Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vol'jin's offspring (?)

Yenniku is Vol'jin's youngest son. As is a custom with jungle trolls, he was given to the Gurubashi tribe of Zul'Gurub. However, he was lost to the Darkspear tribe after they left with Thrall. He was later captured by Zanzil the Outcast, who had taken control of his body and mind and sent him to the Skullsplitter tribe to make them join him.
    Yenniku is described as the youngest son of Vol'jin, implying that Vol'jin has multiple (or at the very least two children). I'm bringing this up because Blizzard has the opportunity to introduce a potentially new troll character that could (through progression) rise up to be a new Chieftain of the Darkspears.

Alternatively, if Blizz ever introduced racial campaigns, they could introduce multiple children of Vol'jin that could all fight for the status of Chieftain, causing a divide amongst thr Darkspears and possibly even pulling in other jungle troll tribes like the Horde-aligned Shatterspear.

I personally find it interesting as a concept, even though I'm at least 99% sure that Blizz has either forgotten or just doesn't give a shit. What do you think?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    99% blizzard doesnt give a shit and or forgot, because we dont see any at his funeral.

But I like the idea for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Not an elf or human, not important.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Pretty sure Blizzard forgot about Vol'Jin's kids. But I am totally down for race campaigns.

They are hanging out with Med'an

The other two are Failure'jin and Disappointment'jin. From their birth they proved to be worthy of their names and eventually they transcended Trollhood. Failure'jin became the Loa of disappointment and Disappointment'jin became the Loa of failure. Because they couldn't even get that right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me what the deal is with "Med'an" ? I havn't heard or seen anything about him in world of warcraft, but when I read about him on wowwiki he sounds like he should be a very important character in the wow universe. And yet he's not even mentioned once ingame.

I'd like to point out they did do something with one child, Yenniku who was captured if I recall in the quests that Catclysm came with in one of the Stranglethorn areas.
    As for Vol'jin's children, I don't think they will be important they wanted it because let's face it children in generall per say aren't important unless they want them to be. Baine came into leadership quite quietly and outside the game really... Thrall is off with Aggra making babies too and has been left. Velen's child literally had a 5 minute spotlight and died - nothing more. Only one that got a much better progression of character was Anduin bgut even then he didn't shine until he was needed to pivot the story (And we got a nice little coin in the fountain prodding fun at being a child "forever").

They do like to under play it unless it's something to drive the story.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the deal is with "Med'an" ? I havn't heard or seen anything about him in world of warcraft, but when I read about him on wowwiki he sounds like he should be a very important character in the wow universe. And yet he's not even mentioned once ingame.
    Med'an is an exceedingly unpopular character for a variety of reasons - because of this unpopularity it's highly likely his footprint in the game is and will remain non-existent. He has been referenced a handful of times in the external content aside from his comic series (e.g. he is briefly mentioned in "The Prophet's Lesson" short story), but has no connection to current events in any real way, shape, or form.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Not an elf or human, not important.
    Hey hey hey. Orc lives mattered too once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It would be cool that if before dying vol'jin impregnated sylvanas and thats why he made her a warchief. We would have then half elf half troll warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It would be cool that if before dying vol'jin impregnated sylvanas and thats why he made her a warchief. We would have then half elf half troll warchief.
    Dead people can't have babies.

#valkyrorbust

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Hey hey hey. Orc lives mattered too once.
    Matterd so Dadgar could rise through the ranks (human) and then we go to Broken Isles for all the elf stuff :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It sickens me to think his stupidity could have been passed down to his children... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I'd like to point out they did do something with one child, Yenniku who was captured if I recall in the quests that Catclysm came with in one of the Stranglethorn areas.
    As for Vol'jin's children, I don't think they will be important they wanted it because let's face it children in generall per say aren't important unless they want them to be. Baine came into leadership quite quietly and outside the game really... Thrall is off with Aggra making babies too and has been left. Velen's child literally had a 5 minute spotlight and died - nothing more. Only one that got a much better progression of character was Anduin bgut even then he didn't shine until he was needed to pivot the story (And we got a nice little coin in the fountain prodding fun at being a child "forever").

They do like to under play it unless it's something to drive the story.
    I agree that children of major characters don't themselves have to be important, but there is also an extreme lack of Troll characters at the moment. Vol'Jin was probably the only troll character most players actually know by name. There hasn't even been a hint as to who, if anyone, could be the next Troll leader, except maybe Rokhan since he is literally the only other horde-aligned Troll with any degree of character development (and even that is entirely outside of WoW).

Edit: Apparently Rokhan is the defacto Troll leader, as he fills the Troll spot when you get PvP Prestige rewards.
    Last edited by Anoregon; 2017-07-25 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Matterd so Dadgar could rise through the ranks (human) and then we go to Broken Isles for all the elf stuff :P
    Yeah but that came after over saturation of Orcs, so yeah they probably don't want to delve into Horde races, but they really should. I'd like to see something happen with the Taurens, anything really .

Deleted
    Blizzard should hire a lore guy and add him to the questmaking team that actually likes the Horde.

Atm i have a poor view on the lore guys when it comes to the Horde and if they understand at all anything around the faction.
    Since Metzen left it is going downhill with us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yenniku is described as the youngest son of Vol'jin, implying that Vol'jin has multiple (or at the very least two children). I'm bringing this up because Blizzard has the opportunity to introduce a potentially new troll character that could (through progression) rise up to be a new Chieftain of the Darkspears.

Alternatively, if Blizz ever introduced racial campaigns, they could introduce multiple children of Vol'jin that could all fight for the status of Chieftain, causing a divide amongst thr Darkspears and possibly even pulling in other jungle troll tribes like the Horde-aligned Shatterspear.

I personally find it interesting as a concept, even though I'm at least 99% sure that Blizz has either forgotten or just doesn't give a shit. What do you think?
    All of Vol'jins children are unknown and have no power in the game. So it would be wierd if suddenly an unknown troll took over the leadership of the Darkspears.... Even though they do need a leader, fast.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    I agree that children of major characters don't themselves have to be important, but there is also an extreme lack of Troll characters at the moment. Vol'Jin was probably the only troll character most players actually know by name. There hasn't even been a hint as to who, if anyone, could be the next Troll leader, except maybe Rokhan since he is literally the only other horde-aligned Troll with any degree of character development (and even that is entirely outside of WoW).

Edit: Apparently Rokhan is the defacto Troll leader, as he fills the Troll spot when you get PvP Prestige rewards.
    I agree, and if I'm honest, most of the Horde characters are a little under the Radar such as Baine, Lor'themar, Gallywix, Rommath potentially way more. It's quite saddening because they could at least establish more than some random figurehead that many are unaware of. The Orc saturation is a very poor excuse to stay away from it then sudenly ram Sylvanas in as this special connection to Horde but then Alliance from history. It would be far more welcoming if they did things on like Taurens, Trolls, Blood Elves or even Goblins.

Perhaps they will do something though I am unsure they will bother but even with Rokhan being the leader, it could be temporary and potentially mean very little too. Instead of fucking piling yet more on Sylvanas they should expand and explore a bloody bit more. I like Sylvanas and loved her stories prior but even I am getting very tired of their constant vigil on her when there's plenty of things they could do.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    He was a badly-written character from the badly-written comic book that the lore devs refuse to put into the game, because while Rhonin has a few defenders, Med'an is nearly universally-hated--for a while, 'shamagadin' became shorthand for Warcraft's bad writing around the Cataclysm era because Med'an is shown relatively easily attain proficiency in all three classes in a matter of weeks at best for each when other lore characters train for most of their formative years in a given discipline, and because he was arbitrarily made Medivh's son (and the new Guardian, a plot line that seems to have been completely retconned as Khadgar now holds Atiesh and seems to be the de facto Guardian if not in title).

On-topic: Well, now'd be the time for one of his kids to come out of the woodwork, or for one of the other Darkspears to step up and take the tribe's reins.
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-07-25 at 04:27 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!