Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Like so many said: it ISN'T unopened if they removed contents from the package already. Well... unless they have some sort of teleportation device... maybe the real story here is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    The game is unopened (the DVD case is still wrapped), but the CE box obviously is opened. The devil's in the details.
    Well the guy never says anything about specific things being still in wrapping and others not, he just says unopened and what is missing... something contradictory and sketchy.

In the end, if you want the box, sountrack, and book, then you are likely to get those, I just wouldn't count on much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Something that might be worth considering is that the EU version of the TBC CE didn't actually include any codes for the pet (netherwhelp). Blizzard fucked up and forgot to include the codes and you had to phone CS and prove you had the CE by describing what was on certain pages in the art book to the CS agent. They then added the whelp pet to your account manually and also gave you a bonus murloc as an apology for the inconvenience.

It may be worth checking about HOW you go about that these days before you part with your money.
    While correct that the European Burning Crusade Collector's Edition was shipped with standard game codes instead of CE codes, Blizzard decided that the only way to ensure you actually owned the CE was to mail the Collector's Reference Card from the TCG card set, the Collector's Edition barcode (had to be the actual items, NOT photocopies), a photocopy of your receipt and a print out of your account management page to their offices in France. Once Blizzard received these items they upgraded your account to CE status so you would receive the Netherwhelp pet and also sent you a Lurky's Egg as compensation.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...ion-redemption

So, if you live in Europe you need to ensure that the card and barcode are included, otherwise you won't be able to get the Netherwhelp and Lurky pets!
    Last edited by Grizzly UK; 2015-12-11 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I sent him a email asking if the CE code was valid!

His response was "Yes it is"

So could be hope maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly UK View Post
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...ion-redemption

So, if you live in Europe you need to ensure that the card and barcode are included, otherwise you won't be able to get the Netherwhelp and Lurky pets! From what I've seen and read I strongly suspect those two items may well be missing!
    What Grizzly said^^ The CD key was actually impossible to use so install the EU collectors edition, that why you have to mail in all that stuff. Considering the paper back isn't pictured I think its safe to say you cant redeem the in game items.

Oh and it looks like they stopped giving you the extra Lurky for your trouble
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2015-12-11 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit is that a $72.60 shipping fee? That's probably why it's so low.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    It's risky to post an item you're thinking to buy here, chances are someone would have bought the item after reading your post.

That beeing said, the BC collector edition is nowhere as expensive as the vanilla edition.

As for the item itself :

-says unopened, but yet it's opened because there's some missing item
    -has a negative feedback and only 21 feedbacks

Strong advice :
    Do not buy
    Someone brought it
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Seemed genuine.

They had good feedback and just seemed like a random person with random sales, probably didn't know what the codes were worth and just saw what other copies with no code were selling for.

Hey guys.

I found this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263101847423?ul_noapp=true

Thinking of grabbing it. What do you think? Is it worth it? I don't know if I will keep it as a collector's item or open it...

7+ Year Old Account
    holy mother of necros.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    holy mother of necros.
    Fucking hell only just realised it too. Sorry!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariusbb View Post
    Hey guys.

I found this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263101847423?ul_noapp=true

Thinking of grabbing it. What do you think? Is it worth it? I don't know if I will keep it as a collector's item or open it...
    Just remember, items such as this can be resealed very easily and have it look like it is fresh from the factory.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    If I paid over 350€ for something like that I wouldn't admit it in public.
    Man would you be surprised if you knew how much people paid for the NES World Championship official grey/gold carts then.

Collectors dude. They enjoy collecting things. It's their expensive hobby, similar to alcoholics spending money on alcohol or a super-hip techie buying an $800 phone every time a new iteration of the same one comes out. Don't judge them for what they want to do with their money.

OT: I personally wouldn't bother with anything from eBay unless they stated 100% clear as day that the codes haven't been touched (and if they lied, eBay would step in to assist you with a refund and probably an infraction to the seller). It's either really shady or someone selling it for some quick cash. It could be the latter but I'm too paranoid myself and always live by "better safe than sorry".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-LAST-B...3D263101847423

"I described this item as best as possible. Due to the nature of the product and the fact that the key can be easily stolen no returns are accepted for this product."

"Trust me dude, just hand over the 3k."

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Just remember, items such as this can be resealed very easily and have it look like it is fresh from the factory.
    True if the seller was new and had zero rating. Seller is from 2002 according to ebay profile with 100% positive and has seller history.
    Also price label on the box shows signs of wear (thermal printer). If it was resealed the label would look new.

I'm convinced this is legit...

Anyway, it's on my watchlist and will bid for it depending on how high it goes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ariusbb View Post
    I'm convinced this is legit...

Anyway, it's on my watchlist and will bid for it depending on how high it goes...
    First, don't necro threads this old. Make a new one instead.
    Second, the box only has value if you want the actual physical items. For the pet code, read the last post of this:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6621902238
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-07-25 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Read again. Closer. Especially before posting stupid stuff about people not reading closely enough.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=5#post-93
    I think YOU should read again. The people you are quoting posted in 2015. The thread you and I linked to, had the final two posts in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I think YOU should read again. The people you are quoting posted in 2015. The thread you and I linked to, had the final two posts in 2016.
    Yep, noticed it a bit late. Ironically, for not reading closely enough. But at least it turned into strong support for your previous post - this is the reason necroing is bad. Leads to all kinds of misunderstandings and stupid things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Surely at that price its to good to be true right?

What do you guys think?
    It says "Like new"
    Like new: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of ... Read more
    so expect code to be used already (why else would shine wrap be broken???)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Something that might be worth considering is that the EU version of the TBC CE didn't actually include any codes for the pet (netherwhelp). Blizzard fucked up and forgot to include the codes and you had to phone CS and prove you had the CE by describing what was on certain pages in the art book to the CS agent. They then added the whelp pet to your account manually and also gave you a bonus murloc as an apology for the inconvenience.

It may be worth checking about HOW you go about that these days before you part with your money.
    Holly fuck, this is what I should had done...well a decade ago. Is it to late? On launch day of TBC I haven't pre-ordered TBC so it all sold out, only CE left...So I bought it... I kid you not, still using the mousepad..its great.

Maybe I should sell it, since I dont care much for a pet...the hole box is in mint condition since I only opened/looked at it like 5 times.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I opened a ticket to Blizzard asking if I buy that item from ebay if they would give me the pet and they replied that they can still issue the Netherwhelp...

I guess they don't advertise it but they still do redeem them...

Your ticket #59246063 has received a response from Blizzard Support:

Hello ......,

I am Game Master Cromminidus.

I doublechecked your inquiry the Burning Crusade Collector's Edition for you and I hope my answer will help you out or at least clarify the situation for you.

We will provide you with a Netherwhelp's Collar after receiving the following items:

•The back sheet of the Collector’s Edition box which has the barcode on it.
    •The reference card from the Collector’s Edition box.
    •The Blizzard and WoW account names.

The items must be posted to the Versailles office:

Blizzard Entertainment SAS,
    Service Clientèle - The Burning Crusade Collector,
    145 rue Yves le Coz,
    78000 Versailles,
    France

Best wishes and take care! Hope you have a lot of fun and success! I wish you a lovely day!

*wave*
    Last edited by ariusbb; 2017-07-26 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Holly fuck, this is what I should had done...well a decade ago. Is it to late? On launch day of TBC I haven't pre-ordered TBC so it all sold out, only CE left...So I bought it... I kid you not, still using the mousepad..its great.

Maybe I should sell it, since I dont care much for a pet...the hole box is in mint condition since I only opened/looked at it like 5 times.
    Sorry just bumping once. Should I try sell mine, since @ariusbb GM ticket did seem like it can still work.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO