Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Seating is never random at these kind of events...
    It doesn't mater if it is or not. You don't need to go with assumptions, when the reality is what it is. Two highly controversial figures, who's controversy is explicitly related, are sitting next to each other. It being general admission seating, as little sense as that makes, has no impact on wanting to know what was discussed, from a person sitting across from them. No need for speculation...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm excited for it to become received knowledge that the only reason Trump won the election is because the Russians got to Jill Stein.

Jokes aside, looking at state results, there are three major swing states that Clinton would have won if she's received every Stein vote if I'm reading this correctly. I don't think this is a particularly good way of looking at things given that Johnson was far more influential in vote count, the Greens always scrape up a few cranks, and a number of Green Party voters were disaffected leftists that explicitly dislike Clinton, but hey, it's still worth a look.
    I don't know much about this story but you can't just look at the vote counts. There was a lot of people who didn't vote, in part because of what Stein was doing. She was even there during the Democratic convention riling up the people. She almost never attacked Trump because she didn't see any votes coming from that side. All of her attacks were against Clinton and the DNC so she would have had an impact on things. If she truly believed in the green philosophy then she would have said something like vote Clinton in swing states and green in red and blue states. One just has to look at how much difference the SCOTUS appointment and EPA made to what the greens say is important to them. It was even worse because her attacks were against the DNC which could have effected senator elections in certain states. I can see her supporters not even going to vote because they were so angry with the DNC and the net result there is that the GOP won the senate.

I am not saying that Jill Stein is the reason why things happened but it was certain a factor. Another piece of the perfect storm, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I don't know much about this story but you can't just look at the vote counts. There was a lot of people who didn't vote, in part because of what Stein was doing. She was even there during the Democratic convention riling up the people. She almost never attacked Trump because she didn't see any votes coming from that side. All of her attacks were against Clinton and the DNC so she would have had an impact on things. If she truly believed in the green philosophy then she would have said something like vote Clinton in swing states and green in red and blue states. One just has to look at how much difference the SCOTUS appointment and EPA made to what the greens say is important to them. It was even worse because her attacks were against the DNC which could have effected senator elections in certain states. I can see her supporters not even going to vote because they were so angry with the DNC and the net result there is that the GOP won the senate.

I am not saying that Jill Stein is the reason why things happened but it was certain a factor. Another piece of the perfect storm, so to speak.
    Exactly. The degree of the impact is the unimportant part. But considering the dossier is being proven more accurate, its claims coincide with the timing of events perfectly, and Stein's own platform and post election antics show a woman and party who were more interested in running as "I'm left and I hate Hillary Clinton so vote for me!" even though she pushed a pro Russian agenda, left Trump conveniently alone, and has been joining the alt right in running down the Russian investigation, becoming more unhinged about it over time, and especially now that she's named. She was never targeting independents or people on the right but was trying to rile up already Dems to drop the party.

It's all a little too convenient to be a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    HOWEVER in Europe many left wing or far left parties generally are supported by Russia or have good ties or a desire of good ties with Russia.

Think of Tsipras in Greece, Melenchon in France, the SPD in Germany, Jeremy Corbyn in the United Kingdom and others like them.
    Just out of curiosity, do you have sources on these claims or are you hoping no one gives a shit to ask for you to back that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.