Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anything is possible but it's just unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I highly doubt we'll ever see Tinkers. It's a niche class focused on lore from joke races.

As for the lore it can be bent. Easily. This is Blizzard after all.
    Still want a Bard but that would bring back utility roles and the masses hate not topping the charts. Playing an Elemental Shaman in a raiding guild in BC was my fucking JAM. I didn't do as much damage as the pure DPS but my buffs to my group and my output combined for more overall.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Isnt the unholy DK almost the necro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segaki View Post
    Isnt the unholy DK almost the necro?
    Give him a robe, change his melee to auto-attack bolts from a staff, and strikes to be bigger ranged spells and you're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can you tell me in one sentence: what's the MAIN difference between an Unholy DK and a Necromancer (or: what should be the main difference between an Unholy DK and a possible Necromancer class - and no, range as an argument isn't working)?
    Death Knights use death magic and undead to suplement their own physical prowess in combat (they are, fundamentally, knights); Necromancers' combat prowess IS the death magic.

Perhaps easier to understand, it is like the relationship between Shadow and Subtlety. Sub rogues use shadow magic to supplement their own skill as assassins and make themselves more effective killers. Shadow priests' combat prowess IS the shadow magic. If you take shadow magic away from Sub, you'd still have a deadly assassin trying to slit your throat with a dagger, if you took the shadow magic away from shadow priests, you'd be left with a helpless person in a robe (ignoring the fact that they have healing skills by virtue of a multi-spec class). Similarly, if you took the death magic and undead from a Death Knight, you'd still be facing down a formidable dark warrior reading to cleave you in half; if you took the death magic and undead from a Necromancer, you'd be standing in front of a frail, creepy old man spitting insults at you and maybe trying to stab you with a bone knife.

I also disagree with your asessment that the similar classes are a result of "old" dev practices. Look at Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter is a melee spec that utilizes felfire and demonic power to attack, Warlock is a caster spec that utilizes fel fire and demonic power to attack. This is even reflect in the similarity of some attacks, like Fel Barrage and Channel Demonfire. They even face the identical threat of being overwhelmed by demonic energy and corrupted into semi-demonic entities.

Look at (this) and tell me it wouldn't exist perfectly fine alongside our current Unholy.

Deleted
    I highly doubt we'll ever see Tinkers. It's a niche class focused on lore from joke races.

As for the lore it can be bent. Easily. This is Blizzard after all.
    Have you played an unholy death knight? What on earth could Blizzard possibly add to the game that can match army of the dead, death coil, apocalypse in a different tone?

Unholy deathknights already capture the class fantasy perfectly. Only difference is you are wearing plate instead of cloth armor.

Lore wise death knights have a great connection to necromacy powers through being undead themselves. Something necromancers struggled with or took time to master. Harsh reality is unholy death knights are our necromancer.

We must also consider artifacts. The most famous necromancer used the dead wind harvester. It will make no sense for necromancers to be added in the future only for warlocks to get that weapon.

Also considering that there are NO artifacts for tinkers since it is one based on technology and not ancient powers. It will fit perfectly into the future and make lore sense also in why there is no artifacts for them in legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Give him a robe, change his melee to auto-attack bolts from a staff, and strikes to be bigger ranged spells and you're there.
    well you know how he starts off, that gear is pretty hood and robe'ish

10+ Year Old Account
    Most certainly. And I hope they do happen. I'm a little bored with the three cloth wearers we currently have.

Deleted
    Pretty easy to xmog a deathknight into robes and using a staff since staffs can be xmogged over swords, maces, axes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Have you played an unholy death knight? What on earth could Blizzard possibly add to the game that can match army of the dead, death coil, apocalypse in a different tone?

Unholy deathknights already capture the class fantasy perfectly. Only difference is you are wearing plate instead of cloth armor.

Lore wise death knights have a great connection to necromacy powers through being undead themselves. Something necromancers struggled with or took time to master. Harsh reality is unholy death knights are our necromancer.

We must also consider artifacts. The most famous necromancer used the dead wind harvester. It will make no sense for necromancers to be added in the future only for warlocks to get that weapon.

Also considering that there are NO artifacts for tinkers since it is one based on technology and not ancient powers. It will fit perfectly into the future and make lore sense also in why there is no artifacts for them in legion.
    Again. Use your imagination. Turning into a lich, summoning exploding blood slime, summoning skeletons that can heal instead of simply damaging. Everything that makes Kel'thuzzad, the San'layn and other necromantic folk different from Arthas.

For this class to work, you have to prune the shit out of warlocks and some off dks, just good luck making locks to accept another prune

WoW classes all are used by different "groups" or "subgroups" of people. Raising Undead and using diseases is although used by DKs. There's no place for another class doing exactly the same not being related to the Scourge. And when they're related to the Scourge they just could become Death Knights.
    Just to be clear, are you talking about the character or player? Cause, if you're talking about character, there's the simple fact that they can't just become a DK. Player DKs are all Gen 3 DKs, only Arthas had the power to make them. It's not something you choose or work toward. Plus there's a bunch of other pluses to be a necromancer. For one, you're still alive. You're ranged. You might be frail but have a strong mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just because you copy+pasted 5 screenshots of the same two models it doesn't mean we will have necromancer... We already have Warlock and Unholy DK.
    Did you even read the goddamn post?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Necromancer are all about using dangerous magic and controlling undead. We have warlocks using dangerous magic and death knights controlling undead.
    They could have made necromancers if those other two classes weren't there, but they are, so no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Look at (this) and tell me it wouldn't exist perfectly fine alongside our current Unholy.
    This class concept is great and I really like it. It would be a great addition to the the game - if we did not have Death Knights. Death Knights are incorporating most of those ideas / themes but they are melee and not ranged. That's the only difference. Okay, granted, there's an additional heal spec (a heal spec that won't exist in game because Blizzard deliberately removed all of the second ressources from healers) but it's still just another version of Death Knight. I'd prefer that Necromancer concept over the recent DK in game anytime but both can't and won't coexist because they're too similar. All of those ideas could work if Blizzard wouldn't have made DK the Necromancer class. That's what we've got and we have to live with it.

TL;DR

- Great concept
    - I really like it
    - Too similar with DK to exist in WoW
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-25 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Turning into a lich
    that wouldnt be so different from turning the abomination via dark transform, plus wraith walk already turns the DK uncorporeal
    summoning exploding blood slime
    how is that "so" different to pestilent pustules or defile, or even death and decay?
    summoning skeletons that can heal instead of simply damaging
    The abomination can already mitigate damage, same as the army via famine for example

Everything that makes Kel'thuzzad, the San'layn and other necromantic folk different from Arthas.
    Kel thuzad littterally is just an added frost mage, was using death and decay even in wc3

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Both possible and likely. It can be tied to Scourge expansion. It has strong lore. And last but not least it would create a lot of hype and help sell lot of boxes, unlike some weirdo classes.

I can only imagine level of confusion if they would annouce something like Sea Witch or Spellbreaker. Wait, I don't have to imagine that, we had monks! Don't get me wrong, monks are great, but it created a lot of bad PR for WoW (just compare dislikes for MoP reveal and "worst expac" WoD reveal).
    I'd say that PR probably had more to do with the setting than the introduction of a specific class to be honest. Not sure an expansion that would seem to rehash a decent chunk of Wrath (to make necromancers fit) would be that well received either.

Deleted
    The most logical way ist to make unholy DK a ranged spec and call it a "Necromancer"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxington View Post
    The most logical way ist to make unholy DK a ranged spec and call it a "Necromancer"
    4th spec or some sort of shared advanced class are about the only way I see this happening.

This class concept is great and I really like it. It would be a great addition to the the game - if we did not have Death Knights. Death Knights are incorporating most of those ideas / themes but they are melee and not ranged. That's the only difference. Okay, granted, there's an additional heal spec (a heal spec that won't exist in game because Blizzard deliberately removed all of the second ressources from healers) but it's still just another version of Death Knight. I'd prefer that Necromancer concept over the recent DK in game anytime but both can't and won't coexist because they're too similar. All of those ideas could work if Blizzard wouldn't have made DK the Necromancer class. That's what we've got and we have to live with it.

TL;DR

- Great concept
    - I really like it
    - Too similar with DK to exist in WoW
    If you say so, I don't really see it.

But again, there are plenty of classes that share general magic types (even the most recent ones). The pet spec doesn't resemble Unholy at all, Death Knights don't use bone magic in any sort of similar way, and the plague spec uses diseases nothing like how DKs use them. You could make DKs entirely ranged and the two still wouldn't be even close.