View Poll Results: Do you like the current disc playstyle ?

Voters
146. This poll is closed
  • I love it !

68 46.58%
  • I hate it ! I want my shield back ;'(

56 38.36%
  • No , I want a Support / Buffer Spec !

22 15.07%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    Since disc is one of 5 specs, and people (like me) are absolutely in love with it, while others have 4 whole choices, there is no reason to fix/ruin anything.
    Yeah but , there are peoples who loved the way absorb stack with others healers . I find disci unique in that way that u could "stack" with other healers and provide an almost different role by smoothing incoming damage. Other healers loved you for that , now you're just like others , a part in the hps competition.
    Last edited by Silvereyes1372; 2017-07-24 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absorbs are ultimately unhealthy for the game, unfortunately.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going back to previous Disc model would make all other healers quit the game. I wish atonement was more tank healing oriented, to diversify the healers able to do good tank healing and give priests some further incentive to play both healing specs.

Tank healing could be made stronger with some beacon-kind of buff you can place on 1 (or 2) targets that get say 150% of your damage converted into healing to this target. Add to this 1 DD spell very expensive that would convert say 400% of its damage into 1 big heal to the target.

Raid healing as Disc should not rely on atonement which is the same issue monk healers had before Legion that you do not entirely control who you will be able to instantly heal when damage lands. It should be a DD spell that does moderate healing to 6 injured targets.
    Last edited by Bartolo; 2017-07-24 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    You dont check if it holds in reality. You checked if it holds in a void in a very limited spectrum and then say its pretty much right, denying some very obvious arguments. The base healing values of spells matter. the overall mechanics matter. Wether its worth using mana in that way matters. The whole picture matters..
    Everything matters. okay, got it. Let me just go to my reality checkbox and check everything. Gonna throw away my void container, heard that thing only gives limited spectrums.
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-07-24 at 01:29 PM.

Yet another example of a thread that lasted way too long and got way off the original topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    Yeah but , there are peoples who loved the way absorb stack with others healers . I find disci unique in that way that u could "stack" with other healers and provide an almost different role by smoothing incoming damage. Other healers loved you for that , now you're just like others , a part in the hps competition.

I never met someone who loved absorb healers. And I personally thought it was the worst thing in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't play my priest enough, but I enjoy disc. More so than Holy wh3n it comes to the playstyle.

I kind of wish they would make some specs into proper support roles, like EQ had bards and enchanters, Rift had had several too (don't recall beyond Bard).

But what other classes/specs could be considered good candidates for being called a utility class, aside from maybe a mana battery shadow priest, which I doubt is coming back
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I never met someone who loved absorb healers. And I personally thought it was the worst thing in the game.
    But they exist ! Watch the pool

As for everyone saying absorb is either op or useless , I disagree. Maybe in "Wow history" it wasn't balance , but that doesn't mean u can't balance them.

When I can spam my shield with Rapture I don't feel overpower for 8 sec nor useless. It's not about the nature of absorb but about the numbers.

I never understood the " it's either op or useless" thing , i can see the op part if other healers can't heal , but how an absorb can be useless ? (It's a genuine question)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've explained earlier in the thread why support roles won't work in WoW, but if they wanted to completely redesign WoW to make it an option, you could have the following:

• Warriors motivating their allies with shouts, increasing damage done and lowering damage taken.
    • Discipline Priests lowering incoming damage.
    • Mages and/or Shamans modifying and improving the spells of their allies and hampering those of the enemy.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Big fan of disc in 5 mans. Hope it stays as is.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

As for everyone saying absorb is either op or useless , I disagree. Maybe in "Wow history" it wasn't balance , but that doesn't mean u can't balance them.

When I can spam my shield with Rapture I don't feel overpower for 8 sec nor useless. It's not about the nature of absorb but about the numbers.

I never understood the " it's either op or useless" thing , i can see the op part if other healers can't heal , but how an absorb can be useless ? (It's a genuine question)
    its the issue with shielding an amount of damage always being better than healing it since it greatly reduces the risk of dying and essentially becomes a must, as well as affecting the difficulty to such an extent where either the encounter design is built around it (you dont have a disc? GG) or the mechanics risk becoming trivial.

You realize the reason people want it back was because it was a easy spec to play that gave amazing results. Now it's a little harder to get those results, and of course, people who liked the bubble spamming spec now dislike the current version.

I mean, I feel for people who lose the spec they like to play (I loved MoP MW, but now it's gone), but absorbs were really the worst if you played a non absorb healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we live in a world currently where absorbs are completely fine.

You realize the reason people want it back was because it was a easy spec to play that gave amazing results.
    Don't generalized , some probably do love it because it was an easy spec but not everyone

Yeah, I... don't really know what they'd change Disc to, but I do really hope they change it back. Legion Disc really killed the spec for me. I've given it an honest go, both in M+ and raids, and I just hate it. It performs fine, though. Tone down the mad absorbs of MoP Disc and I'd go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Yeah, I... don't really know what they'd change Disc to, but I do really hope they change it back. Legion Disc really killed the spec for me. I've given it an honest go, both in M+ and raids, and I just hate it. It performs fine, though. Tone down the mad absorbs of MoP Disc and I'd go for that.
    Why do they need to change Disc at all? I'm still confused why there is a contingent of people who haven't gone Holy or started playing a different healing spec instead of waiting around trying to play a spec they dislike. The current iteration of Disc is great, I'd be upset if they were to get rid of this playstyle, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Why do they need to change Disc at all? I'm still confused why there is a contingent of people who haven't gone Holy or started playing a different healing spec instead of waiting around trying to play a spec they dislike. The current iteration of Disc is great, I'd be upset if they were to get rid of this playstyle, personally.
    I do play Holy, I just preferred Disc when it was different than it was now. It's called an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I do play Holy, I just preferred Disc when it was different than it was now. It's called an opinion.
    That's fine, and my opinion is that Disc in its old form was not fun for other healers; regardless of how fun it was for you or me to play. Being able to just blanket the raid in bubbles and sniping your co-healers wasn't necessarily "fun" by any metric, unless you equate dominating other healers on the meters "fun". You could clear Mythic HFC without knowing anything other than "cast PW:S on everyone all of the time" and do just fine. There was some more advanced play that would let you get more bang for your buck, but on the whole, most people could just play Disc and do fine. Not my definition of fun or engaging, but to each their own.

I think they actually retained some similar playstyle as we had but wrapped it around Atonement instead of through Absorbs. Honestly, I don't think Disc is going anywhere too far from its current form. It seems to fit a niche that players have wanted since the versions of Mistweaver from yesteryear. Regardless of how much people liked that playstyle for whatever reasons they have, we're not going to see it back. They tried for a few expansions to make Disc work around Absorbs and it failed. They scrapped it and replaced it with this version of Disc for a very specific reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I really don't play my priest enough, but I enjoy disc. More so than Holy wh3n it comes to the playstyle.

I kind of wish they would make some specs into proper support roles, like EQ had bards and enchanters, Rift had had several too (don't recall beyond Bard).

But what other classes/specs could be considered good candidates for being called a utility class, aside from maybe a mana battery shadow priest, which I doubt is coming back
    They aren't going to add support roles into the game, it just doesn't work with the mentality of Wow.

They'd either contribute more than a normal fps, at which point they are absolutely mandatory (what is to stop you taking multiple and just buffing one dps) or they contribute less than a normal dps making them essentially useless.

My experience: raided as Disc almost a decade, on hardest difficulties. Leveled at least 6 Discs, and at times raided with 2 Disc in the same tier. This is the first time I quit raiding because of the spec. It just feel too clunky, and number of Disc still raiding speaks volumes. Hoping for a full rewamp.