Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Why do people have to pay money to the other party after divorce? I understand taking care of your kids but this whole notion is ridiculous.
    Its the idea that the other person could have been working or 'progressing their life' on their own had they not been married, therefore they missed out on money they could have made themself. Ie she would have been a doctor if she hadn't became a house wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    She didnt do anything to earn that money. She doesnt deserve a cent of the money he earned. Screw the gold digging bitch. She can go get her own job. Alimony is bullshit in 2017. It made sense in 1940 when women didnt typically have jobs or work experience. Now its just abused by women who marry a guy with the intent of taking half his shit, after a period of time
    And thats why there are Prenuptial Agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    and they have the same bunk laws, your point?

- - - Updated - - -

no they arnt.
    Too bad the law and anyone with a brain disagrees with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Its the idea that the other person could have been working or 'progressing their life' on their own had they not been married, therefore they missed out on money they could have made themself. Ie she would have been a doctor if she hadn't became a house wife.
    No, it is because a married couple is an economical unit, which by the way is the only reason marriage in a lot of countries comes with tax breaks, and there is no separation of assets between the partners. If you enter such a contract you have to live with the consequences of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    The audacity of this guy. A second woman in Asia and then when the divorce settlement comes, he prefers to go to prison?
    I agree. Finally, a real role-model for young men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

This guy is my hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    And I also don't get what the talk about alimony is about. Alimony is further payment after the divorce to keep the ex wife living at the "standard she got accustomed to"
    Boo hoo hoo. Life isnt fair. If I am working at a million dollar a year job and get laid off should I expect someone else to pick up the tab and give me enough money to maintain the lifestyle Ive been accustomed to? She can suck it up and start earning her own money or live like a normal person. She isnt entitled to live like she wants to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    what they are talking about is separation of assets and that is a necessary part of every divorce. The idea behind that is fairly simple. As far as I can see a married couple is an economical unit, so while married there is (legally) no his or hers, just theirs. So everything they gain during their marriage belongs to them equally and should be distributed as such after the marriage ends.
    If she didnt contribute any money to buy those assets, she doesnt deserve any of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Learn how to read. They were married for 40 years. Both are entitled to half of the assets accumulated during that 40 years.
    I did read the article. Perhaps they are legally entitled to split the assets, but morally its bullshit. She was a lazy bitch who didnt do anything for 40 years other than model some halloween costumes and sit on the couch watching Jerry Springer. She doesnt even know what its like to earn a dollar. She can go get a damn job

- - - Updated - - -

He didnt prevent her from working during those 40 years. She chose to sit at home and not work. They didnt even have any kids that she wouldve stayed home to care for

Deleted
    He chose to enter that contract with her. Nobody forced him to do that. Why should he now get out of the obligations in the contract he signed because it doesn't suit his needs anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And thats why there are Prenuptial Agreements.
    Except that never works because the woman always refuses to get married under one because that means he doesnt trust her and as such marrying someone you dont trust just screams that divorce wont be too far off

Deleted
    Boo hoo hoo. Life isnt fair. If I am working at a million dollar a year job and get laid off should I expect someone else to pick up the tab and give me enough money to maintain the lifestyle Ive been accustomed to? She can suck it up and start earning her own money or live like a normal person. She isnt entitled to live like she wants to.
    If your contract contains a severance package in case of firing, and your former employer doesn't pay that out, are you going to sue, because you feel entitled to the things promised to you in your contract?

- - - Updated - - -

Except that never works because the woman always refuses to get married under one because that means he doesnt trust her and as such marrying someone you dont trust just screams that divorce wont be too far off
    If you think that is such a big issue, don't marry. Doesn't change the fact, that he did and both parties have rights and obligations under such an agreement. If it was about alimony, you would have a leg to stand on. Since this is just about a split of assets, I can see nothing unfair about this.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    This guy is my hero.

Really? A guy who built a business with his wife helping making costumes and having their children model. A family who literally built a business together to become successful and then when they split the man says Fuck you to the person who helped build the buosness. That's your hero? This isn't a case of woman marries rich guy and divorces. This is a case of two people without money getting together both helping to grow the business and then one stiffing the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Really? A guy who built a business with his wife helping making costumes and having their children model. A family who literally built a business together to become successful and then when they split the man says Fuck you to the person who helped build the buosness. That's your hero? This isn't a case of woman marries rich guy and divorces. This is a case of two people without money getting together both helping to grow the business and then one stiffing the other.
    The article didn't mention all that and if he's ready to face 6months in jail I'm willing to bet that something is up. I'm all against these leech womans in this day and age wanting equal rights but then asking for all the bsns man money just because they have a pussy and most of the courts will side with her.

He could be a giant piece of shiet if all that you wrote is true but I doubt it, and anyone stading against this unfair view of divorces is a hero in my books, specially because he's willing to go to jail for it.

So she was forced to be a housewife because she got married? This makes no sense in today's world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't marry said person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    So she was forced to be a housewife because she got married? This makes no sense in today's world.
    That actually isn't the idea. The idea is that marriage is a contract you enter that says (among other things), all you gain during its duration belongs to both parties equally. You can modify that contract (prenup), but the people in question didn't, so it isn't his business or his money, it's theirs. No further justification is necessary at that point.

If you go into a marriage thinking, I want to keep separate accounts and property records, you can make a prenup accordingly and you don't have to give up anything when it comes to an end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Then don't marry said person?
    But then it isn't her fault anymore.

Deleted
    $10 million for 6 months in jail? where do I sign?
    He is still on the hook for the payment afaik (though the article is a bit vague on it) he just got the jail sentence for ignoring the judges orders.

If she was a typical business guy's wife, like wives of businessmen in the US, she took care of all the bills, shined his shoes, threw parties for him to schmooze with his coworkers, took care of the kids, cleaned the house.

All he had to do or think about was business, he could focus 100% on his work.

That's why judges and juries give these women half.

Yes, the judge will throw him back in jail if he doesn't pay up.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    impressive cherrypicking mr mangina. Can you make a thread everytime a guy gets divorced rape?
    Gets what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...f-a5599a8f3c3b

What a shocking read!! Much more at the link.

The audacity of this guy. A second woman in Asia and then when the divorce settlement comes, he prefers to go to prison? I mean really? You really have to wonder what's going on in some peoples' minds..

Do you think the ruling was fair? 10 million? Given what took place?
    More like the audacity that sexism exists in the sense of alimony payments still. How often do men get alimony? Almost never.

Explain why she deserves 10 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If she was a typical business guy's wife, like wives of businessmen in the US, she took care of all the bills, shined his shoes, threw parties for him to schmooze with his coworkers, took care of the kids, cleaned the house.

All he had to do or think about was business, he could focus 100% on his work.

That's why judges and juries give these women half.

Yes, the judge will throw him back in jail if he doesn't pay up.
    Because she reaped 0 benefits from it during right?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

Because she reaped 0 benefits from it during right?
    Same benefits he reaped, 50/50.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland