Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    I remember when they tried to push the WOW TCG game with a $100k tournament. The first one was won by some mediocre magic players that basically defaulted to first place because nobody else knew about the game. These players were banned from Magic for 3 years or something later on.
    I have no idea about the field of the WOW TCG tournament but calling Matignon a mediocre magic player is just wrong. The guy won world, came second on a pro tour and was tied for player of the year(he lost the tiebreaker match though). His DCI suspension was due too him leaking a whole set(breaking nda essentially) and not due to anything related to competitive play.

As for M+, it's pretty much the only competitive PvE they can realistically support and I'm happy to see them try. But I doubt it will ever be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    just bring drums
    drums = 25% haste. when you compete to be the best in the world, you want every little bit of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    I like how I produce proof of my statements and you nit-pick verbage.

Meanwhile, the guy I initially responded to has literally no evidence. MMO-Champ threads at their finest.
    You got roasted boi

i did 1.9mil dps on Desolate Host as VDH, solod the spirit phase. can u do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    You got roasted boi

i did 1.9mil dps on Desolate Host as VDH, solod the spirit phase. can u do that?
    1) That's a raid, not M+
    2) Logs or gtfo
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    1) That's a raid, not M+
    2) Logs or gtfo
    It's a Normal Desolate Host log.

Just ignore him and move on. This guy is not worth the time if you look at his post history.

Just ignore him and move on. This guy is not worth the time if you look at his post history.
    post some more m+ logs EMANCPTR

I'm still in shock that this all began when you said "I don't know enough about VDH to comment," and then got jumped on like you presented a 105-page thesis on them.

Anyways, back to the topic, sort of: Anyone here besides you seriously making a push for this?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    drums = 25% haste. when you compete to be the best in the world, you want every little bit of power.
    drums are more than sufficient

M+ invitationals are like arena tournaments , you want to squish as many cc and dmg as possible , it doesnt matter what classes they will play , i will always play my class that i never change dont take these types of events as prime examples of balance , as you said at your number 1 "Have a team of players whom played the game for a few years" and thats more important , imagine going into a mythic with the "BiS" classes and not know what they are capable of , you might still fail miserably.

I'm still in shock that this all began when you said "I don't know enough about VDH to comment," and then got jumped on like you presented a 105-page thesis on them.

Anyways, back to the topic, sort of: Anyone here besides you seriously making a push for this?
    There's 4-5 groups in the US that are seriously pushing. That leaves 3-4 spots for teams that haven't been pushing consistently, but want to try-hard for the Invitational.

EU has Meowchan's group (best in the world by a decent margin for pushing high keys). 1-3 of the Method/Future teams will qualify (Frag's group being the best, but needing more practice in M+ for tactics). Then there's a collection of 4-6 groups with more M+ experience that should qualify. This is the most contested group for the top 8 qualifiers.

Oceanic has 2-3 groups of Honestly/Ego people that will easily qualify. I haven't seen too many other consistent groups pushing, but I don't watch this region too much.

Asia is the wildcard. No idea where they're at and/or what they're pushing. 5 Man content usually favors Asia over the 20 man model so I would expect at least 2-3 decent groups here.

Overall skilll level is EU >>> NA/Oceanic. Asia being the big question mark for where they're at.

Once you get to 2 teams from each region (8 total) and it's on the tournament realm things will be interesting. For the tournament realm we don't know the details on M+ level or Gear. It's most likely going to be low-ish M+ Keys, 18-20, which means the group with the best dps will win. Lower key levels favor good players (Method Raiders) over good M+ players (Meowchan's group) because the M+ experience matters less.

If you're NA/Oceanic #1 in your regional you want to dodge the EU #2 team (#1 seeds from each region face #2 from another region). I wouldn't be surprised by an EU #1 vs. EU #2 Finals.

There's 4-5 groups in the US that are seriously pushing. That leaves 3-4 spots for teams that haven't been pushing consistently, but want to try-hard for the Invitational.

EU has Meowchan's group (best in the world by a decent margin for pushing high keys). 1-3 of the Method/Future teams will qualify (Frag's group being the best, but needing more practice in M+ for tactics). Then there's a collection of 4-6 groups with more M+ experience that should qualify. This is the most contested group for the top 8 qualifiers.

Oceanic has 2-3 groups of Honestly/Ego people that will easily qualify. I haven't seen too many other consistent groups pushing, but I don't watch this region too much.

Asia is the wildcard. No idea where they're at and/or what they're pushing. 5 Man content usually favors Asia over the 20 man model so I would expect at least 2-3 decent groups here.

Overall skilll level is EU >>> NA/Oceanic. Asia being the big question mark for where they're at.

Once you get to 2 teams from each region (8 total) and it's on the tournament realm things will be interesting. For the tournament realm we don't know the details on M+ level or Gear. It's most likely going to be low-ish M+ Keys, 18-20, which means the group with the best dps will win. Lower key levels favor good players (Method Raiders) over good M+ players (Meowchan's group) because the M+ experience matters less.

If you're NA/Oceanic #1 in your regional you want to dodge the EU #2 team (#1 seeds from each region face #2 from another region). I wouldn't be surprised by an EU #1 vs. EU #2 Finals.
    Nice write-up, thanks.

P.S. I meant "here" as in posting on MMO-C. if anyone else is making a push I'd be interested in hearing about how the proving grounds go.

id go with. Dktank, Hpala, mmhunter, 2x armswarr.
    and if 1 cr isnt enough, either get an afflilock or a restodrood.

I'm wondering if Blizz will allow teams to do the spec changes that were required to get past some high key bosses, like CoEN >16 3rd boss, you'd bring someone with a healing offspec and have them zone out, switch to healing, then come back in and 2 heal it. If not, it'll be hard to compete with the utility of BDKs, from the fact that they require almost no baby sitting from healers and they have a group-wide 20% leech CD.

Deleted
    The qualification starts soon. They actually don't normalize the player power in this phase, what makes this whole thing a complete joke. My hope was to see some high quality no names on the tournament servers, but this will never happen. Long live the quantity, RIP quality.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    The qualification starts soon. They actually don't normalize the player power in this phase, what makes this whole thing a complete joke. My hope was to see some high quality no names on the tournament servers, but this will never happen. Long live the quantity, RIP quality.
    Wouldn't anyone worthwhile at M+ be well-known on the leaderboards already?

Deleted
    Wouldn't anyone worthwhile at M+ be well-known on the leaderboards already?
    I want to see players doing high keys not only by pushing their ilvls. Those groups are pretty rare and even more unknown. Meowchans group is the only group with recognition value because they are ruling the boards since S1. This is the only group with success in consistently pushing key levels way over their gear levels.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW if you missed the beta/pre run test of M+ Invitational

TESPA Dungeon Race

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/105304999
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-24 at 10:14 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to analyze tank AoE DPS in 5 mans during fortified weeks, look at Mythic Mistress raiding logs. If you want to analyze tank ST DPS in 5 mans during Tyrannical weeks, look at like Mythic Sisters logs. Of course other things play into this as well such as what dungeon and key level (Arcway vs Upper Karazhan is vastly different in regards to AoE vs ST requirements).

Hard to gauge DH DPS because it's a very unpopular class, given that most people jumped to bears given their relative raiding strength over the entire expansion. However they do appear at the top in both ST/AoE. Bears/Monk/DH dominating AoE by ~150-200k, and DHs dominating ST by ~50k. ST is actually (outside of DHs) fairly balanced for all tanks.

DPS isn't the only indicator though. If it was you wouldn't see any DKs (middling AoE and fine ST). It's likely you're going to see Bears, DKs and DHs for tank choice in the invitational, all for different reasons.

A lot of people underestimate how retarded consumption is for blood DKs. Given the intervals of damage on some bosses and trash in M+, you can easily keep your group up without any healer assistance, while being mostly self-sufficient. It's a trade off though because DKs will do less damage than both Bears/DHs (more so on AoE).

Deleted
    I found it funny that they do some class tuning so shortly before this tournament begins. Warry & Rogue nerfs will still not be enough to prevent them from being dominant in every one of those 32 Regional teams.

And for those saying "Drums are enough": If those 5% more haste during BL shave off even 10 seconds of every boss, then you will most probably want to take a class than can do it, if it does comparable DPS in addition. If you compare BM, Mage or Ele, they are definitely on par with all other ranged. Combine that with an additional Battle Rez of the BM, that is likely to be the standard combo.

Pretty sure resto druids are ok at dps too.
    http://imgur.com/8nrKKLV

He is the best rdruid in the world though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I found it funny that they do some class tuning so shortly before this tournament begins. Warry & Rogue nerfs will still not be enough to prevent them from being dominant in every one of those 32 Regional teams.

And for those saying "Drums are enough": If those 5% more haste during BL shave off even 10 seconds of every boss, then you will most probably want to take a class than can do it, if it does comparable DPS in addition. If you compare BM, Mage or Ele, they are definitely on par with all other ranged. Combine that with an additional Battle Rez of the BM, that is likely to be the standard combo.
    A little hint: nuke dps isn't anything at m+ >20. Meowchans team has the best group comp imo for the upcoming ID (DK, HPala, Warrior, Rogue, Bdruid). Once you are on the tournament servers you can play any class you want.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-25 at 06:29 PM.