View Poll Results: Should Blizzard remove leveling?

Voters
234. This poll is closed
  • Yes

35 14.96%
  • No

199 85.04%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What if...Consipracy Theory, it's on purpose so you pay for the 50€ for the level boost?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../138/reece.JPG

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They don't tackle anything at all. You call things archaic tools yet they are still widely used.

Saws are widely used, Chainsaws are more effective

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    When did you level your first character? It's easy to say stuff like that when you already played through it before it was a mess. Or are you simply telling me you enjoy a messy storyline?
    My first character was in Vanilla. My latest character was two weeks ago. And the storytelling is still not as bad as you make it sound. From 1-58 I helped zones decimated by Deathwing. At 58 I answered the call board to travel through the dark portal and stop a new Legion invasion. At 68 I answered the call to rally against the Lich King. At 80 I was asked to aid in Hyjal... Deathwing still up to old shenanigans. At 85 the King asked me to find his son. At 90 the Iron Horde were knocking on our door. At 100 I've hit the Broken Isles to put a stop to the Legion once and for all. In all fairness you don't even see the time skips other than Deathwing is a threat but other threats take precedence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What if...Consipracy Theory, it's on purpose so you pay for the 50€ for the level boost?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../138/reece.JPG
    It's not a conspiracy if it's true.

Saws are widely used, Chainsaws are more effective
    And again you calling something archaic is your opinion. Not a fact. A fact is the tools are still widely used.

And again you calling something archaic is your opinion. Not a fact. A fact is the tools are still widely used.
    Opinions create facts

Opinions create facts
    No they don't. Opinions create more opinions. A fact is something that is true. Your opinion is not a fact.

the only beef I have about leveling is that after slaying so many mythical creatures and some so called gods, we will be gathering fruits or nuts for some old tauren or some mana junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    the only beef I have about leveling is that after slaying so many mythical creatures and some so called gods, we will be gathering fruits or nuts for some old tauren or some mana junkie.
    Being a hero comes in all shapes and sizes. Little things matter too. Helping that old lady gather fruit is just as important.

You don't need a reason to help someone.

Deleted
    I dislike cliches but, why not go outside instead and immerse yourself in a real forest, beach, river or mountain?

You should do things in game which you can't do in real life. Immersing yourself in a virtual forest seems very dull
    I like how you start with another asspulled assumption, this time suggesting I don't do something IRL.
    Guess what, I do. I chose my residence specifically for convenient access to large-enough lakeland plus the fact it's hills all around - and I do use the opportunity on regular basis. Sadly, unless I cut myself off from the natural sounds and my GF with headphones, there's no belf musical themes in the air (not that there's a shortage of songbirds, they just prefer different melodies) and the trees are only golden for a short time in autumn. The architecture is not exactly what I get from starting another belf either, the Brits never got the hang of making their spires hang in the air and so on.
    Funny enough, when I go on my weekly lakeland walks, I'm not helping ensure survival of a near-extinct humanoid fairy race against trolls and undead and most definitely I don't do that by flinging around holy spells or cutting Wretched folks down with some Mortal Strikes. Perhaps there are, after all, some things in the Eversong Woods that I can't do in real life. Nah, I guess not. SO DULL, mate.

I don't think so...

My boyfriend played for the first time WoW in Legion. First time on MMORPG too. He leveled all the way to 110 and LOVED the world, quests and variety of locations. Now he's addicted and i'm worried hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I like how you start with another asspulled assumption, this time suggesting I don't do something IRL.
    Guess what, I do. I chose my residence specifically for convenient access to large-enough lakeland plus the fact it's hills all around - and I do use the opportunity on regular basis. Sadly, unless I cut myself off from the natural sounds and my GF with headphones, there's no belf musical themes in the air (not that there's a shortage of songbirds, they just prefer different melodies) and the trees are only golden for a short time in autumn. The architecture is not exactly what I get from starting another belf either, the Brits never got the hang of making their spires hang in the air and so on.
    Funny enough, when I go on my weekly lakeland walks, I'm not helping ensure survival of a near-extinct humanoid fairy race against trolls and undead and most definitely I don't do that by flinging around holy spells or cutting Wretched folks down with some Mortal Strikes. Perhaps there are, after all, some things in the Eversong Woods that I can't do in real life. Nah, I guess not. SO DULL, mate.
    - Immerse yourself in a real forest.
    - Do not immerse yourself in fake forests
    - Definetely don't cut wretched folks with some mortal strikes irl.

How about that?

Being a hero comes in all shapes and sizes. Little things matter too. Helping that old lady gather fruit is just as important.

You don't need a reason to help someone.
    I could send a "follower" though and concentrate on more important, pressing issues. I mean if we're really role playing here it doesn't make any sense IMO

You are presenting the problem but not the solution or any alternatives.. "they need to replace leveling with X, I don't know what X is but they will just think about something innovative".
    The only thing they should do about lvling in my opinion is implement the enemy scaling tech we have in Legion to every other zone and dungeons so that you can pick any 1-60 zone and you can do all quests from start to end without having to move on after a couple of quests cause they become green and are worth no experience.
    The same thing should be done with zones from other expansions, they should just keep the "brackets" like 1-60 zone, 60-70, 70-80 and so on.
    Remove heirlooms so that you don't one shot mobs and change the experience needed to lvl up so that it's not too long to get a character up from 1-110.

The main issue about making changes to the lvling process is it takes up a lot of resources that could be used elsewhere and we know what happened in cata when they made a full revamp of the old zones.

Deleted
    - Immerse yourself in a real forest.
    - Do not immerse yourself in fake forests
    - Definetely don't cut wretched folks with some mortal strikes irl.

How about that?
    I don't see any reason not to immerse myself in a fake forest, especially if I like its looks. I totally promise not to cut down wretched folks with Mortal Strikes IRL.

No solutions brought, just opiniated complaining brought up as if they were facts. Reminds me of a few other similar threads by that very same OP.

I actually have a solution I apply whenever I encounter things that kill my enjoyment for a game, and it's quite simple: I quit playing that game. If a game doesn't evolve the way I like it, I just find a game that suits my standards.

WoW's leveling system is still appealing to many, despite your small-sampled anecdotal evidence stating otherwise, and despite your protests.

Too bad it no longer appeals to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove stats from leveling. Make everything ability based. Sew a more cohesive storyline around this = profit.
    And still we wait for this amazing, fantastic, best thing ever system you want to replace leveling with. Are you planning on gracing us with it? or just shovel air at us? Anyone can point out a problem, not everyone can come up with a reasonable or well thoughtout solution.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-07-25 at 02:44 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

That's what they have been doing. Reworking it. That's how it became the current abomination.

Stitched together like a zombie
    It made a little more sense sense back when cata was the latest expansion. The only thing that's really out of place now is Outland, and Northrend being before the rest of the cata zones.

Deleted
    Another tikcol thread. You have leveling in literally every single damn RPG game (also single player with world wide success, like Witcher 3). Everyone. Always. With more or less impact, but you have them. Even in your so called "skill" game, you still have, surprise, levels. The only one without levels that i can think right now are platform honestly.

First of all, even Blizzard knows that leveling is now tedious and real game starts at max level, that's why they give you a free boost when you buy the game.

That said, i agree that is a real shame to let all WoW beutiful lore and quest and zones waste away, but your "solution" isn't really fitting.

As i said in another thread, they shuold introduce some kind of "adventure" or "story" mode. For example, you start at level 1 and you can choose to level the regular way or to follow an "adventure". At level 1 you can choose, for example, the "Molten Core threat" and you start a quest chain that brings you, at the end, in a solo scenario against Ragnaros and you ding 60. At level 60 you choose to do another "Vanilla" adventure (like The Scourge threat) or do an Outland Adventure, for example "The Ogre Menace" where you end killing Grull in a scenario and hit 70, and so on.

Of course the amount of exp/speed must be competitive, otherwhise people will still spam LFD all day long.

It is old, but that's how levelling felt from Vanilla to Wrath then they did Cataclysm and though it wasn't fan-fucking-tastic, it certainly demonstrated that they can do it. They just need time and more manpower to churn it the fuck out. They want to do it properly no doubt and that's because... Well Chronicles.

Keep your mind on that Chronicles series - where it's explaining pretty much ALL of the universe from the very beginning. Now think on that. Why do they boast that World of Warcraft has the biggest team ever? Why did they go out of their way to redo the lore properly and write even more books? Branch out into other media like a film and as rumoured, an actual TV series? Think on it harder.
    They are meaning to make business and go to town on it. They are going to try and capture people once again and all they need is time since they certainly are throwing money at it to make it have one hella of foundation.

Simple fact is, I reckon that complete world overhaul is coming. They have done outside in text as it's faster and easier... We just won't know in-game until it's either datamined OR it's released. Interesting that Kul'Tiras has been put into the datamine.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 02:52 PM.