Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Each expansion used to have some kind of troll content. Vanilla with ZG, TBC with ZA, WotLK... well there was that whole troll zone I guess. Cataclysm had the revamps of the dungeons, MoP had the isle of thunder (though kinda split with the mogu). Haven't had anything since then so wouldn't surprise me they are taking a break from those things until releasing some very big patch where Zul himself fits in.

They will probably send us back in time to a universe where the Trolls won whatever war they lost. WoD 2.0
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Been too long since we really had one imo.
    And I thank all the deities that exist and those that don't exist it is that way. No trolls. No more. Ever. I understand other's love for them. I simply cannot stand their Jamaican style, their movement animations (especially males) and I simply loathe their speech manner. I have shivers of disgust every time I hear "mon". Brr....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    They will probably send us back in time to a universe where the Trolls won whatever war they lost. WoD 2.0
    Well, I would actually love to go back to Azeroth where the Troll empires were at their peak!

Absolutely. There's still so much that can be explored with Trolls. I think Zandalar can at the least be an entire patch, with 3 dungeons, a raid, and like 3 or 4 zones. Maybe some island hopping and canopy/cave exploration too.

I imagine a raid like an ancient Troll Catacomb beneath Zuldazar (Zandalar's capital) with Bone/Crystal Spiders, Giant Rockworms, Vampiric Bats, Corrupt Loa, Shadow Hunters, and some Dark Troll Berserker King lording over it all. It could even have cavernous water areas with an Octopus Lao God, because why the hell not?

Zones like some huge, sprawling Stranglethorn Vale-like jungles, complete with burial sites, overgrown arenas, a Snake Loa God, waterfalls, and some sacred Loa temples. Hakkar the Beastmaster, summoned by twisted shamans, priests, and witch doctors resides in one jungle, corrupting it and summoning felhunters. Plants and wildlife are warped/twisted. The other jungle could have a Shadow Hunter society or Hydra Loa or Makrura socieities.

Or an Aqir/Zandalari battleground/graveyard, rife with lore and artifacts. Maybe even some surviving Aqir that were cut off from the world, Galápagos-isle style.

Then you've got Mount Mugamba. A massive, icy mountain with Ice Trolls, probably jormungur-like creatures, and who knows what else up there.

And lastly, Zuldazar and King Rastakan. Maybe this patch coincides with the Troll Gathering of all tribes from around Azeroth. How cool would it be to see the ceremonies and lore from that?

10+ Year Old Account
    forget trolls. go tauren.

i want a full on tauren raid.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Been too long since we really had one imo.

I thought you guys wiped out all the Troll tribes, its practically a genocide at this point.

I see Zandalar as more of a major zone/continent of an expansion.
    The troll conflict has been a persistent main-stay in Warcraft for a long time.
    So I'm hoping for a bigger pay-off than just one dungeon or raid can deliver.

But if it's just another random hidden troll village, that could make for an okay dungeon/raid.

Yes! Give me the epicness of Isle of Thunder + Throne of Thunder again!

Deleted
    Yes, my man. I've said it before, we've been without a Troll themed raid for far too long. ZG, ZA, ToT...o boy I love those.

yeah, we havent had a troll themed raid since ToT
    that was 2 expansions ago

i really hope we get at least one the next expac

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, wouldn't mind but comes down to the story of the next expansion. If it is the South Seas, then a Zandalar patch would be great.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    No, we really had enough Zul this and that imo. And there's so many variations of trolls nowadays.
    Zul. Hmm. A questline in Kun-Lai. Then Isle of Thunder. No, doesn't sound like enough to me. And we really only have 5 varieties of troll. Jungle, sand, forest, ice, and Zandalari.

By comparison you'd need an encyclopedia to list all the varieties of elves and derivitive species.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Zandalari don't have a lot of forces left to waste them again like that, pretty sure the next Troll patch will be in the isle of Zandalar itself and interacting with Prophet Zul and King Rastakhan

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The half sunken city of Zandalar would be pretty cool.
    knowing blizzard they will tie it into the naga sunken city expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Never again, we've killed damn near all of them. They are as played out as orcs.
    lol

Amani,
    gurabashi,
    Arathi,
    Zalndalari,
    Darkspear,

There are heaps of tribes left.

I WANT to see King Rastakan, and the isle of Zandalar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I thought you guys wiped out all the Troll tribes, its practically a genocide at this point.
    if lore isnt canon, and they actually go by it, we have a massive albeit sinking island called Zandalar which houses majority of the Zandalari, and the King of Trolls Rastakan.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dear god please no. I'd take another selfie camera patch over anything troll related

7+ Year Old Account
    Elves used to be trolls, and surumar.... so that was a massive troll patch, sort of.

Deleted
    Zandalari aside, there is still lots of untapped Troll potential in game. For example:

- The giant pyramid maze in the Hinterlands could easily be turned into a 5 man dungeon (Witherbark are mostly left alone, only making a minor appearance in ToT);
    - The unused Troll temple in Zul'Drak (behind the dungeon) can be a raid;
    - The Trolls in the Horde are seemingly leaderless now and could get some story-driven content in- and around their isles.