own job. Alimony is bullshit in 2017. It made sense in 1940 when women didnt typically have jobs or work experience. Now its just abused by women who marry a guy with the intent of taking half his shit, after a period of time
    She gave up 40 years of her life to him. What they have are mutual assets gained since they have been married. She is rightfully entitled to half of everything gained after the wedding vows.
    As far as alimony is concerned. I personally don't believe in that since we live in the era of everyone being equal.

Deleted
    You guys realize that he will still have to pay money?
    It's not "pay up or be jailed".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    She gave up 40 years of her life to him. What they have are mutual assets gained since they have been married. She is rightfully entitled to half of everything gained after the wedding vows.
    As far as alimony is concerned. I personally don't believe in that since we live in the era of everyone being equal.
    I mean, the context of the conversation is alimony so the rest of your post is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could get 10 million dollars for 6 months in jail.

"Gave up". You'd do great in a divorce court with playing the victim so well.

\10chat, as dirty as it feels to post in a tennistroll thread.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...f-a5599a8f3c3b

What a shocking read!! Much more at the link.

The audacity of this guy. A second woman in Asia and then when the divorce settlement comes, he prefers to go to prison? I mean really? You really have to wonder what's going on in some peoples' minds..

Do you think the ruling was fair? 10 million? Given what took place?
    i think divorce laws in the us are absolute fucking trash. so no i dont think she deserves 10 million dollars.

Frankly, if I were the woman now I would chalk this up as a much bigger and satisfying victory than getting the 10 million.

In fact, I would hope he keeps denying to pay up so he has to keep going back to prison.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Maybe I missed it from the article, but why should the ex-wife get $10 million? Did she contribute to the wealth and that's the estimated amount she earned?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Maybe I missed it from the article, but why should the ex-wife get $10 million? Did she contribute to the wealth and that's the estimated amount she earned?
    I very much doubt so...

10+ Year Old Account
    He's missing the easy option spend 5 million on a good assas... I mean diver to take her on a trip she would never forget, after which their would be no need for talks about payments, and he would be up 5 million dollars. Or hell he can give the local crack bum 500$ for the same endgame.

Joking aside, I honestly don't think shes worth $10M (To tell the truth I wouldn't be surprised if she was cheating on him as well, he just was found out first.), but she probably dose have some claim to some of their combined wealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    impressive cherrypicking mr mangina. Can you make a thread everytime a guy gets divorced rape?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good on him. Fuck People that think they are entitled to a vast amount of someone else's money. Alimony laws are archaic and idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to not read the article posted by the OP. It's six months and he still has to pay once his prison time is done. On August 4th he has to pay or he's back behind bars.
    He doesn't have to pay. He can remain in jail until she gives up. White collar prison is basically a retreat for him as well. He is at retirement age, so he will wait her out.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    aahahahha. He spent 40 years with her, maybe all his own money is his own payment for being with an insufferable bitch for 40years.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    On the one hand, $10 million is egregious. On the other hand, this guy is a dick and definitely needs to pay something. A 50% asset split is not justice, though.
    why is it not? she was the wife and did everything at home while he went to work... His chose to have his wife stay home..

Now she is a unskilled barely employable retail worker with no real skills because she chose to stay home to be the wife.... She deserves half. the article doesn't state if they had children but if they did she also probably raised them while he was off banging Philippino hores half his wifes ago.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-07-25 at 07:02 AM.