Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no creator in Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's not fact at all though. Elune did not give us the Tears at all, some force purified the corrupted Tear that Xavius implanted on Ysera. I am not saying that was not Elune, it most likely was, but we have no verification that that was Elune. So let's not treat things as facts.

And the book Khadgar wrote still makes no sense chronologically.
    We can't really tell if she purified it or remade it. Ysera's body disappears and you get a flower sprouting out and revealing a pure Tear.

And while we have no in-game verification, we do have out-of-game verification from the artists that made the vid mentioning that they were explicitly told to portray Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There is no creator in Warcraft.
    But I play a priest?

Deleted
    I thought of the theory (based on knowledge i read from Chronicle) - what if Elune is the actual Moon orbiting Azeroth? When the Titans came down and ripped out Y'Shaarj from the core of the planet they caused a deep wound in the planet itself which caused the life essence of the nascent titan to leak out. What if during this event some portion of rock / piece of the planet was also dragged out but ended up orbiting the planet itself and becoming the moon? This piece of rock (if originates from the center of Azeroth) could be some other lifeforms that has been sprung from the titan within the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    But I play a priest?
    Which race? Because only the night elves believe on a goddess. There isn't a "Church of the Titans" and yet they built half of the playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    Elune seems to be most closely associated with Life, druids, etc. which implies that she'd fall into that general group, but the wild gods we've actually met seem to consider her above them. She's also associated with a mix of arcane and nature magic, while most of the rest of the deity-figures we know of are exclusive to only one.
    did you come later to Warcraft? during wow expansions?

I day that b/c it's during wow, that you only ever saw night elves as druids, and Elune only mentioned amongst them, giving the feeling she was more a druid thing.. but it's never actually been that. All night elves, including arcane wielding night elf mages, during the kaldorei empire period, priestesses (99% of them), and the druids that came both before Malfurion's re-birth of the art and after it, worshipped and revered Elune. We know after a while many of the highborne became less interested following Azshara in scchism that was widening between preist and highborne mage who were initially quite tight, as it was priests that became the first mages as they studied the well. The mage order arises from the priesthoods fascination with the well and the percecption of the goddess and this is how they first come to study magic and are the first to practice it as an art and develop it and have led the way in it ever since.

She's got not little to do with druidsm, and I don't recall her being nature based at all..she's been principally more arcane and divine based than nature based.. the druids access her arcane elements, which I've always presumed its because they're elves and their innate natural link to the arcane (they have an arcane essence being reformed by the very well itself), they worship her becauase all night elves know she is Goddess, and most druids in game are night elves even though she isn't their patron deity/focus - their wild power over nature is harnessed via the knowledge from the wild gods, no nature spell comes from elune. The Elune spells are either arcane or divine. Furthermore, Cenarius the father of druidsm is Elune's son, so whiles he is very familiar with the natural power of the world having a wild god for a father, he is able to draw on his mothers power too, it makes sense that aspects of that have been learnt by Malfurion and taught to druids too, which is why both Priestesses of the Moon and druids can cast starfall.

Though Azshara and her highborne eventually turned to trusting in their command of the power of the Well rather than the goddess their kind believed was the source behind it or driver of it, Azsuna quests, artifacts, item notes, ghost scrolls, spirit texts, speech etc tell you and show you how many a highborne came to diminish, (incl some of the priesthood) devotion to the goddess in favor of more arcane power, and fascination of the queen. A decision they regret.
    Elune was shown and presented first as an arcane-light goddess in respect to mage-priesthood night elven race. As their story develops and the sundering happens, and the first main night elf group stops using the arcane, and the mage class falls into dis-use amongst them, the priesthood still continues, and Elune permeates the druid class that arises amongst them pretty much as it did the mage class it replaces.

[Extra stuff] Amongst the other two night elven groups.. the night elves in Eldre'thalas and those that closed themselves off in the dome in Suramar - both actually continue in the arcane tradition but neither have a priesthood. Suramar who also served as the capital of the priesthood remember had its high priestess Tyrande lead all the priesthood to join the Suramar army that went to challenge Azshara at Zin'Azshari, none of them stayed behind, so the nightborne have been without a priesthood till Tyrande herself returned in 7.1 to her city of birth and the temple she trained in called the Cathedral of Eternal Night. The highborne of Eldre'thalas, also had no priesthood amongst them that we know off. They could have done, but they are all members of House Shen'dralar, it is highly unlikely, that the shen'dralar who knew other night elves survived but chose to stay in isolation continueing their lavish lifestyle in the post apocalyptic world and do nothing because their magical needs were satisfied by a demon, would have sat there with priests amongst them and not tried to reach out. So it's unlikely they had any. There is also nothing amongst the shen'dralar that indicates that they did.
    Their house was a highborne house through and through, and whiles that doesn't exactly preculde a priesthood being around, wellthere is nothing to show that there was one. The once intertwined and in-separable mage and priesthood did become segregated entirely post sundering - as did all the disciplines the night elves were involved with. Druids and priests did not "mix" or "work together"during the Long vigil. They were segregated, each doing their duties which were very different. And as mage art was banned amongst the hyjal survivors... you can figure the rest.

But I play a priest?
    Your point being?

There've been plenty of priests throughout history that weren't serving a creator deity.

A human or dwarven priest canonically believes in a concept, not a being, too.

OP looks more like random guessing than any real speculation to me, honestly.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-07-25 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    dShe's got not little to do with druidsm, and I don't recall her being nature based at all.
    You mean aside from her supposedly being Cenarius' mother?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean aside from her supposedly being Cenarius' mother?
    There's a merit in what you quoted. As far as the technical aspects of the discipline goes, druidism is not quite as closely related to Elune as most people believe. Malfurion mastered the art without even having much faith in Elune.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-07-25 at 10:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All Pillars of Creation (except of Tears?) are named after their creators - titans. Where would titans get Tears from? In fact it might imply that Elune was/is a titan. Actually she might be Eonar.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiren View Post
    All Pillars of Creation (except of Tears?) are named after their creators - titans. Where would titans get Tears from? In fact it might imply that Elune was/is a titan. Actually she might be Eonar.
    Do we have any actual confirmation for that? And why wouldn't they just be called the Tears of Eonar if they were?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do we have any actual confirmation for that? And why wouldn't they just be called the Tears of Eonar if they were?
    No confirmation, it's speculation only as everything in this thread. Also this has been speculated for a while now at many different places, you can find many hints/facts supporting this theory. Nevertheless, that's just what I believe that might be true, yet we will have to wait to see
    Also Tears wouldn't be named after Eonar for the same reason why Azeroth's citizens call "possible Eonar" Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiren View Post
    No confirmation, it's speculation only as everything in this thread. Also this has been speculated for a while now at many different places, you can find many hints/facts supporting this theory. Nevertheless, that's just what I believe that might be true, yet we will have to wait to see
    Also Tears wouldn't be named after Eonar for the same reason why Azeroth's citizens call "possible Eonar" Elune.
    Well, I'd wait till 7.3 for that one. With that in tow, I'm not sure how those two would actually work personally because of what happens and is revealed there.

Basically Eonar's spirit is on Argus inside a new body (we can asusme), so I don't think she could do her magic with Val'sharah basically, not sure Titans power can reach across the cosmos and move celestial bodies to perform an Eclipse while on Argus either.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which race? Because only the night elves believe on a goddess. There isn't a "Church of the Titans" and yet they built half of the playable races.
    Taurens worship the Earth Mother (Sun is meant to be one eye of hers) and Trolls worship Loa.

Deleted
    I'd always thought that Elune is in eternal battle with Kil'Jaeden one forming the BC the other the army of light but neither being able to lead in full form as they are trapped in that battle.
    So both have found ways to project parts or send light particles(naaru) to their followers to act in their stead.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Taurens worship the Earth Mother (Sun is meant to be one eye of hers) and Trolls worship Loa.
    That same Earth Mother has An'she as the Sun and Mu'sha as the Moon, who Elune is meant to be Mu'sha hence why Taurens got Druidism originally.

Loa are similar to the Wild Gods but they don't overlap but do in areas. Basically Taurens and Night Elves with Elune is a bit like how Jesus is in Christianity and Islam but respectively, a different person in both.

No, Eonar's spirit is not anywhere near Argus, it is hidden and Aggramar is constantly looking for it. Eonar contacts Magni, Illidan realizes our best way to get to Eonar is to get inside Antorus and use the Legion's portal network there.
    Fair enough, not sure why she is a raid boss and is stated as Eonar there but that's possibly something to see. But the point was that she couldn't do the Eclipse and claim Y'sera in Val'sharah if she is disposed elsewhere - she would basically signal to Aggramar then that she was next to Azeroth if she did since Legion are there, they won't miss the Moon in the sky changing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Well Elune is rather enigmatic whatsoever and has an own agenda.
    If we assume that she is actually a being of light (assuming her relation with the naaru is true) then we could say she doesnt give a flyin f for arcane beings like the titans and their agenda and we can see that through her actions. And residing on moon is most probably the only way lower creatures like azeroth mortals can face her since they cannot face her directly but only through the moon (that is actually reflecting light or w/e basic astronomy can tell us about it) -- moon could be her avatar or something trololol.
    That would also explain why she has little patience with shadow/void priests tauntin her in her temple...
    But i bet Aviana knows better.
    That's an interesting theory. Elune might indeed be so bright that she could harm us with her light so that's why she uses moon.

Deleted
    I'm a middle eastern and I'm a vegan budhist. U can't discriminate other religions by saying there are only 3 in middle east.
    The 3 of you vegan buddhists of Middle East are not exactly a force to take into account when looking at the deadly clusterfuck that the war-torn region is and spotting the strong cultural theme of Middle East that is, and will remain, abrahamic monotheisms trying to prove which one is right. And even the local Christians are mostly just victims in escalating islamic conflicts since none of their groups is nearly strong enough to become aggressive.

7+ Year Old Account
    We go to the world where her soul has been hidden for all this time and defend her from the Paraxis (which we assume is some kind of Legion vehicle/invasion force) I still think our best bet on finding out what Elune is, is to actually make an effort to visit the actual moon!
    That's exactly what I am thinking about. Her sanctuary might be the White Lady and portal takes us there.