Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    lol how is that post hostile? they are just complaining about fast nerf, understandable after awful boss tuning and slow fixes by blizz.
    IMHO, they're mainly talking about fixes that were applied during first two weeks of progression, that list is huge and obv nothing is mentioned in official patch notes.

Obv they mean new incoming nerfes too, but fast nerfes after first few kills are the norm nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The nerf's to the boss prior to Method's kill made the boss possible "before 950" as the Method interview stated, hell, they couldn't even be sure the boss would be killable in 970 much less 950. It's clear that Blizzard either doesn't test the end bosses themselves and just changes tuning to make it mythic, or the test outside of the bounds of what is physically possible for the raids to have going into it. You run into, do we let the masses test the boss, or do we try to do what we can with limited testing (I mean, seriously, I doubt they have Method level raiders in QA).

The point still stands though with this particular nerf, damned if they do damned if they don't. Exorsus would have complained if they nerfed the boss while Exorsus was progressing because they didn't get to kill the same boss as Method, and I guess they complain if it's nerfed after. Maybe this level of raiding isn't for them anymore.
    The problem is that "this level of raiding" has turned into being free beta-testers of fights.
    Both guilds wasted hundreds of man hours (rough estimate of 5hrs/day x5 days for 40 raiders it was likely more))
    Wiping in under a minute for hundreds of pulls can hardly be called raiding.

as the average age of a blizzard employee raises, their care about world first race falls. im sure at this point most of them just care about their paycheck and their job is a drag

a lot of the statements i make are pure satire but im 100% serious that blizzard needs to keep hiring people fresh out of college instead of 40 year olds with no creativity or drive. If you think about nearly every landmark game ever made they were for the most part made by very young people who are out to prove themselves and who have good, creative ideas they are ready to iterate through
    Last edited by Jdance; 2017-07-25 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Sco getting to 1500 hp with less than 2% left on the boss.. man that's gotta be enough to turn your asshole inside out
    https://ibb.co/iNvJZk

15+ Year Old Account
    Nerfs would be shitty for a guild close to a kill, but I doubt there actually is one

https://twitter.com/Justw8/status/889711758407065600

You would have been just as mad if they nerfed it a week ago after our kill for not letting you kill the same boss. Grass is always greener.
    is how I'd feel if we were second and they nerfed/changed it before we could kill it (as has happened in the past, especially during cataclysm for me)

Deleted
    Justw8 has no filter !
    I like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post

is how I'd feel if we were second and they nerfed/changed it before we could kill it (as has happened in the past, especially during cataclysm for me)
    You know you did a bad, when your better "Method" calls you out, on said situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait a minute. You're the same guy! XD Wow, my bad.

Deleted
    Starym & co should make an interview with Exorsus, these dudes have a lot of suppressed hate They even had hate screams instead of nerd screams when KJ went down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post

It appears that blizzard tune these bosses that tight just so top guilds can do their thing, be glad about it, then they tone it down to appropriate level. Seriously, this whole bullshit of split runs ruins everything, i can actually imagine their train of thoughts - they don't expect raid to be cleared on week 1 > they expect raid team to run through the instance at least 2 times > this will rise their ILVL compared to week 1 > eventually raid will beat the boss when their ILVL grows. But thanks to split runs you can basically skip this "grinding gear" part and blizzard can't do jack shit about it without pissing off whole community, so they make an encounter ridiculously hard, so players who spend a lot of time on the game still find it extremely challenging (while 99% of community simply sees these encounters as impossible) and they tone it down a little when top guilds struggle, and tone down to acceptable levels so others can actually have a chance on it without grinding gear for 5 weeks straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    The problem is that "this level of raiding" has turned into being free beta-testers of fights.
    Both guilds wasted hundreds of man hours (rough estimate of 5hrs/day x5 days for 40 raiders it was likely more))
    Wiping in under a minute for hundreds of pulls can hardly be called raiding.
    Sco said they raided 12-14 hrs per day, 7 days a week ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Sco said they raided 12-14 hrs per day, 7 days a week ofc.
    Yeah, I went with a lower number since I wasn't sure on exact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It appears that blizzard tune these bosses that tight just so top guilds can do their thing, be glad about it, then they tone it down to appropriate level. Seriously, this whole bullshit of split runs ruins everything, i can actually imagine their train of thoughts - they don't expect raid to be cleared on week 1 > they expect raid team to run through the instance at least 2 times > this will rise their ILVL compared to week 1 > eventually raid will beat the boss when their ILVL grows. But thanks to split runs you can basically skip this "grinding gear" part and blizzard can't do jack shit about it without pissing off whole community, so they make an encounter ridiculously hard, so players who spend a lot of time on the game still find it extremely challenging (while 99% of community simply sees these encounters as impossible) and they tone it down a little when top guilds struggle, and tone down to acceptable levels so others can actually have a chance on it without grinding gear for 5 weeks straight
    This was only exacerbated by the the abortion that is titanforging.

Deleted
    The boss is forgiving as fuck compared to other bosses, Method fucked up and almost wiped so many times on their kill video but still managed to kill it.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    The boss is forgiving as fuck compared to other bosses, Method fucked up and almost wiped so many times on their kill video but still managed to kill it.
    Jaylock is that you?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Blizzard QA were testing Mythic Blackrock Foundry in ilevel 750 gear, (mind you, BRF dropped 695 gear at the time) so it comes as no surprise their tuning is off; they were probably in ilevel 1050 gear or something similarly ridiculous.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    I feel like blizzard test the encounter but with LFR kinds of damage. So especially stuff like the lazer can be easily misjudged. But yeah, after years of making boss encounters they should know better.

all 3 end bosses in WoD were well tuned. Xavius was too easy. Helya and Guldan were fine and now KJ was too hard. They know how - but somehow they completely miss the mark sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I mean honestly it mostly seem like they created a comp full of aerial mobility to allow themselves to fuck up really and they occasionally abused rezz totem and b-rezz to skip some of the adds. They did the middle singularity with the tank add still at 50% and just all hit disengage/charge/shadowstep/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Blizzard QA were testing Mythic Blackrock Foundry in ilevel 750 gear, (mind you, BRF dropped 695 gear at the time) so it comes as no surprise their tuning is off; they were probably in ilevel 1050 gear or something similarly ridiculous.
    Now it makes sense why Method guys are saying that it'd be impossible to do it w/o fixes even in 970 gear.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-25 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly would love to know how they do testing in general.
    Based on the latest ptrs they don't really test anything.
    Because a lot of what was reported to be wrong with classes/tunning on bosses was still there in nh and so was in ToS.

This is why we have things like desolate host and things like Avatar/kj in their current state well not anymore but yeah you get my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly would love to know how they do testing in general.
    From the looks of it they just use pen and paper to calculate everything.